Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2013, 01:00 AM   #541
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
From the Consolidated Results for the year ended March 31, 2013

Ricoh Co., Ltd. Consolidated Results for the year ended March 31, 2013

Ricoh's CEO summary words about cameras and optics part of Ricoh, in brief:

"Everything is growing well in these areas [] K30, K5II, Q10 are unique offer and doing well Q10 being a market leader in Q3 2012 []

However, these products are still weak, so in fiscal 2013 we plan to further strengthen this area so as it will make substantial contribution to our business results. []

This net income drop in Q4 2012 is affected by sorting out our legacies, thus Pentax Ricoh Imaging itself have grown to a successful level. In this period some clean-ups of the past legacies and related activities were booked in structure reform cost. So I strong believe that this area of business will make contribution in fiscal 2013.

In April Pentax Ricoh developed GR, hi end compact, which is very well received. Some low end products were developed by other companies, and they will make a good range of offer."
If I read this:
- They took a loss on the value off the Pentax-part wich was in the books, but not to its value.
- This caused an overhole loss in total
- Sales are stronger then before
- Return on investment is lower then the group should bring

I think this is very true. I spoke to mister Shiro Kondo on PhotoKina and he was not to pleased with the results off Pentax so far, but very interested in the brand and the products. So it is a way off finding the route where brand - products - financial results are all going to get a good rate.

06-26-2013, 02:21 AM   #542
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
If I read this:
- They took a loss on the value off the Pentax-part wich was in the books, but not to its value.
- This caused an overhole loss in total
- Sales are stronger then before
- Return on investment is lower then the group should bring

I think this is very true. I spoke to mister Shiro Kondo on PhotoKina and he was not to pleased with the results off Pentax so far, but very interested in the brand and the products. So it is a way off finding the route where brand - products - financial results are all going to get a good rate.
Something like that. But what this report also tells is this: in fiscal 2013 (March 2013-March 2014) it will be finally shown how much Ricoh has invested new resources into Pentax Ricoh Imaging. All before that, concluding with Q4 2012, was consolidation and restructure.
So the following months not only show whether Pentax is competitive and imaginative, but how serious Ricoh is about their own promise, especially in using their sales channels.