06-05-2013, 12:44 AM   #1
Forum Member

Tokina making FF PK lenses?

According to Wikipedia

Tokina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

06-05-2013, 12:54 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmmm... Apparently Wikipedia deems that Tokina employee's comment as very official. What was the source of that comment anyway?
06-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"In February 2013, a Tokina employee at CP+ Imaging Showcase stated the company had been working with Pentax to develop lenses for a Full Frame (24mmx36mm) Sensor Camera."

The statement isn't even sourced. That said, it's about as legit on Wikipedia as it would be I overheard a random person say that same sentence two tables away at McDonalds.
06-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohntheThird Quote
Not even a written source sadly. I know that there were reports on the forum and I actually think they are more worth than a sentence on a badly updated Wikipedia page without sources.

06-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"In February 2013, a Tokina employee at CP+ Imaging Showcase stated the company had been working with Pentax to develop lenses for a Full Frame (24mmx36mm) Sensor Camera." from Tokina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well Pentax did say that they are working on a FF camera. So it's really a mater of "when" as opposed to "if." It makes sense that Pentax is working with Tokina again as they are both smaller market players and the past collaborations have lead to some amazing lenses :-).
06-05-2013, 12:59 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It was reported here at the time, and the significance discussed at some length.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-full-frame/213826-full-frame-devel...firmation.html
06-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Maybe the Pentax FF is not THAT far in the future after all?

06-05-2013, 01:15 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ah, but how far is THAT far? I'm not knocking the thought that it might be sooner than we think or hope, but we have been waiting rather a long time. I'll think about it when it arrives, but in the meantime, I'll be interested to see what the next APS-C body is, because I imagine that will appear first. I do think it will arrive, by the way, and I've been saying that here for some time.
06-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #9
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
It was reported here at the time, and the significance discussed at some length.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-full-frame/213826-full-frame-devel...firmation.html

Sorry, it is indeed exactly the same quote. I missed this post.

Indeed it is no more than a rumor.
06-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Never trust loose rumors on Wiki without sources. Everyone can log in and edit pages.
06-05-2013, 04:57 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
"In February 2013, a Tokina employee at CP+ Imaging Showcase stated the company had been working with Pentax to develop lenses for a Full Frame (24mmx36mm) Sensor Camera." from Tokina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Well Pentax did say that they are working on a FF camera. So it's really a mater of "when" as opposed to "if." It makes sense that Pentax is working with Tokina again as they are both smaller market players and the past collaborations have lead to some amazing lenses :-).
It does not say anything about it being made for K-mount. There are other lenses Pentax been working together with Tokina that has not been made for K-mount. So Tokina working together with Pentax on FF lenses might not be a proof for Pentax releasing a FF camera soon.
06-05-2013, 06:24 AM   #12
Veteran Member

FF also doesn't automatically have to indicate 135mm format. Maybe the 645DII is going to be FF MF, and they developing lenses for that.
06-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #13
Forum Member

Original Poster
The wikipedia entry has been undone today!

Tokina: Difference between revisions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
06-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohntheThird Quote
Removed by a user named Smial. Who is that, and what does he/she know?!

And how coincidental that it was removed today, when this topic was opened at PF.

...The suspense is killing me... LOL!
06-05-2013, 07:26 AM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Hmmm... Apparently Wikipedia deems that Tokina employee's comment as very official. What was the source of that comment anyway?
The story is on our homepage, under the CP+ category (just do a search for CP+). Nothing official- it was just an interview question.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: