Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2013, 10:58 AM   #661
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Except that Toshiyuki Kitazawa is no supplier, consultant or mere employee, but the Head of Business Development. In this "nothing" you can clearly read:
- that it's about a DSLR
- they're working with a sensor manufacturer
- they will "definitely launch", it's long term strategy though so don't expect it to be in the near future
- the target is to launch a product on the market

Lots of committal details for a "no" And there's no need to say that much, unless:
a. he decided that lying is a good thing (highly unlikely IMHO, and I wouldn't accuse people easily)
b. it's actually true and they're working on FF projects.
As head of business development he still is an employee.
I consider "the long term" as a no for the short term.
as a head of business development he should know that if you only have long term news you give at some related exiting short term perspective along.

09-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #662
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax first needs a 24-70 and a 70-200 before they can go FF. They will probably have to shop at Tamron for that. Maybe some old FA designs can be revived like the FA* 28-70 and FA*80-200 They won't need many cheap zooms for FF because it will be high end, with aps-c covering the lower end.
09-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #663
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Definitely yes and will be on show during the Salon de la Photo in Paris.
My source is not THAT affirmative : announcement of something new in the DSLR line before the end of 2013 for sure...
09-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #664
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Smiling means, we can't tell you but we can't say that so we smile. It's a eastern thing.
I thought the smiling meant "You are a gaijin who smells like sour milk"

09-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #665
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All I'm looking for is a 24 MP APS-c, which has been done by lot's of others already, and an incremental improvement in AF, maybe not Nikon or Canon AF, but another indication that they are making an effort to catch up.. that would sell me a camera. Maybe not before CHristmas. The camera company practice of charging a lot of money for cameras that don't have the bugs worked out yet, and then dropping the price as they become better, is annoying to say the least. I'm not going to pay to field test product at a premium price and with no hot line to the engineering department.
09-18-2013, 12:31 PM   #666
Site Supporter

In my opinion the last 20 Mpix SONY sensor would do an overall better job than the "old" 24 Mpix...
Remember that Mr Kawauchi stated that "Pentax is not running the megapixel race" or something like that.
09-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #667
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wigelII Quote
I fully agree.
I always have the grip on my K5 just because it lacks height.
The best sized of all cameras I ever used was the Olympus E3 (which, by the way, also had the best viewfinder)
I can use it without the grip if I'm toting around a manual prime (though the 55mm ƒ1.2 is pushing it a bit) but anything heavier, my pinky finger starts to ache pretty quickly. I've actually carried it with the group on and no battery in the grip on a few occasions, to keep the weight down.
09-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #668
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
In my opinion the last 20 Mpix SONY sensor would do an overall better job than the "old" 24 Mpix...
I trust Pentax to go for IQ over my opinion, it's one of the reason people like them, when they get something good, they go with it (in the next 6 camera bodies).. We don't want no light bleeding cross pixelating sensors.

09-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #669
Veteran Member

Pentax first needs a 24-70 and a 70-200 before they can go FF. They will probably have to shop at Tamron for that. Maybe some old FA designs can be revived like the FA* 28-70 and FA*80-200 They won't need many cheap zooms for FF because it will be high end, with aps-c covering the lower end.
I think kit zoom that's not f/2.8 for FF is still necessary. Nikon actually didnt have one until D600 come up. They bundled it with a "cheapo" kitlens ($400).

I just went and get a used Tammy 2875.
09-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #670
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
For me nothing comes close to the feeling of K10/K20 with DA 40

D600 is ergonomically a great pair with decent sized zoom lens like Tamron 28-75 or 70-300. I agree that smaller lenses dont seem very ergonomic on it. The weight distribution feels all wrong. maybe the way it's built is just necessary for an FF pentaprism and all that electronic gizmos? I know that ME super is half the size of DSLRS these days so it cant be just the prism. Ergonomically I like the D7000 more than the d600, but it's not full frame.
it wasn't the weight distribution for me, it was the fact that my hand wouldn't fit on the grip. It would on the K5 just fine, but the D600 gave me hand cramps. I still hand the pinky dangle on the D600 and the K5, but for some reason the K5 was just way more comfortable. Once I added the grip all was fine.

The D800 doesn't give me that issue. I may get the grip for it anyways though.
09-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #671
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

I think they want to be different. I suspect small and compact. Hence no (or very few) fast and large zooms...but I could be wrong...
09-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #672
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
I think they want to be different. I suspect small and compact. Hence no (or very few) fast and large zooms...but I could be wrong...
I'm fairly certan Ricoh / Pentax want to be the better-for-some / best alternative to CaNikony not another CaNikony. The question will be whether enough buyers want an alternative, and if so whether Ricoh gets the correct set of pluses and minuses..
09-18-2013, 01:52 PM   #673
Pentaxian

I just want the body to put my ol' Takumars on anyway so I only care because I want Pentax to last another 40 odd years.
09-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #674
Pentaxian

APS-C zoom lenses do not differ much between brands (except that Pentax got some high end APS-C tele zooms) so zoom lenses probably won't differ much on FF either.
But when Pentax start selling FF cameras, most new high end glass will probably be FF like on other brands.

The question is mostly if they start with low end or high end FF zoom lenses. But usually it's the high end products that comes first.
09-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #675
Pentaxian

I just want the body to put my ol' Takumars on anyway so I only care because I want Pentax to last another 40 odd years.
I'm kinda surprised the Chinese haven't made a digital m42. It would be a pretty simple thing to construct. At anyrate, I'll probably pick up an A3000, when the used market gets flooded with them in about a year, and a "lens turbo" just for m42 glass on the cheap. Unless of course Pentax brings out something similar.