Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 56 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #106
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
So this is what they meant with "Not completely discontinued"?
Maybe some more lovely colors up their sleeves....

(Offcourse this has to be your thing)

07-04-2013, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #107
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by drypenn Quote
While this may or may not impact us (mostly fanatics), it is possible that we are probably not the critical mass that Pentax has in mind when they think customers. We are the vocal ones, but are we sure that we are the target customers?
No, you are also important customer but much harder to please.
For you, some badass serious development is needed, and there is so much seriousness about it that everybody at Pentax would drink vinegar, eat pretzels and not smile at all if there was no escapist projects like the Q or the K-01 colours.
07-04-2013, 02:21 PM - 1 Like   #108
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
I'm about delivering the results that my customers need though, not the results that I myself need. If they don't want me to shoot with the Micky-Mouse brand, then I won't. But, as soon as I have more customers then I have time, I'll do exactly as you say.
/
I think you are making this up. Seriously. You are taken back by a resurrected K-01, in new! colour, and subconsciously blame Pentax for wasting their time on that when they have many serious matters to address.
I take hundreds of photos among the most serious and male chauvinistic population — engineers, from production, maintenance and reliability to supervision and planning — all that with a Q camera and its tiny lenses. And every time I hear positive comments and sighs of wonder when I change the lens. Most of them never knew Pentax still makes cameras, yet to speak about any disdain about colourful cameras from Pentax. In the West, one must be a serious camera geek to connect the two.

Last edited by Uluru; 07-04-2013 at 02:27 PM.
07-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

A certain class of customer can be quite snobby about the equipment a contracted photographer uses. My daughter-in-law's mother absolutely insisted the wedding photographer had to shoot Nikon [EDIT: Now that I look back, it was Canon, but the prejudice is the same.] Portfolio samples were meaningless. Price was immaterial (well the cost of nothing mattered - it was all about the latest "Hot" trend in suburban weddings). I think high price was a feature, not a bug. 65 large for that shindig. OMG - and they have three daughters.

Last edited by monochrome; 07-04-2013 at 04:21 PM.
07-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #110
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My intuition tells me that this is just the last burp off the production line, but my hope is that it indicates more of a lasting interest in the K-01. If they can squeeze the body down closer to NEX height, it would hardly be any bulkier than my friend's NEX-7 with adapted lenses. Long live the K-01!
07-04-2013, 02:51 PM   #111
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
A certain class of customer can be quite snobby about the equipment a contracted photographer uses. My daughter-in-law's mother absolutely insisted the wedding photographer had to shoot Nikon. Portfolio samples were meaningless. Price was immaterial (well the cost of noting mattered - it was all about the latest "Hot" trend in suburban weddings). I think high price was a feature, not a bug. 65 large for that shindig. OMG - and they have three daughters.
I would rather have Pennie Smith running around with a Spotmatic than many amateurish photographers with expensive cameras at "my wedding".
07-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #112
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
My intuition tells me that this is just the last burp off the production line, but my hope is that it indicates more of a lasting interest in the K-01. If they can squeeze the body down closer to NEX height, it would hardly be any bulkier than my friend's NEX-7 with adapted lenses. Long live the K-01!
They would need a new mount to make it small like the NEX E mount since my NEX-3N is not much larger than my Q .

07-04-2013, 03:07 PM - 1 Like   #113
Veteran Member

absolutely insisted the wedding photographer had to shoot Nikon
Time to apply some of that black tape we hear about many photogs using on their cameras.
07-04-2013, 03:19 PM - 1 Like   #114
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
I certainly don't expect Mercedes Benz to offer a chartreuse and fuchsia automobile.
Apparently, your sentiment is not universal.

Different strokes for different folks...
07-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scratchpaddy Quote
Apparently, your sentiment is not universal.

Different strokes for different folks...
Am I crazy thinking that it looks quite nice?
07-04-2013, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #116
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Am I crazy thinking that it looks quite nice?
No, you're not crazy...but until Mercedes-Benz comes out with a full-frame car, they're doomed....
07-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #117
Banned

A certain class of customer can be quite snobby about the equipment a contracted photographer uses. My daughter-in-law's mother absolutely insisted the wedding photographer had to shoot Nikon. Portfolio samples were meaningless. Price was immaterial (well the cost of noting mattered - it was all about the latest "Hot" trend in suburban weddings). I think high price was a feature, not a bug. 65 large for that shindig. OMG - and they have three daughters.
|
|
One takes photos of the wedding with Nikon.
One takes photos during the marriage with colourful Pentaxes to keep the family happy and mother in law at a safe distance.

07-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
|
|
One takes photos of the wedding with Nikon.
One takes photos during the marriage with colourful Pentaxes to keep the family happy and mother in law at a safe distance.

....one looses Pentaxes in the divorce settlement?
07-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
No, you're not crazy...but until Mercedes-Benz comes out with a full-frame car, they're doomed....

Full frame cars are obsolete. If you want full frame you should buy a medium or large format Mercedes truck, even if you commute to work in heavy traffic. Forget fuel economy, think of the extra power and how much more weight you can tow!

I do like the blue/white combination, but I already have a black and white K-01.
07-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #120
Inactive Account

A little off Topic but today at the hostel a Swedish backpacker loved the look of my 'dull' black K-01 sporting a FA31. She had just recently bought a Nikon twin lens kit and remarked "Wow what a flash camera? (I didn't feel the need to tell her it cost less than her Nikon, she was a pretty Swedish backpacker after all! )