Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
07-24-2013, 03:28 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
funny thing that K-50 perform actually worse than K-30. DxOMark - Pentax K-50 versus competition of course, the super small difference in high ISO will not be noticeable but it is just awkward.

Looks like manufacturers have changed their policy to "Why improve and make money, when you can actually worsen and still make money?"
I'm sure the difference is within the margin of error of their test, beyond which, if you took 10 K30s and tested them by DXO Mark's testing practices, probably none of them would measure exactly the same -- normal variation, you know.

07-24-2013, 04:06 AM   #17
Veteran Member

OMG What's happening to me? That pink and white K-50 looks gorgeous!!

(Speaks in manly voice) but I'd have a green and brown one, of course.
07-24-2013, 04:17 AM   #18
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I'm sure the difference is within the margin of error of their test, beyond which, if you took 10 K30s and tested them by DXO Mark's testing practices, probably none of them would measure exactly the same -- normal variation, you know.
OK, I agree that I was a little too drastic.

But c'mon, where is the improvements? Canon 700D at least got the 360° rotating shooting mode dial!

07-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

But c'mon, where is the improvements? Canon 700D at least got the 360° rotating shooting mode dial!
That's completely beyond the point of a test by DXO because, well it is tested by DXO.
Subjectively, well the question isn't stupid. But that's beside the point.

07-24-2013, 07:18 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess so. The big question about Canon is whether they can improve the performance of their sensors -- they have lagged considerably over time. DXO Mark is basically about testing sensor performance -- neither more nor less.

I think the K50 was not about improving the K30, but about developing a single body that they could use twice for K50 and K500 and still differentiate them. I doubt that most people with a K30 are going to seriously consider a K50.

Improvements are going to come in the fall with K5 II sequel, whatever that is.
07-24-2013, 07:24 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Didn't DxO have differences between the K-20D and K-7 even though they had the same sensor?
07-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
No, it should not be interpreted as a reading error. An only 9 points difference in the Sports Score (I'm sure you know what that metric means) is amazing consistency. There's always sample variation between any two cameras. It shows how repeatable DxOMark's testing methodology and measurement calibration methods are. Rather than causing concern, this result should promote confidence.

Dan.
Finally someone understands testing methodology and proper interpretation of controlled testing results.

07-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobayashi.K Quote
Some people just want to prove that the K-50/K500 is rubbish, no matter what, and they are inventing all sorts of reasons. It's the same pattern we have seen with the K-01.
I don't think anyone is saying the K-50 is rubbish...I think the angst comes from the fact that it is a K-30 with a different body and thus doesnt show any advancement.
07-24-2013, 09:05 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
A big deficiency of DxOMark's measuring system is that they don't calculate a fashion score, based on body colour options and general camera aesthetics. K-50 beats the K-5's and the K-30 in that department.
Fashion score.... lol ☆☆☆☆ :-)
07-24-2013, 11:20 AM - 1 Like   #25
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
OMG What's happening to me? That pink and white K-50 looks gorgeous!!

(Speaks in manly voice) but I'd have a green and brown one, of course.
Men don't call it pink.

It's salmon.

Like the sport fish.
07-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Didn't DxO have differences between the K-20D and K-7 even though they had the same sensor?
They had different readout systems.
07-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
I don't think anyone is saying the K-50 is rubbish...I think the angst comes from the fact that it is a K-30 with a different body and thus doesnt show any advancement.
Really? I thought everybody got it by now.

So why you (and a lot of others) still need to mention it every two posts ?
We know that. Can we get to something interesting to discuss ?
07-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #28
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Men don't call it pink.

It's salmon.

Like the sport fish.
Or lightish red!
07-24-2013, 11:33 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
This time the advancement is in the body, not in the electronics or the optical system.
It's even possible that Pentax is preparing a complete line of APS-C camera's that are based on this body, including a successor of the K5-II and/or a model above it. I would like to see the reactions when that happens!
07-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #30
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kobayashi.K Quote
This time the advancement is in the body, not in the electronics or the optical system.
It's even possible that Pentax is preparing a complete line of APS-C camera's that are based on this body, including a successor of the K5-II and/or a model above it. I would like to see the reactions when that happens!
It seems still that the measured shutter's decibels are lower than with K-30.