Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 44 Likes Search this Thread
06-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Great! By fall, a company will pay me for a coffee table book we're currently making... Will be spending that hard-earned cash for equipment upgrade... But the question is, what would Pentax-Ricoh deliver??? Will it be another APS-C, or a new 645, or maybe something that was missing throughout the years???

06-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
...Will it be another APS-C...
That's what the most plausible rumors say. A high end APS-C camera in September.
06-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
A high end APS-C camera
Yeah, I think so too... Maybe an APS-C camera with built-in wifi and gps, dual SD card slot, and tethering?
06-18-2013, 11:13 PM - 2 Likes   #19
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
Yeah, I think so too... Maybe an APS-C camera with built-in wifi and gps, dual SD card slot, and tethering?
Coffee machine. It's way more useful than GPS.
I can't shoot in the cold winter morning without a hot, delicious coffee with milk.

In addition to EyeFi, Apple and Adobe, Pentax has worked hard with the Italian coffee and espresso machines manufacturer Gaggia from Milano to deliver us state of the art coffee on the go experience.

http://www.gaggia.com/e/the-story.html

Last edited by Uluru; 06-18-2013 at 11:22 PM.
06-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That's what the most plausible rumors say. A high end APS-C camera in September.
High-end APS-C is no longer as high as we've seen in the past.

With the lower prices of FF cameras we'll see a lower initial MSRP on anything APS-C I predict.
06-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #21
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
High-end APS-C is no longer as high as we've seen in the past.
No, today it's even higher.
06-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #22
Banned

I wouldn't say "rumours say". It's just common sense.

06-24-2013, 05:25 AM   #23
Veteran Member

The 645D is due for a refresh. That may not be relevant for most Pentaxians, but the "halo effect" is good for the brand.
06-24-2013, 05:55 AM   #24
Veteran Member

It's a bit hard to get excited about new-DSLR-rumors now, since the last two "new" DSLRs (K50 and K500) differ extremely little from each other. With that latest release, it has become completely plausible that Pentax for example will market a K-5III and K-5IIIs in September. With some tweaks, big and/or small, to features.
06-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #25
Pentaxian

You're assuming Pentax doesn't have a plan But they do, and the first step is not to completely redo the entry level cameras - but to have a working APS-C range, with one camera clearly at the top and technology trickling down to the cheaper models. I'd say launching the K-50&K-500 duo is the fastest way to achieve that.

Not being able to clearly differentiate between the entry levels and the flagship (e.g. K-30 vs. K-5) is precisely what they should avoid.
06-24-2013, 06:36 AM - 1 Like   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
You're assuming Pentax doesn't have a plan But they do, and the first step is not to completely redo the entry level cameras - but to have a working APS-C range, with one camera clearly at the top and technology trickling down to the cheaper models. I'd say launching the K-50&K-500 duo is the fastest way to achieve that.
Where did you get that information?

Not being able to clearly differentiate between the entry levels and the flagship (e.g. K-30 vs. K-5) is precisely what they should avoid.
...But is the current situation.
06-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #27
Pentaxian

That Pentax has a plan? From monochrome Don't worry, we'll all see if I was right or not, in few months.

That's what I'm saying: they are working to solve this "current" situation.
06-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #28
Veteran Member

That Pentax has a plan? From monochrome Don't worry, we'll all see if I was right or not, in few months.

I translate to: you don't have anything to base that theory on, except whishfull thinking.

If they really have something new in September, then it would have been wise for them to wait untill September, to market it all at once. Just to avoid the current situation. That's why think that they will have anything really new.
06-24-2013, 08:42 AM   #29
Pentaxian

You can translate it however you wish, but you are wrong. The cat is out of the bag, all it takes is to find it between the plushies... you can do it as well, if you wish.
No, it wouldn't have been wise to wait instead of selling the newly introduced cameras.

I never said anything about September, did I?
06-24-2013, 11:19 AM   #30
Banned

Is this man Pentax top-manager?

We have been hearing fabs about "plans" for many-many years.
Of course, common logic says - every company has plan. But what kind of plan?

Ricoh Pentax plans are strange - to produce new cameras without any serious difference with previous ones.
If you will go to K-50 section at PF, we will be surprised that this section is very-very bloodless for discussion.
Nothing to discuss. Unique situation.

Pentax missed all trains. Alas. They can get on tram only.