Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
People still watch the evening news?

06-30-2013, 09:24 PM   #17
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
I would bet I se a Pentax DSLR about 5-7% of the time. I've stopped and had a few chats with users. Their usual comment is that they had older Pentax gear so are brand loyalists, and others said the AA batteries! I've heard that a number of times.
Lol... the AA batteries part is what made me first look at Pentax years ago - I had a Fuji bridge camera then that also used AAs, and decided that at some point, when I move up to an SLR, I would want to get one that uses AA batteries too.

Interesting observations about the tourists in your area. I work in downtown Toronto, and during my lunch breaks, I do see a lot of tourists too, but these tend to be the mall-going crowd, and so I see a lot of P&S cameras and the (ugh) iPhones.
06-30-2013, 10:02 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It's a DA L and no lens hood...
You're unhappy because someone is not using a lens hood?
06-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It's a DA L and no lens hood...
but it's got a green ring. dal has grey ring

07-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by royden Quote
Took the words right out of my mouth.......I mean fingers. Yet to see a person with one in 3 years
Actually the situation around here is a bit better, but I'm yet to see any Pentaxian here, other than me of course, who is younger than 60.... Guess this is sad
07-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #21
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pentax user Quote
but it's got a green ring. dal has grey ring
It looked silver to me. Now I can't tell.

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
You're unhappy because someone is not using a lens hood?
Pentax users should look like they know how to use their gear. If the lens is a DA L it is almost excusable, the DA L doesn't come with a lens hood, but if it's a DA then no lens hood, or reversed lens hood, is inexcusable.
07-07-2013, 10:41 AM   #22
Forum Member

I use my hand to shadow the lens in sunlight. The size of the hood that comes with lenses these days are huge and they aren't metal any more, why carry the extra weight?