Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
07-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Rumors about a new Ricoh GXR camera surface online

This is reported in Photo Rumors. Does anyone have any inkling if there's any substance in it?

QuoteQuote:
Rumors coming from Asia suggest that Ricoh is working on a new GXR camera. Some of the GXR configurations were marked as discontinued few months ago. As of today (according to B&H), the body only GXR module is no longer available and the GXR + A16 24-85mm f/3.5-5.5 module is listed as discontinued. The only two available GXR camera+lens module kits (P10 and S10) are currently discounted to $350.

Rumors about a new Ricoh GXR camera surface online | Photo Rumors

07-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The rough translation about it being a "GXR successor" instead of the next GXR means it's likely a completely new camera altogether - so it could be anything. Whatever it is, knowing Ricoh it's sure to be something very different and interesting and also very good to actually use. Who could have predicted the GXR tself?
07-08-2013, 12:09 AM - 2 Likes   #3
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In how many colours?

Pentax and Ricoh, what else can we say?
Performing the act of Three Stooges. And it's funny only because there are just two of them.
07-08-2013, 12:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

...I'm going to grab some popcorn, and watch this thread develop...

07-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #5
Banned

I'm for a glass of red wine and popcorn too
07-08-2013, 02:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I do like the new higher frequency in PRIC product announcements and rumors though. This one might be interesting too.
07-08-2013, 02:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

A GXR with a K-mount module, even FF K-mount?

07-08-2013, 03:22 AM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
A GXR with a K-mount module, even FF K-mount?
Wow, it took a whole 7 posts for "FF" to appear. Guys we seem to be slacking a bit.

That would hurt, wouldn't it? If the first and only Digital Pentax-K FF camera wouldn't be a Pentax but a Ricoh?

Well, if it has a good EVF, I'll insta-buy it.
07-08-2013, 03:52 AM   #9
Banned

In the world over-saturated with ever cheaper APS-C mirrorless system cameras that become worthless before they even start shipping, only a GXR with an FF sensor makes sense. In K mount and M mount versions.
Then it has a chance to be noticed, stand out, shift perceptions, and be relevant in the future too.
07-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #10
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
In the world over-saturated with ever cheaper APS-C mirrorless system cameras that become worthless before they even start shipping, only a GXR with an FF sensor makes sense. In K mount and M mount versions.
Then it has a chance to be noticed, stand out, shift perceptions, and be relevant in the future too.
We can only hope that Ricoh has come to the same conclusion...
07-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
That would hurt, wouldn't it? If the first and only Digital Pentax-K FF camera wouldn't be a Pentax but a Ricoh?

Well, if it has a good EVF, I'll insta-buy it.
Couldn't care less, so long as I can slap a Pentax lens on it! In fact it would probably sell better / be taken more seriously badged as a Ricoh than a Pentax. Since Pentax ranks somewhat below 'Promaster' and 'Quantaray' in the minds of the camera buying public and camera reviewers, it seems, whereas the Ricoh GR has given the camera-nerd world an instant collective semi.
07-08-2013, 04:17 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Pentax and Canon versions have tended toward worthless. Don't think that's been the case with Fujifilm.
07-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #13
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Pentax and Canon versions have tended toward worthless. Don't think that's been the case with Fujifilm.
Because Pentax has spent a whole afternoon designing the K-01 concept. And half the afternoon the team played poker and watched Kurosawa's Rashomon.

Last edited by Uluru; 07-08-2013 at 04:37 AM.
07-08-2013, 04:26 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
Couldn't care less, so long as I can slap a Pentax lens on it!
You sure? What would it indicate if they market a GXR K-mountor, but no more real new K-mount lenses?
07-08-2013, 05:14 AM   #15
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by doghunter Quote
No any sense in GXR FF K-mount.
Of course. Silly me.
K-mount is FF crippled by Pentax and their inept marketing and sales reps.