Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 95 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #511
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Gosh, love that smoke from his mouth ..!

08-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #512
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Gosh, love that smoke from his mouth ..!
UV won't clear up the yellowing on that lens...
08-26-2013, 06:20 PM   #513
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
UV won't clear up the yellowing on that lens...
The tag line in the lower right is actually pretty sad. How far they have fallen.
09-12-2013, 04:55 AM   #514
Veteran Member

The Amateur Photography magazine, which I bought today, has a competition entitled "Win! Pentax Ricoh GR" (my emboldening) in large letters. The text then refers to the "Pentax Ricoh GR" and "Ricoh GR" in about equal measure after that. I'm not sure what the significance of this is (if any), but it sure pleased me!

09-12-2013, 05:15 AM   #515

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
The Amateur Photography magazine, which I bought today, has a competition entitled "Win! Pentax Ricoh GR" (my emboldening) in large letters. The text then refers to the "Pentax Ricoh GR" and "Ricoh GR" in about equal measure after that. I'm not sure what the significance of this is (if any), but it sure pleased me!
Who knows, with Ricoh not really having a very recognizable name in consumer photography, they might be using Pentax name to garner more recognition.
09-12-2013, 05:34 AM   #516
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The GR was released by Pentax Ricoh, and at least the first batches was manufactured by Pentax Ricoh. So it's not all that strange that they refer to both "Pentax Ricoh" and Ricoh.
Ricoh GR Officially Announced - Pentax News - PentaxForums.com
09-25-2013, 10:46 PM   #517
Veteran Member

I see Pentax Australia has updated their website to include Ricoh

www.pentax.com.au

09-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #518

Oh yes ?!
They are very late

Next move is to remove PENTAX and leave RICOH alone
09-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #519
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by p38arover Quote
I see Pentax Australia has updated their website to include Ricoh

www.pentax.com.au
I just noticed that today as well. K5ii has been shuffled well down the list of SLR's in the product section as well...

I also just noticed you list a 'Z-10' in your equipment list. I still have an old Z-20 body (my first camera), although it hasn't seen active service for quite a few years, the poor old thing.
10-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #520

It is not only Pentax dying!

With such unreliability that Ricoh has showed and with news I have got recently containing Ricoh get ridding of Pentax engineers and the knowledge that Ricoh by itself is not something in the photography world, I am afraid the next news would be: "Ricoh stops dslr line of production"!
10-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #521
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mojtala Quote
With such unreliability that Ricoh has showed and with news I have got recently containing Ricoh get ridding of Pentax engineers and the knowledge that Ricoh by itself is not something in the photography world, I am afraid the next news would be: "Ricoh stops dslr line of production"!
Well, there's a new sort of rumour, or is it just the competition trying to undermine confidence? A new Pentax DSLR appears that receives almost universal critical acclaim, and someone, somewhere starts a rumour that Ricoh is sacking Pentax engineering staff. The source of your news might be instructive.
10-28-2013, 12:26 AM   #522
Pentaxian

What's this? A desperate FUD attempt? I'll give you the benefit of doubt and assume you're only a messenger... then: stop believing everything you're told, even more so if the source tries to sell you another brand of camera.

"In the other segment, we will continue to pour resources into Digital SLRs, Mirrorless cameras and Ricoh’s conventional high-end compact cameras to make this into a solid business. We are seeing an increase in share and expect healthy growth."
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/239626-ricoh-imagin...profit-fy.html
10-28-2013, 10:04 AM - 2 Likes   #523
Site Supporter

A member since 2008 and 16 posts is interesting in itself given you cite no credible references. That in the light of your last post being nearly a year ago and also a negative comment as well.

This alone means Pentax does not have any plan for FF! FF wishers, do not waste your time her.
10-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #524
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
A member since 2008 and 16 posts is interesting in itself given you cite no credible references. That in the light of your last post being nearly a year ago and also a negative comment as well.
Second time in three days I have seen a Mod respond to a post in this fashion (a good response). One of them spawned an entire thread of responses.

Did someone somewhere open a whole slew of UserID's and keep a list of the ID's and Passwords solely for the purpose of making this sort of post every time something good happens?
10-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #525
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Second time in three days I have seen a Mod respond to a post in this fashion (a good response). One of them spawned an entire thread of responses.

Did someone somewhere open a whole slew of UserID's and keep a list of the ID's and Passwords solely for the purpose of making this sort of post every time something good happens?
Every once in a while we run into a duplicate account the people have had. That is against PF rules though and the newer ID gets done away with.