05-25-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour,

Just got an email announcing the "My Pentax" website ... https://my.pentax.eu/

Allez et A+, Jean the Frog
For now 100% UK focussed and therefore entirely useless and mislabeled as an EU site.
05-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by newmikey Quote
For now 100% UK focussed and therefore entirely useless and mislabeled as an EU site.
No, I think that it's been expanded. My website link is to a French language page (German is an available language, too) and one can sign up for a newsletter for each particular EU country ... J
05-25-2013, 02:39 AM   #4

I hate sites that only push you to register without showing any useful content first...

05-25-2013, 02:49 AM   #5
ogl
Banned

Bonjour,

What is the main idea of this site?
05-25-2013, 03:01 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
What is the main idea of this site?
Here's the email that I got ...

" We’re delighted to let you know that as a newsletter subscriber, our new web platform, ‘My Pentax’, is now available to you. ‘My Pentax’ replaces the previous newsletter and product registration.

We have created a new user account for you based on your personal data which was previously saved in our database. Your personal data and all registered products have, where possible, been transferred to the new ‘My Pentax’ web platform.

At ‘My Pentax’ you will have access to the following:

• A user account
• A login and logout function for the PENTAX RICOH Newsletter (in your account profile)
• The opportunity to register your PENTAX RICOH camera(s) and save your sales receipt. This is useful for guarantee purposes or if your product is lost or stolen.
• Central access to our downloads (drivers, firmware updates) for your registered camera(s)

As you are already registered to receive our newsletter, please follow the steps below to log into your account:

1. Firstly, click here to open my.pentax.eu

2. You will need to create a password by clicking on the ‘request password’ function. Once you have done this, you will then receive an email with a link which will allow you to create a new password.

3. Go to the menu ‘Login’ where, using your email address as your username and the newly created password, you can log in to your account

4. You may receive a notification on your start page that your profile is not complete. This means that PENTAX RICOH could not create a complete profile account for you as we do not have all of your relevant personal data. If you have any questions, please contact us by email at my@pentax.eu

We hope you enjoy using ‘My Pentax’.

PENTAX RICOH Imaging UK LTD.
Pentax House
Heron Drive
Langley
Slough SL3 8Pn
UK

Violà ... J
05-25-2013, 04:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

I've already contacted them that they shouldn't transform the PENTAX logo, it looks very unprofessional.
Currently, not much you can get from registering, but there are potential services they could plug in.

05-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #8
Closed Account

QuoteOriginally posted by cap69 Quote
I hate sites that only push you to register without showing any useful content first...
Agree 100%
05-26-2013, 12:52 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wcchamp18 Quote
Agree 100%
And, sites where they request excessive amount of personal information to sign up for a simple newsletter. Seriously, street address and birthdate? Get off my lawn.
05-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
And, sites where they request excessive amount of personal information to sign up for a simple newsletter. Seriously, street address and birthdate? Get off my lawn.
Hi
You are so right, when ever I see anything like this I press the close button immediately. I also refuse to buy stuff online where the seller wants me to open an account. If I want to buy and pay for it why should I have to open an account. I get everyting delivered to my P.O. Box and if they don't want to deliver there, it's their loss. It is nothing else but address harvesting and then it is sold on to third parties.

Not only get off my lawn - get off my street !
05-28-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
Closed Account

Just registered on the Pentax fr. site and all is OK so far.
We will see what shows up.
05-29-2013, 12:41 AM   #12

one feature of the site is the ability to register all of your equipment so you have the details in one place. Listing serial numbers is something I've been meaning to do for some time and this was an opportunity.

But.. and it's a big but, the only lenses and equipment you can register are those currently for sale - so despite the claims around backward compatibility of lenses, the website has a very small list of Pentax equipment you can claim to own.
05-29-2013, 04:08 AM   #13
Forum Member

There is something strange going on with this "friendly" forum.

If people complain about Pentax not coming with long awaited new stuff (e.g. FF or new APS-C - not a minor upgrade) than they are advised to go elsewhere and by Canikon cameras because they don't support Pentax enough.

But if Pentax launches an new customer website, asks people to subscribe and tries to get as much information as possible about Pentax owners (which are exactly what they should do prior to major product releases) than the Pentax "supporters" are not willing to do that?

Of course you should subscribe. That is supporting Pentax.
Getting these data and being able to distribute the newsletters to a maximum of Pentax owners is important for Pentax (for any company).

If the forum members are not willing to do Pentax the favor of providing them some information, than the forum might be friendly but it sure isn't Pentax-friendly.
05-29-2013, 04:36 AM   #14
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by wigelII Quote
There is something strange going on with this "friendly" forum.

If people complain about Pentax not coming with long awaited new stuff (e.g. FF or new APS-C - not a minor upgrade) than they are advised to go elsewhere and by Canikon cameras because they don't support Pentax enough.

But if Pentax launches an new customer website, asks people to subscribe and tries to get as much information as possible about Pentax owners (which are exactly what they should do prior to major product releases) than the Pentax "supporters" are not willing to do that?

Of course you should subscribe. That is supporting Pentax.
Getting these data and being able to distribute the newsletters to a maximum of Pentax owners is important for Pentax (for any company).

If the forum members are not willing to do Pentax the favor of providing them some information, than the forum might be friendly but it sure isn't Pentax-friendly.
You are just too reasonable for a forum member. Gosh ..
05-31-2013, 06:40 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Bonjour,

Thanks for the info.

But it is sad of course, that Pentax is unable to carry over their Pentax registration website which used to be pretty much the same.

Registering at this former site had the benefit that you obtained a voucher (typically worth 50€) for your next Pentax purchase with the same dealer. Renewed with every purchase.

Which was much more useful to maintain customer relationship and to make dealers advertize Pentax.