Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-16-2013, 12:00 AM - 2 Likes   #226
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
You have to have a back seat to achieve shallow leg-room and proper subject isolation!
We have been over this so many times already, everybody knowns that shallow leg-room and proper subject isolation is solely a property of the seat-pitch, not whether it's a full-frame car or not.

QuoteQuote:
I'll admit that if you can get past the funny looks and inherent limitations (and high price tag), the Veyron does what it was designed to do quite well. It's just not for everyone. Still, even with special editions, Bugatti has sold less than 400 units in nine years - what a disaster! They need to mark it down to $299 and forget it ever happened.
I quite like the looks of the Veyron, and the comfort can't be doubted. Those who keep badmouthing it have clearly never sat in nor driven one, ever. At $299 it's a bargain, and I'd really want to see where they can take a Veyron-02 in the future - as long, of course, as the Veyron-02 maintains the same tyre-mount, as I have plenty of old tyres to take for a spin.....

07-16-2013, 12:21 AM - 1 Like   #227
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
We have been over this so many times already, everybody knowns that shallow leg-room and proper subject isolation is solely a property of the seat-pitch, not whether it's a full-frame car or not.
I don't get it. I thought shallow leg room was what you got with this sort of car. Have I bought the wrong car? No wonder I keep crashing all the time, trying to get that leg room shallow enough.

QuoteQuote:
At $299 it's a bargain, and I'd really want to see where they can take a Veyron-02 in the future - as long, of course, as the Veyron-02 maintains the same tyre-mount, as I have plenty of old tyres to take for a spin.....
Hm, I have some tyres from an old CitroŽn lying around. I wonder if they can fit.
07-16-2013, 07:46 AM   #228
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I particularly enjoy seeing some suburb dweller who can afford it driving a Veyron to the soccer game with the shifter in Green all the time.
07-16-2013, 07:53 AM - 2 Likes   #229
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We have been over this so many times already, everybody knows that shallow leg-room and proper subject isolation is solely a property of the seat-pitch, not whether it's a full-frame car or not.
Oh sure, for certain values of "everybody". Or are you confusing seat-pitch and seat-back angle?

I quite like the looks of the Veyron, and the comfort can't be doubted. Those who keep badmouthing it have clearly never sat in nor driven one, ever. At $299 it's a bargain, and I'd really want to see where they can take a Veyron-02 in the future - as long, of course, as the Veyron-02 maintains the same tyre-mount, as I have plenty of old tyres to take for a spin.....
I don't need to drive one to see it doesn't have a back seat. The Veyron is too large and overpriced for a two seater, and no back seat is a deal breaker for my driving style - I need to isolate subjects in the back seat (And how! ). If Bugatti makes a Veyron-02, it needs to be what the Veyron should have been in the first place - a four-door full-frame sport sedan.

QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
Hm, I have some tyres from an old CitroŽn lying around. I wonder if they can fit.
Yes, but you have to use adapter rims. Avoid the cheap Chinese aluminum ones.

07-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #230
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I particularly enjoy seeing some suburb dweller who can afford it driving a Veyron to the soccer game with the shifter in Green all the time.
With kit-tyres, no doubt?
07-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #231
Pentaxian

Another reason to pass up the Veyron for a FF model--despite an impressively high frame rate of 250mph, the current model is artificially hobbled to only 12 minutes at that speed before running out of juice. Hard to call it even a prosumer model with those kinds of numbers. 2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - Specifications, Pictures, Prices
07-16-2013, 04:16 PM   #232
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Since we all became fan off the Bugatti:

08-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #233
Inactive Account

08-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #234
Veteran Member

Mr. Kawauchi now asserts that the K-01 line was never discontinued and the Blue & White model was always planned. Sorry, don't rewrite history. Fine, the K-01 has been resurrected but you did list it as discontinued in the past.

http://qicai.fengniao.com/388/3884821.html
08-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #235
Pentaxian

Maybe only the black/silver/yellow versions were discontinued, or they did the planned numbers?
08-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #236
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Or someone who was not allowed to write history did it by accident :O
08-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #237
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Maybe only the black/silver/yellow versions were discontinued, or they did the planned numbers?

It is the most likely scenario: K-01 ó a pilot / test camera project, done in prescribed number of copies. They believed they will last them a few more months, but people grabbed them all before. After continuous demand, they have issued one colour combo, for the market that still wants them the most.