Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-03-2013, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #196
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reivax Quote
I think he should be more careful about the way he has fun. It's probably just the way he wrote his comments. He's a moderator. He helps to set and control the tone of a thread and forum. He is completely entitled to his ideas and opinions, but he needs to be a little more considerate of the fact that there are a lot of people that are posting these very serious (if only to them) concerns. If I posted on these forums and a bunch of people started to imply that I'm an idiot for having these concerns and then a moderator shows up and posts a link for tin foil hats, I'd have a really bad impression of this site.

I'm sure Parallax is a great guy and I've probably read and agreed with many of his posts, but I just think he needs to be more careful about how he posts his opinions. There's a way to jest, and there's a way to be a jerk. I think a lot of people on this thread are being really rude. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's just what I think.

You're pretty much calling me uptight, but you wrote it in a way that I can't possibly be offended. It made me laugh. A lot of these other comments just sound snobbish.
I just finished reading some of his comments on other threads and he does seem like a pretty cool person and I do seem to agree with a lot of what he says. The conflict does seem to stem from the overall tone the thread already had. I guess that taken out of context, Parallax's comments weren't really bad at all, but on top of the rest of the mob, they can definitely be seen as worse than they really are. Either way, I apologize for making this about Parallax, but I still think a lot of the other comments are unnecessary. Sorry Parallax.

07-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #197
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
Actually we buy a product from them and in return for our money they are supposed to supply the product and service. What they wish to do in corporate headquaters is not included in the price we paid for our camera or lens. As they have just released two new DSLRs with the Pentax name and no doubt the name change was not just thought up on the weekend why is there any mention of the need for trust. Pentax was sold as Pentax now under four corporate names plus sold as Pentax under importer's company name as in Honeywell Pentax. The brand Pentax has remained a constant ever since it was introduced replacing the Ashaiflexs.
Poor Pentax, she's starting to look like a whore being handed around to the lowest bidder.
07-03-2013, 05:42 PM   #198
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some background, which I hope takes some sting out.

FWIW the Mods are volunteers and in most cases very long term members. contributors and PF enthusiasts themselves. Those of us who have been members for a few years know member and Moderator "personalities," and can interpret their comments in that context - so we often don't respond to their tone in the same way other members do. Perhaps we should take more care - and then perhaps we should all just accept this is just the internet, not the UN.

Moderators do things behind the scenes we never see and keep the peace here in ways we'll never know (unless we do, in which case we shouldn't have done ). We should always be thankful for their generous service.

I wouldn't be a Moderator. I don't have the patience for it, nor the personality. I've been corrected before, and poked in comments by Mods. So far I've taken that in good humor because they've always been gentle - and right.
07-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Poor Pentax, she's starting to look like a whore being handed around to the lowest bidder.
I prefer to think of her as a grand lady, pressured into a bad marriage with a cad who ran off with her endoscopic business, and ending up with a wealthy gentleman who says he respects her good name and wants it to continue (well, that's what he says, at least).

07-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #200
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
The new Miss Pentax
07-03-2013, 06:17 PM   #201
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Either way, I apologize for making this about Parallax, but I still think a lot of the other comments are unnecessary. Sorry Parallax.
Fuggetaboutit. You expressed an opinion. There's never a need to appologize for that, as long as it was an honest opinion and within the forum rules and the bounds of civility.
07-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #202
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Regarding no major improvements in three years - there's another thread with a pretty good analysis of Pentax's new model timeline, that strongly suggests a fifteen-month production cycle, with the 2011 earthquake basically resetting everything across the board. Also, this can be debated, but my impression has been that incremental improvements have generally been the norm for Pentax, rather than the exception.

07-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #203
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I think a lot of people on this thread are being really rude.
I think that every time a discussion begins about the future of Pentax and whether or not a full frame camera will ever be released it always degrades into a bickerfest, and many are tired of it. I know I am and I haven't really been a member here all that long.

Life is far too short.

Live it and enjoy it!

And have a beer on me:

You're pretty much calling me uptight, but you wrote it in a way that I can't possibly be offended. It made me laugh. A lot of these other comments just sound snobbish.
Well, it was my intent to add some levity, and bring a smile. It appears that I was successful.

Cheers!
Racer

Now, if you'll excuse me, the weather is nice, so I'm going out for a ride.

07-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #204
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Fuggetaboutit. You expressed an opinion. There's never a need to appologize for that, as long as it was an honest opinion and within the forum rules and the bounds of civility.
Way to smooth things over Donutboy! Here:

07-03-2013, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #205

no matter how much we debate over here about the potential demise of Pentax, the facts remain:

1. there certainly is a risk of its decline
2. but a higher chance it will remain as a DSLR product line

no matter our differences, a truth remains: we love our pentax, it would be sorry to see it go
07-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #206
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Best garage fridge I've seen in a while. I finally had to put a lock on mine to keep the neighborhood teens out.

P.S. What's that casserole dish doing in there? Are you fermenting barley and hops or something?
07-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #207
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Way to smooth things over Donutboy! Here:
I'll drink to that!
07-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #208
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Best garage fridge I've seen in a while. I finally had to put a lock on mine to keep the neighborhood teens out.

P.S. What's that casserole dish doing in there? Are you fermenting barley and hops or something?
What gave you the idea it was a Garage Fridge?
07-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I think that every time a discussion begins about the future of Pentax and whether or not a full frame camera will ever be released it always degrades into a bickerfest, and many are tired of it. I know I am and I haven't really been a member here all that long.

Life is far too short.

Live it and enjoy it!

And have a beer on me:

Well, it was my intent to add some levity, and bring a smile. It appears that I was successful.

Cheers!
Racer

Now, if you'll excuse me, the weather is nice, so I'm going out for a ride.
I can't believe that biker had the audacity to wear a helmet!
07-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #210
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Best garage fridge I've seen in a while.
Garage Fridge? Surely you are mistaken!

What gave you the idea it was a Garage Fridge?
See? This man knows a house fridge when he sees one!

That's where I keep the lemons and limes for the beer that gets fruit in it.

I can't believe that biker had the audacity to wear a helmet!
State law.