Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-20-2013, 02:13 AM   #661
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
Nope, it's not avaialble on the K5.

I have a K-01 with it, and how it works is that you get a silvery glow around what is in focus while using live view (sadly the only mode avaialble on the K-01).
does It indicate what you focused on or what's in focus (taking inti account the aperture)?

06-20-2013, 03:58 AM   #662
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wigelII Quote
does It indicate what you focused on or what's in focus (taking inti account the aperture)?
Please take a look at one of the many threads on this topic, its an interesting feature with a lot of nuances. There are even some youtube videos that show its basic function. It shows a DoF, and stopping down a preset lens, for example, is shown.
06-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #663
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It shows what is in focus. For instance if you had a person standing in front of a tree, yet the aperture was wide open (giving a narrower depth of field) you would see the glow around the person if they were what was in focus. If you stopped way down to get everythign in focus then the glow would be around the person and the tree. Also, in the fist example, if you somehow missed focus on the person and focused on teh tree instead, the glow would be around the part of the tree that was in focus.
06-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #664
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
For publication in women's magazines :
K50 - Colors
"A matched camera for every shoe pair and dress you own"

For publication in "men's magazines" (scroll down to bottom of page!)
K50 - European Hub Site
"K-50 - the camera loved by womankind"

This strategy should rapidly increase market share...

06-20-2013, 12:40 PM   #665
Pentaxian

Lol Froeschle, so true.
06-21-2013, 03:26 AM   #666
Pentaxian

Newest Pentax K-50 Video (by Pentax Japan, in Japanese):

06-21-2013, 04:55 AM   #667
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Loved the music - reminiscent of "Anyway You Want It" - I wonder if that was a coincidence!

06-21-2013, 05:38 AM   #668
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Color order service for the PENTAX K-50 digital SLR camera, offering a choice of 120 body color combinations | PENTAX RICOH IMAGING
06-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #669
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Thanks a lot for this post ... good to see the K-50 on the move ... J
06-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #670
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Then the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is an über-civilised country .
wasn't it Always?
Phtt!

The more "civilized" we become, the more we regress from where we came. Take a walk around the lesser regions of any modern city, anywhere on the planet, and you will see the very worst that man has to offer in terms of civility.

Drunken bums passed out in abandoned doorways, dressed in filthy clothes that have not been washed since they were put on, and soaked in urine and smelling of feces.

Hookers and their pimps cruising the alleys looking for johns eager for sexual release.

Dealers on hiding in the shadows awaiting the approach of those desperate for another fix.

Corrupt cops looking the other way.

Poor souls dying in the gutter and no one seems to care.

Derelict buildings crumbling, and the fringe people clinging to their last bit of hope, struggling to exist.

Disease and illness slowly gnawing away at the bodies and minds of those who will never be relieved of their sad existence, until death finally sets them free.

The thing is, no matter what we do as a society, when there are large groups of people congregated closely, in the urban environment, there will be those who either cannot, or will not, work towards improving their lot in life.

Me?

I'll continue to live in the country, where the population density is low, and the destitute are far away.
06-21-2013, 07:03 AM   #671
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Phtt!

The more "civilized" we become, the more we regress from where we came. Take a walk around the lesser regions of any modern city, anywhere on the planet, and you will see the very worst that man has to offer in terms of civility.

Drunken bums passed out in abandoned doorways, dressed in filthy clothes that have not been washed since they were put on, and soaked in urine and smelling of feces.

Hookers and their pimps cruising the alleys looking for johns eager for sexual release.

Dealers on hiding in the shadows awaiting the approach of those desperate for another fix.

Derelict buildings crumbling, and the fringe people clinging to their last bit of hope, struggling to exist.

Disease and illness slowly gnawing away at the bodies and minds of those who will never be relieved of their sad existence, until death finally sets them free.

The thing is, no matter what we do as a society, when there are large groups of people congregated closely, in the urban environment, there will be those who either cannot, or will not, work towards improving their lot in life.

Me?

I'll continue to live in the country, where the population density is low, and the destitute are far away.
This is why I have my place on 5 acres on top of a hill and away from the city. Sure, it's a 36 mile commute that takes me 40 minutes on avarage (I drive fast), but I can understand why the country music star that had the place built had it built there. It's peaceful, and the worst problem I had was some deer invaded my garden one night (I will have my revenge in the fall). All my neighbors have acreage too, and they all seem nice, relaxed, and laid back. I love it!
06-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #672
mee
Veteran Member

Me?

Pot meet kettle?
06-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #673
Veteran Member

Phtt!

I used to live in Detroit too.
06-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #674
Veteran Member

Probably just aren't looking close enough. Crazy shit happens in the sticks.
06-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #675
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by ElJamoquio Quote
I used to live in Detroit too.
That place is the worst.