Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-04-2013, 03:52 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by doghunter Quote
K-01 is discontinued for domestic market - said in press-release, but this version will be launched under demands of users.
LOL! Of all the demands from users to pick from, they chose this one. Now I'm absolutely sure they have never ever visited Pentaxforums.

07-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #32
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-01 will become a new K1000 — still in demand by users even after 25 years since the official production cease ..
07-04-2013, 04:02 AM   #33
Banned

In regards what Pentax sells in Japan, we have no real clue.
I was enjoying looking at all the Pentax 67 lenses still sold through the Pentax web store in Japan, and other stuff I thought it was discontinued looong ago. But they are still making it.
And while we in the West try really hard to get our hands on the Pentax Q 01 prime lens in basic silver, anywhere, they have it available in Japan right now, in all Q7 colours (and perhaps in a few more)!

We are a total outback!

07-04-2013, 04:54 AM   #34
Forum Member

A new mirror less Pentax with electronic view finder and more...

Despite the fact that the K-01 the market did not respond well to the idea of a DSLR-sized mirror less camera, I believe that this attitude from the camera consumers in general might change, and change rather fast in the coming years. Hence, I wonder if Pentax shouldn't start thinking of a really good, new, version of this very interesting concept? That is, a camera with lighter weight than those with a mirror, but with (almost) as good image quality, and with features like Wi-Fi, electronic view finder, a lot of available colors, and not at least weather sealed. That could very well be a camera that more than one consumer responded well to.

07-04-2013, 05:02 AM   #35
Pentaxian

So, we have a camera which was already developed (no, coloring some pieces of rubber blue is not the same as developing a FF camera). We have customer demand, and this implies Pentax would make a profit (maybe small, but still profit). And we're angry about it?
07-04-2013, 05:12 AM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NicholasJong Quote
Actually i think 2 K01's can be a good choice.
Pair one K01 with a DA21 ltd, and the other with a DA70 ltd. You have a very compact, lightweight, versatile yet inexpensive set for going out there and literally shooting anything!

Plus you can catch many eyes, and this beautiful new K01 can be a very interesting accessory in people shots
You've fallen into the Ricoh GXR way of thinking. Every lens needs its own sensor!
07-04-2013, 05:12 AM   #37
HYS
Veteran Member

Ricoh is good in painting!

07-04-2013, 05:13 AM - 3 Likes   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Dammit.....I have a business trip to Japan scheduled in the next months, I'll be sorely temped, for I do find that body extremely cool. Someone /please/ convince me that nobody in his right mind would want more than 1 K-01....
I thought it was agreed long ago that I'm not in my right mind...

07-04-2013, 05:17 AM   #39
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
I thought it was agreed long ago that I'm not in my right mind...
Ha! You are obviously at the heart of Pentax's target market.... the sucker who has to have every color.
07-04-2013, 05:21 AM   #40
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
So, we have a camera which was already developed (no, coloring some pieces of rubber blue is not the same as developing a FF camera). We have customer demand, and this implies Pentax would make a profit (maybe small, but still profit). And we're angry about it?
Not angry, but most are too confused.
Now they finally understand absolutely nothing — they are caught with their pants down ...
07-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #41
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Traditional Quote
Despite the fact that the K-01 the market did not respond well to the idea of a DSLR-sized mirror less camera, I believe that this attitude from the camera consumers in general might change, and change rather fast in the coming years. Hence, I wonder if Pentax shouldn't start thinking of a really good, new, version of this very interesting concept? That is, a camera with lighter weight than those with a mirror, but with (almost) as good image quality, and with features like Wi-Fi, electronic view finder, a lot of available colors, and not at least weather sealed. That could very well be a camera that more than one consumer responded well to.
I thought they just responded badly to the Marmite (love/hate) styling.
The Fuji X100 is pretty much the same size and was a runaway success.
I'd love a k-mount camera like this if it looked like a rangefinder or an MX and wasn't designed by Mark Newsom.
Personally I think the poor controversial design confused the issue massively.
07-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Traditional Quote
Why should the IQ of such a cameras be intentionally limited? There's no reason the the IQ those devices to be better. Look here on PF, there have been lots and lots of reports of the images from the K-01 to be "sharper" then those of the K-5, despite both cameras having the same sensor and filters.
07-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #43
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Dammit.....I have a business trip to Japan scheduled in the next months, I'll be sorely temped, for I do find that body extremely cool. Someone /please/ convince me that nobody in his right mind would want more than 1 K-01....

I got two! and please tell me I don't need this one. I'm crazy over the K-01's performance with manual lenses.
07-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #44
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by drypenn Quote
Ok, let me help you.

It's actually downright silly to buy a beautiful, probably unique outside of Japan, blue and white K-01, knowing that this wonderful camera has been declared dead. Besides, you already have a common K-01 in your hand (think Canikon!), and if you're Pentax user, I know that you don't put up enough value in being a proud owner of a special, unorthodox, yet wonderful lightboxes, indeed a blue unicorn!... Oh wait!
Oh, curses, why did you have to go say exactly /that/ ?

It's like asking your regular liquer-store for the number of the Betty Ford Clinic....
07-04-2013, 05:44 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wed7 Quote
Genius!
So, the K-01 comes in "Bumblebee" (yellow), "Stormtrooper" (white), "Smurf" (Blue).....

...am I alone in thinking that the Black and Silver releases were mistakes, they do not fit the theme?