Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 56 Likes Search this Thread
07-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #121
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
....one looses Pentaxes in the divorce settlement?

Erm I had to split up my Pentax gear recently after I seperated, "Nobody Ever Considers The Children !!! "

07-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #122
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
Erm I had to split up my Pentax gear recently after I seperated, "Nobody Ever Considers The Children !!! "
My condolences. Any alimony payments also, to,cover the costs of ongoing CLAs?
07-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #123

QuoteOriginally posted by anthony mazzeri Quote
Didn't Newson or someone else mention when it was first launched that there were more colours coming down the line? I even recall something along the lines that one of his original versions was blue (I assume this one), but they decided to go with just the yellow, black and white/silver three to start with.
If I recall correctly, Newson's original design was all-black. I can't remember if I saw a video interview, if I read it somewhere.. but I'm fairly certain it was black, and Pentax opted for Yellow.
07-04-2013, 09:25 PM   #124
Veteran Member

Crikey this K-01 beast started off ugly and now it descends to new depths of ugliness with a truly nauseous blue reminscnet of a tacky seaside fish n chip shop. No doubt I'll get flamed by those who absurdly believe taste is an objective attribute, but this sickly blue and white colour scheme almost makes the black version look tasteful

07-05-2013, 12:04 AM   #125
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
Crikey this K-01 beast started off ugly and now it descends to new depths of ugliness with a truly nauseous blue reminscnet of a tacky seaside fish n chip shop. No doubt I'll get flamed by those who absurdly believe taste is an objective attribute, but this sickly blue and white colour scheme almost makes the black version look tasteful
No you'll get flamed by people like who really don't give a damn but are tired to read such nonsense BS.
07-05-2013, 12:33 AM - 1 Like   #126
Veteran Member

"Nikon? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

"Sony? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

"Samsung? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

"Panasonic? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

"Oympus? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

07-05-2013, 12:38 AM - 1 Like   #127
Veteran Member

Can't resist, sorry, too much fun...

"Hasselblad? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

"Leica? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

Last edited by anthony mazzeri; 07-05-2013 at 12:49 AM.
07-05-2013, 12:41 AM - 1 Like   #128
Veteran Member

"Nikon? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

"Sony? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

"Samsung? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

"Panasonic? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

"Oympus? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"
Good collection of cameras from what - clearly - aren't serious camera manufacturers.

You're, however, forgetting one "happy coloured camera", which also clearly is just a child's toy and clearly isn't meant for serious photography:

07-05-2013, 12:53 AM - 1 Like   #129
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
You're, however, forgetting one "happy coloured camera", which also clearly is just a child's toy and clearly isn't meant for serious photography:

Way too embarrassing to use professionally. Swap it out for a black Rebel before the client sees you.
07-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #130
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Can't resist, sorry, too much fun...

"Hasselblad? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"

"Leica? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"
THANK GOD! Maybe this means people will finally take my photography seriously.
07-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by geomez Quote
THANK GOD! Maybe this means people will finally take my photography seriously.
Yes, but is yours a 'limited edition' like this Fujifilm?

Oops, almost forgot: "Fujifilm? But aren't they the ones with all the happy coloured cameras? You're kidding, right?"
07-05-2013, 01:03 AM   #132
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Smeggypants Quote
You realize that, to a certain degree, "taste" is acquired, right? Like fashion and pop music, once you are acclimatized due to repetitious exposure you end up accepting the very things you hated before - not always of course as there are limits, which you keep pointing out about this camera. We learn to see something new every day if we are fortunate and vigilant.

Taste is not an absolute but a closed mind definitely is.
07-05-2013, 01:16 AM   #133
Pentaxian

Bring it out in red, white and blue, and I'd have the perfect 17. may camera.

Edit: And I'm sure the french would love one for their 14. july celebrations.
07-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #134
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
Bring it out in red, white and blue, and I'd have the perfect 17. may camera.
If we reunite with the Swedes, we could probably agree on the K-r robot edition as the national camera :-)
07-05-2013, 03:41 AM   #135
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
If we reunite with the Swedes, we could probably agree on the K-r robot edition as the national camera :-)
Haha, true! I think many Swedes are up for it.