Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
So the K-30 is a Pontiac Fiero?
Something like that :-)

06-06-2013, 07:05 AM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
You guys are really good at reminding me why I stopped reading this forum.

The K-50 is an iterative update of the K-30, with slightly improved specs, slightly smaller, and so on. Why are you whipping yourselves into a frenzy over it?

The introduction of a DA-L WR lens is a great move, IMO. I'm also not sure where you guys are getting the idea that the K-50 is going to be as expensive as a K-5 II—if past pricing is anything to go by, the price will probably be a direct replacement of the Euro symbol with the dollar sign = $699, probably selling cheaper from the get-go online. Extremely reasonable considering what you get.
Some seems to read the threads just to find things to complain about. If everything suck I don't even know why they shoot with Pentax.
06-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #198
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kobayashi.K Quote
So, my conclusion is that the presented weight is not correct and that the K-50 body could be magnesium.
Your argument makes sense. Maybe the dimensions are wrong too. Someone posted a K-x and K-50 image in the same post. The scale is not accurate of course, but the shape is nearly identical. A K-x sized, magnesium bodied, weather-resistant K-50 with 100% pentaprism would be killer at this price. A design like this would fit right in with what Pentax said they are aiming for; small, rugged, large VF.

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Some seems to read the threads just to find things to complain about. If everything suck I don't even know why they shoot with Pentax.
I read these threads until new information stops coming. When there's only bitching and moaning left, I unsubscribe.

Last edited by audiobomber; 06-06-2013 at 07:20 AM.
06-06-2013, 07:14 AM   #199
ogl
Banned

The K-50 is an iterative update of the K-30, with slightly improved specs, slightly smaller, and so on.
For example? No any SO ON.

K100D - K200D
K-m - K-x - K-r
K-30 - K-50

where is the biggest difference in specs? where is the serious jump in this niche?

06-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #200
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And you , sir, are complaining about the complainers
06-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #201
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
For example? No any SO ON.

K100D - K200D
K-m - K-x - K-r
K-30 - K-50

where is the biggest difference in specs? where is the serious jump in this niche?
But K-5 to K-3 is numerically less....

As was K-7 to K-5...

Pentax should NEVER make calculators. They keep missing buttons.
06-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #202
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Your argument makes sense. Maybe the dimensions are wrong too. Someone posted a K-x and K-50 image in the same post. The scale is not accurate of course, but the shape is nearly identical. A K-x sized, magnesium bodied, weather-resistant K-50 with 100% pentaprism would be killer at this price.
To say honest...Yeah. K-50 is better in some ways than K200D (2008). I can't deny.

But I don't know any Pentax camera-killer at the market now. Only in fan's dreams. (K10D was the killer. Really)
The killers are plastic toys from Canon and Nikon and the big army of mirrorless cameras...

The size of K-50 is the same as K-30.

P.S. K-50 - Let it be...But why NO ANY CHANGES in controls? NO ANY CHANGES inside?
Where is direct video button?

06-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #203
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
And you , sir, are complaining about the complainers
Yep, and died a little inside when making the post. I still got soul left for about two more complaints about complainers but after that my future looks very bleak.
Them most interesting thing if the rumor proves to be true is the fact that they announced two cameras in the same series the same way, twice in a row.
06-06-2013, 07:22 AM   #204
Pentaxian

It's K30II. The same trick as with K-5II. Hmmmmm....Ricoh is real progress for Pentax.

To offer such camera is real humiliation and mockery at the customer.

Only FF could absolve Pentax Ricoh company.
This is an entry level dslr. It takes the well established stuff that has been sold in a couple of bodies for a few years, and puts it together in an inexpensive one. This is bread and butter sales stuff, move lots of boxes into the market segment that moves numbers.

I expect Pentax Ricoh to establish a product line across the segments, each one having some specific selling feature. This one has water resistance. There probably will be 3 aps-c models, and a full frame. As I said upthread this is probably more a manufacturing upgrade than a consumer upgrade. I saw some shots of the inside of a K5 and was surprised at how much labor intensive assembly was required for the electronics. There was room to cut manufacturing costs.

A solid well performing water resistant body and lens package for a low price is a compelling offer. I don't want it, I want something more, but lots of folks are perfectly content with that. And vendors will sell them.
06-06-2013, 07:27 AM   #205
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
This is an entry level dslr.

Pentax has no entry-level DSLR. 800 EURO is not entry-level camera.

The niche of entry-level is empty. K-02 could be there.
06-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #206
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The K-50 is an iterative update of the K-30, with slightly improved specs, slightly smaller, and so on. Why are you whipping yourselves into a frenzy over it?

The introduction of a DA-L WR lens is a great move, IMO. I'm also not sure where you guys are getting the idea that the K-50 is going to be as expensive as a K-5 II—if past pricing is anything to go by, the price will probably be a direct replacement of the Euro symbol with the dollar sign = $699, probably selling cheaper from the get-go online. Extremely reasonable considering what you get.
I agree. Frankly, I don't see any of the recent Nikon/Canon upgrades as having been revolutionary either. Even the D7000 to D7100 was more evolutionary in nature, rather than a huge improvement. If you owned a D7000, would you really feel driven to buy a D7100? In addition, this is a K30 update and any brand new, top of the line features that Pentax is working on will not be released with it anyway, they would be released with flagship APS-C or 645D II.
06-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #207
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, and died a little inside when making the post. I still got soul left for about two more complaints about complainers but after that my future looks very bleak.
You need a Pentax Forums t-shirt in black...and a new K-50.

No a deal breaker, but the lack of video AF is an issue.
06-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #208
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
You need a Pentax Forums t-shirt in black...and a new K-50.
Who are you and how do you know what shirt I actually wear at the moment?!
06-06-2013, 07:34 AM   #209
Pentaxian

I wonder what the improvement in the Safox is. I find this kind of surprising. Last year at EXPOsure the Pentax guy hauled out a pre-production almost functional K-30 top show me. This year they had a stock line "We don't comment on un-released product". That it would seem is in stark contrast to last year. Not only that last year they assured me the improvements in the K-30 were being incorporated into the K-5 (which turned out to be the K-5 II) . I asked about a 645 DII and he responded by saying "The 645D is on a 5 year replacement cycle." That would mean no update until 2015? If my experience at EXPOsure means anything, the old japaneese looking guy I talked to last year knew a lot more than anyone at this year's show, or, Pentax is not as vibrant as it was a year ago. Or maybe it's just that the old Japanese guy retired.
06-06-2013, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #210
Veteran Member

My brother is mad that he can't change the video button on his Samsung NX1000 to something useful. Also to me a button like that is pointless. If I'm going to shoot video I put the camera in video mode, when in still mode I shoot stills and don't want videos. A SR button would be great though so let me assign the video button to that function instead.