Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Round 2 of chats starting?

I was just asked to schedule a phone call, likely on Monday, with Mr. Malcolm.

Anybody else?

05-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good news. What topics are you considering?

If I could suggest:

1) Please ask them to stock ALL the optional accessories for their current cameras. Such as the diopter adjustment add-ons that Randall S tells people Japan won't sell outside Japan but are available to our friends in Canada through Pentax Canada.
2) Teach their phone staff about their equipment, accessories, etc. and to teach them to say "I don't know the answer to that, but I will check and call you back today with an answer." instead of the current widely reported practice of making answers up.
3) Start offering, even for a fee, things like hats, shirts, d-rings, etc. - people actually will wear PENTAX clothing if the offer it. Look at Slick's wonderful shirts over the past couple years.

Thanks.

Last edited by Docrwm; 05-08-2013 at 06:51 PM.
05-08-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was going to mention 3) already. I've never spoken to their phone staff. I hadn't considered 1) but I would really like it. I gave up looking for those diopter adjustments... I didn't know they were available through Pentax Canada... do they ship to the US?
05-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I was going to mention 3) already. I've never spoken to their phone staff. I hadn't considered 1) but I would really like it. I gave up looking for those diopter adjustments... I didn't know they were available through Pentax Canada... do they ship to the US?

Do a forum search for "Randall S" and see the posts about him. Reference thread is here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/147469-pentax-usa-...ustrating.html

I finally shamed Pentax USA into sending me one because I asked here and nice folks from Canada said they had no problem ordering them from Pentax Canada. Randall S had literally told me that they were unavailable outside Japan and that Pentax Japan did not offer them to other distributors already. I wrote a nice note to Pentax Canada asking to purchase one and I got an email from Randall asking for my address so they could ship one to me. It should NOT be that way. I benefit every day from that little -3 diopter and they should be readily available through Pentax USA, not begged for. Heck, Pentax Australia has them listed on various ADs websites! You can order them, IF you have an OZ address.