Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 95 Likes Search this Thread
08-05-2013, 11:32 AM   #451
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Traditional Quote
I don't care about the name on the camera. I just want good image quality, some nice features like Wi-Fi, and weater sealed houses and lenses. I couldn't care less if the camera house has "Pentax", or "Ricoh", in the front. This camera thing is not religion, at least not for me. I know what religion is, since I'm a church going Christian.
and you have never noticed how the "brand" of Christian matters?

08-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #452
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Well I hope most non religious people (or agnostics/atheists, whatever) guys know the difference between a religion and camera brand.
Somehow I'm not so sure...

In fact I think many people make a religion of about anything.
So do I, and I feel sorry for them. It's the same thing with sport, soccer or any other sport, the fans just doesn't have any emotional distance. Well, to return to the Ricoh/Pentax issue, I can say that I hope that this brand survives just för the weather sealed products. Any other feature that Ricoh/Pentax offer, you should be able to find in other brands. So, for me, the making of a really robust camera and lenses, is far more important than the company name printed on the products.
08-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #453
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
I can only speak for myself, and for me, the content of the Christian faith is what matters.
08-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #454
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by KungPOW Quote
Hah hah hah. Yeah, the people on both sides of the primacy argument dislike my brand and an entire nation was formed, and a war fought to prove the state didn't have to submit to the Brand Owner.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-06-2013 at 05:56 AM.
08-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #455
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Things are starting to drift here...it would almost be a shame if this thread were locked.
08-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #456
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Is there any way I could encourage that?
08-05-2013, 10:12 PM - 2 Likes   #457
Pentaxian

This thread SHOULD be locked.

Its just a talk shop of false claims, theories and fears (maybe even some deluded hatred )
The claim to this thread is already proven false with an official statement.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/233394-pentax-there-st...reassures.html

08-07-2013, 02:43 PM   #458
Inactive Account

idk if anyone already mentioned this, but the name "Pentax" was a contraction of Penta-prism and Con-tax, on which the Pen-tax was based and featured the then new Pentaprism viewfinder.
Perhaps the move-on the name is a sign that Ricoh is moving on past the Pentaprism, in this bold new age of digital imaging.. ?
08-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #459
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by digital029art Quote
idk if anyone already mentioned this, but the name "Pentax" was a contraction of Penta-prism and Con-tax, on which the Pen-tax was based and featured the then new Pentaprism viewfinder.
Perhaps the move-on the name is a sign that Ricoh is moving on past the Pentaprism, in this bold new age of digital imaging.. ?
It's been mentioned many times (in this thread i believe) that the Pentax trademark was originally owned by Zeiss Ikon. That trademark was annulled at the end of WWII and Asahi registered it in 1957.
08-10-2013, 03:28 AM   #460
Banned

I was at one off the bigger internetstores (one large display shop) and they had on thursday a visist from Ricoh. Overhere Ricoh/Pentax is restructuring and the former distributer is out. Now this is going to be picked up by Ricoh self. So things are happening!

He said that he heard that Ricoh is going to be the name on the camera in the future!
08-10-2013, 03:33 AM   #461
Pentaxian

Yeah, you can fully trust what a salesman would say
08-10-2013, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #462
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Yeah, you can fully trust what a salesman would say
I know, but to be honest, that would be my decision to if I would run Ricoh
08-10-2013, 05:35 AM   #463
Pentaxian

Ricoh decided otherwise, though.
08-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #464
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I was at one off the bigger internetstores (one large display shop) and they had on thursday a visist from Ricoh. Overhere Ricoh/Pentax is restructuring and the former distributer is out. Now this is going to be picked up by Ricoh self. So things are happening!

He said that he heard that Ricoh is going to be the name on the camera in the future!
Well that sort of confirms some rumors we've heard (drunk guy in China saying there would be tears in Pentaxland in the fall) and would be consistent with dropping Pentax entirely from the corporate name. I notice the US URL is now us.ricoh-imaging.com

At the same time it contradicts public statements made by Ricoh July 2nd and confirmed in a statement by Jim Malcolm to Imaging Resource (Pentax would stay on the dSLR's but Ricoh would get new technology and compacts) and fails to explain the recent run-up in prices of the better, rarer lenses.

The question is whether that means sell mountains of lenses now before it is too late (it probably already is) or buy mountains of lenses after the September 5th Press Conference when everyone else is selling them.

I assume any Pentax camera is now worthless on the secondary market.

So place your bets gentlemen and ladies. here's mine:

Any FF camera coming out of Ricoh will be badged Ricoh The jury is out on whether it will be K-mount..

Last edited by monochrome; 08-10-2013 at 09:48 AM.
08-10-2013, 09:42 AM   #465
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Well that sort of confirms some rumors we've heard (drunk guy troll in China
Fixed it for ya.