Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 56 Likes Search this Thread
07-14-2013, 03:51 AM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Wow

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I think that this car will be nice to fit with the new K-01
Let's add another color to this new K-01 a little bit of brown. I like the color scheme and looks of that car. But no to carbon emission for me. I'd paint my bike with that color scheme.

07-14-2013, 05:58 AM   #212
Pentaxian

The K-01 comes not only with a kit lens, but also with a matching kit car. :-)
07-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #213
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why yes, a Bugatti Veyron or two would make nice companions for the K-01...
07-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #214
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"Real" drivers only drive black cars. With four doors. That pretty much look alike, no matter who made them.

07-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #215
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
"Real" drivers only drive black cars. With four doors. That pretty much look alike, no matter who made them.
Yep.

But oh, what an optical viewfinder they have!!
07-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #216
Veteran Member

This appears to have just been posted on Pentax.JP

There is NO information on the English version of the Pentax.JP site about this camera, it only appears on the Japanese language version of the site.
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www.pentax.jp/jap...en-US:official
07-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #217
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
This appears to have just been posted on Pentax.JP

There is NO information on the English version of the Pentax.JP site about this camera, it only appears on the Japanese language version of the site.
Google Translate
That does look great!

07-15-2013, 03:10 PM - 1 Like   #218
Pentaxian

Bugatti should be designing new cars instead of painting their current line-up to look like toys! If they spend all their time just thinking about new color schemes, then they are doomed! A car is an engineered tool that is meant to take you from point A to point B in the most efficient manner possible. Who could possibly care to have such a colored car? The people at work would laugh at me if I showed up in the parking lot with something so outlandish! Bugatti, please make new cars with new features, especially full size ones with very large sensors, ah, I mean engines! (Hum, yeah, that was sarcastic... )

Last edited by Doundounba; 07-15-2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: typo
07-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #219
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
Bugatti should be designing new cars instead of painting their current line-up to look like toys! If they spend all their time just thinking about new color schemes, then they are doomed! A car is an engineered tool that is meant to take you from point A to point B in the most efficient manner possible. Who could possibly care to have such a colored car? The people at work would laugh at me if I showed up in the parking lot with something so outlandish! Bugatti, please make new cars with new features, especially full size ones with very large sensors, ah, I mean engines! (Hum, yeah, that was sarcastic... )
Well, Bugatti does make the 645D look dirt cheap......
07-15-2013, 03:51 PM - 1 Like   #220
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Doundounba Quote
The Veyron has an 8.0 liter, 16-cylinder ~1,000 hp sensor, engine, but because there are only two doors and two seats, it's "cropped" and you can't take advantage of its capabilities. You really need a car with four doors and a back seat to carry the maximum amount of groceries, especially if shopping for megapickles.

07-15-2013, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #221
Veteran Member

The Veyron has an 8.0 liter, 16-cylinder ~1,000 hp sensor, engine, but because there are only two doors and two seats, it's "cropped" and you can't take advantage of its capabilities. You really need a car with four doors and a back seat to carry the maximum amount of groceries, especially if shopping for megapickles.

Oh, come off it now, two seats is fine, you can easily fit two people on each seat, so the Veyron 2-seater is easily competitive to a car with a back seat.

Those clamoring for cars with back seat are really just off the rocker (pun intended).
07-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #222
Pentaxian

Especially down in Mt. Olive, NC at the intersection of Cucumber and Vine.

07-15-2013, 05:51 PM - 2 Likes   #223
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Oh, come off it now, two seats is fine, you can easily fit two people on each seat, so the Veyron 2-seater is easily competitive to a car with a back seat.

Those clamoring for cars with back seat are really just off the rocker (pun intended).

You have to have a back seat to achieve shallow leg-room and proper subject isolation!

I'll admit that if you can get past the funny looks and inherent limitations (and high price tag), the Veyron does what it was designed to do quite well. It's just not for everyone. Still, even with special editions, Bugatti has sold less than 400 units in nine years - what a disaster! They need to mark it down to $299 and forget it ever happened.
07-15-2013, 07:28 PM   #224
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Personally I think the K-01 colour scheme is awesome. Fresh, bright, catchy, innovative.

I actually like the Newsom design a lot. I don't think Pentax engineering mapped out the complete package for the K-01 in the market.
07-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #225
Veteran Member

Great promo shot.. they'll sell 'millions'