Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2013, 05:00 AM   #226
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, it says:
QuoteQuote:
Ricoh also produces award-winning digital cameras
It seems that Canon has its own tent at IFA every second year (as a complement to Photokina, organized by trias: Events )

This was e.g. Olympus, Nikon, Casio, etc. in 2007: IFA 2007 - Olympus, Nikon, Casio - NETZWELT

This was IFA 2011 (Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, Polaroid, Epson, Nikon, Canon, Fuji, ...): News zum Thema Fotografie
At the bottom of the page the announcements of the HZ 15 and the new Pentax flashes are indicated as "IFA" 2013 news.

Hoya (cokin, Tokina, Kenko, SLIK, tamrac, ...) is represented by HapaTeam (distributor; hall 7.2c, 101-13).

08-28-2013, 08:49 AM   #227
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by nixcamic Quote
I will never understand this obsession with removing video from SLRs. The option to take video doesn't make it any worse at taking pictures, and I personally like having the option available to me. I'm already carrying around a heavy SLR, why would I want to carry either a small video camera with a crappy lens/sensor or a large heavy video camera with a good lens/sensor, in addition to the perfectly functional camera I already have with me?

If y'all don't like it just don't move the dial to the picture of the little movie camera.
Not an obsession, just feel that a K5 for example could be made a lot better and have more features for picture taking if the video part was left out. I for one have never been able to take quality video with the K5, but with my Canon vixia which is very light can quickly capture good quality video. Extra item I know but less fiddly and more reliable than the K5.

Tim
08-28-2013, 08:59 AM   #228
Pentaxian

I feel that the weather could always be perfect, if my K-5IIs didn't had a movie mode.
08-28-2013, 02:13 PM   #229

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Hah, you may be surprised.

13th – 15th of September, the largest photo show in the southern hemisphere is organised in Melbourne. Latest cameras and photographic tidbits in Pentax and Ricoh brands will be presented as well. Judging by their enthusiasm, CR Kennedy guys are readying a big splash.
Exhibitor Brands | The Digital Show

I expect to lay down hands on the mythical new K-3, and maybe even new 645D — well before many of Pentax users elsewhere have a chance (apart form those who visit IFA show in Berlin, starting September 5th). Anyway, if anything's presented at IFA, I presume will be available for a preview in Melbourne as well.

I'll keep you posted.
Thats great news. I just hope the 645D isn't multi thousands of dollars which I guess it will be. Need to come out with a pro model or semi pro which is heads above current K-50 , maybe 26-30 mega pixels, for half the price of the 645D. One can only dream!

08-28-2013, 05:44 PM   #230
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lolenslooker Quote
Thats great news. I just hope the 645D isn't multi thousands of dollars which I guess it will be. Need to come out with a pro model or semi pro which is heads above current K-50 , maybe 26-30 mega pixels, for half the price of the 645D. One can only dream!
I don't know why, but I'm very excited about the 645D update. I hope the current 645D will stay, reduced in price, and be available too.
I suspect we can see something really interesting there; plus three new 645 lenses.
08-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #231
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
But there is IFA :

The Internationale Funkausstellung Berlin (IFA) is one of the world's largest consumer electronics trade fairs.
The next IFA will be held in Berlin from 6 September to 11 September in 2013.
RICOH will be present in Hall 2.2/110.
  • Ricoh HZ15
  • HD Pentax DA limiteds (15, 21, 35, 40 ,70) (s/b)
  • Pentax AF360/540 FGZ II
  • Pentax ?-?
There will be something for LIST.4 and LIST.5. Ricoh Imaging has a Press Conference scheduled for September 5. They surelky wouldn't tip all the surprised before the big event!!
08-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #232
Forum Member

ran into my regional rep today

... He was updating displays at a local camera shop. (there were no unfilled gaps so nothing new will be on display very soon)

I thot I'd press him on what might be coming up and he replied, "There's ALWAYS something coming up every autumn."

I proceeded to list off all the recent announcements as an obvious deduction, which doesn't leave much...

A new 645? I think it's due for an update. "..not likely yet."
Yes, we know MF has a long service life but it's about time for an update on that one, IMO. Was this just a way of dodging the topic?

Hmmm. How about a K5 update? Or maybe a K3?.. This elicited a little grin. And a change of topic.
Make of this what you will.
08-31-2013, 12:25 AM   #233
Pentaxian

When will Adam add a betting subforum here? I think that one could have made pretty good money betting against FF release or announcement for years.

Who's willing to take a bet? I say an upgraded APS-C DSLR by Pentax will be announced around Sept 5th 2013.

Last edited by Raffwal; 08-31-2013 at 02:02 AM.
08-31-2013, 01:57 AM   #234
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aglet Quote
... He was updating displays at a local camera shop. (there were no unfilled gaps so nothing new will be on display very soon)
Even with an announcement, it would take some time to get the products in the shops.
Don't worry, he will re-update them later
08-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #235
Pentaxian

They've already announced new versions of the limited lenses plus new updated flashes. Given this action already, i believe a new camera announcement is just around the corner, so to speak

I think it will be a new APS camera, however. They might put a 24mp sensor in it - not sure how i feel about that.
08-31-2013, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #236
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aglet Quote
Hmmm. How about a K5 update? Or maybe a K3?.. This elicited a little grin. And a change of topic.
Make of this what you will.
Well he just thought off the one time he cheated on his wife with that wonderfull 18 year old girl Katrien.

09-01-2013, 01:29 AM   #237
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Raffwal Quote
When will Adam add a betting subforum here? I think that one could have made pretty good money betting against FF release or announcement for years.

Who's willing to take a bet? I say an upgraded APS-C DSLR by Pentax will be announced around Sept 5th 2013.
Hmmm...no-one makes big money backing the odds-on favourite do they!

Notch me down for the outside chance: the long awaited full-frame, alongside a revamped line of FA Ltds (with similar treatment to the DA Ltds), and two new FF-capable zooms (24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8). A risky bet, I know, but it'll be a big win if it comes through!

On a more serious note, I'd say an upgraded APS-C is highly likely (K5iii, to line up with the rest of the APS-C series?). Given remarks from earlier in the year there's a good chance it'll be marketed as 'professional-grade', although I'm not too sure what that would entail over and above the quality of the K5 / K5ii.

That would leave the fabled 'K3' designation for my risky outside bet
09-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #238
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
Hey - there's every single time a few believers to be milked!
09-01-2013, 03:30 AM   #239
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote

Notch me down for the outside chance: the long awaited full-frame, alongside a revamped line of FA Ltds (with similar treatment to the DA Ltds), and two new FF-capable zooms (24-70 f2.8 and 70-200 f2.8). A risky bet, I know, but it'll be a big win if it comes through!

On a more serious note, I'd say an upgraded APS-C is highly likely (K5iii, to line up with the rest of the APS-C series?). Given remarks from earlier in the year there's a good chance it'll be marketed as 'professional-grade', although I'm not too sure what that would entail over and above the quality of the K5 / K5ii.

That would leave the fabled 'K3' designation for my risky outside bet
I'm not sure that Ricoh would have refreshed the Limited lenses in the way they have if the only new camera they have in mind is a standard-issue black box. So while a conventional replacement or companion for the K5II is highly likely, I'm hoping for a second, wild-card camera which might be rather different and is very much the small, svelte body specifically intended to match these small prime lenses. Think Canon 100D/SL1 but taken all the way up in terms of sensor, style and materials, and perhaps not even with a mirror. People in the West might think WTF but that wouldn't matter in the least if such a camera were a hit with folks in Asia. That market alone would likely keep Ricoh running at full capacity. Time to starting issuing virtual tokens for virtual bottles of champagne so we can all place our bets ...
09-01-2013, 03:45 AM   #240
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
I'm not sure that Ricoh would have refreshed the Limited lenses in the way they have if the only new camera they have in mind is a standard-issue black box. So while a conventional replacement or companion for the K5II is highly likely, I'm hoping for a second, wild-card camera which might be rather different and is very much the small, svelte body specifically intended to match these small prime lenses. Think Canon 100D/SL1 but taken all the way up in terms of sensor, style and materials, and perhaps not even with a mirror. People in the West might think WTF but that wouldn't matter in the least if such a camera were a hit with folks in Asia. That market alone would likely keep Ricoh running at full capacity. Time to starting issuing virtual tokens for virtual bottles of champagne so we can all place our bets ...
God spare us tiny DSLRs with grip, like Canon 100D.
Let's hope it is something retro coming, some K1000 / LX like DSLR; that with DA limiteds is a match made in heaven.
Why this? Take a look at DPreview popular camera chart — that damn beautiful and retro Fuji X100/100s is sitting there since it was anounced. Even GR disappeared a month after the review, but X100s stood. And it stays now too. No other camera ever approached its constant popularity.