Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #271
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
No, about history of corporate company names :
1- Asahi optical company,
2- Pentax Corporation,
3- Hoya Corporation,
4- PRIC, and as from next august 1st : Ricoh Imaging co.
... and market-shares negative evolution during this time period...
What arised to their competitors in the meantime ?
So even the name change from Asahi Optical to Pentax Corporation was a bad thing?

Please don't insist, you know what i mean.
I am patient and loyal Pentax user, but this time i am also worried.
If you were so patient and loyal, you would not be worried about nothing.

It doesn't change the necessity/preference for a unique commercial brand in the mid-term.
And the new corporate name is just uncoherent with PRIC's initial choice.
But you don't know the criteria for that name; how could you see if it's coherent or not? How would you know it wasn't planned from the start?

Not at all (again...), they should just concentrate on Pentax name for the photography segment (as commercial label) if they do want better public recognition and marketing efficiency
Again, by dropping the Ricoh brand? You said: "to keep only with one brand, and this brand should be Pentax".
What company would drop their own brand, after acquiring another?

It costs administrative, furnitures and overheads.
But the heaviest cost is "aura" depletion.
I see you're making no effort to estimate/justify your "costly" claim. Maybe you don't know if it's indeed "costly" or not?
"Aura depletion" is irrelevant outside some small Pentax communities like this one.

In comparison, what kind of decisive/significant product innovations do we find with PRIC under the Pentax brand ?

=> the new HD coating , the new 645 DFA 90mm with internal shake reduction, the new sensor in Q-7, the new MX-1 are rather minor efforts to date, some of them initialised before Ricoh's take-over.
And desperately nothing significantly new has been achieved for the K-mount , representing the core Pentax business (removing AA filter in K-5II ? not significant ; DA 560mm : product studies launched before take-over)
The decision to complete and launch these projects - which Hoya postponed or cancelled - proves that Ricoh is serious about Pentax.
And if even the only stabilized DMF solution (with in-lens SR, something new for Pentax) is a minor effort for you...

By the way, the Galaxy NX is a failure as a photographic product.

07-06-2013, 03:25 AM   #272
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
When Santa didn't bring you a present you dreamt about, even Santa's elves are guilty of laziness, Santa's sleigh is an old bucket, and all friends of Santa are bozos.

Discussion and murmur here reminds me of kindergarten, kids discussing presents well before the Christmas. Not a single kid knows what will be under the tree, and they are already judgmental about possible conspiracies in the high heavens above, which don't accelerate the space-time continuum and move planets faster to make Christmas coming the next day.

Perhaps the sanest comment I heard recently in Pentax community isn't about gear, but about finance. If nothing else, Pentax has given you well enough time to save money to spend on new toys when they arrive. Save, buy with cash in hands, buy immediately when it comes, and be debt free by not repaying credit card interest rates.
+10. The Internet generation grows impatient. Or perhaps bored. And, in its boredom,, needs something to complain or stress about.
07-06-2013, 03:47 AM   #273
Forum Member

Have a wonderful day! :)

I wish you all a wonderful day!
07-06-2013, 03:54 AM - 1 Like   #274
Pentaxian

Me to, and most of all, good pictures !

07-06-2013, 04:00 AM   #275
Forum Member

Me to, and most of all, good pictures !
A good day, good pictures, and good, coming, Pentax cameras!
07-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #276
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Traditional Quote
A good day, good pictures, and good, coming, Pentax cameras!
At least, waiting for a new slogan [Pentax, a ricoh trade mark ?] ; tank you very much RICOH for this soon-to-be-valuable collector cap :

Last edited by Zygonyx; 07-06-2013 at 01:35 PM.
07-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #277
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Before the end off 2014 there will be Ricoh on our dslr's I think.

07-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #278
jac
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
No problem. Now when people ask "What's Ricoh like?", I can respond "It's just like a Pentax" and watch their eyes glaze over. :-)

Last edited by jac; 07-06-2013 at 01:33 PM.
07-06-2013, 01:36 PM   #279
Pentaxian

For sure, if they ought to do this... they will have organised :
- the biggest corporate and marketing cheat ever... read the 2 Ricoh's communiqués (even Sony was straightforward and clear in its "precedent")
- probably an other - commercial this time - earthquake

After all, i don't really care - egoistically - if such an evolution arises, but the worst case could be consequently to drop the K mount.
In this last situation, i would NEVER EVER again buy Ricoh's products.
I would keep my old Pentax Gear, having enough to satisfy my pleasure for a few decades ; or skip to Fuji or Olympus.

Last edited by Zygonyx; 07-06-2013 at 01:52 PM.
07-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #280
Banned

For sure, if they ought to do this... they will have organised :
- the biggest corporate and marketing cheat ever... read the 2 Ricoh's communiqués (even Sony was straightforward and clear in its "precedent")
- probably an other - commercial this time - earthquake

After all, i don't really care - egoistically - if such an evolution arises, but the worst case could be consequently to drop the K mount.
In this last situation, i would NEVER EVER again buy Ricoh's products.
I would keep my old Pentax Gear, having enough to satisfy my pleasure for a few decades ; or skip to Fuji or Olympus.
Well K-mount is the productline in dslr, so there is the value.
07-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #281
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Of course there will be. Right on the bottom where it now says Pentax Ricoh Imaging Co. Ltd.
07-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #282
Veteran Member

19 pages? Let me know when this actually affects the Pentax brand.

...well, aside from getting rid of the unfortunate acronym "PRIC"
07-06-2013, 02:55 PM   #283
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Of course there will be. Right on the bottom where it now says Pentax Ricoh Imaging Co. Ltd.
But it already is. Pentax Ricoh Imaging Co. Ltd. So, the big change is that "Pentax" will only be written in 2 places instead of 3.
07-06-2013, 02:56 PM   #284
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
19 pages? Yes.

Why? Due to a poor communication strategy.
07-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #285
Pentaxian

I'd say, poor comprehension skills or even unwillingness to understand what's clearly written.

L.E. To be clear - I'm talking about people unwilling to read "Both PENTAX and RICOH products will remain in the market to reinforce the company’s commitment to the business.". You, obviously, are not one of them.
My apologies for the misunderstanding.

Last edited by Kunzite; 07-07-2013 at 12:45 AM.