Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2013, 05:07 AM - 1 Like   #841
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
No, you have missed my point. If Canon comes to MF market, make sure they won't play around and waste everyone's time, but will conquer it like a storm, and connect it thoroughly with the industry-standard FF offer, which no other MF manufacturer (except niche Leica M) has or can dream about.
From day one, Canon's MF will be most likely be able to use all EOS lenses and all accessories, making a transition from FF to MF seamless for all enthusiasts, in the manner their 5D strategy (a shift from APS-C to FF) worked.
There is a good reason Canon is number 1.
That is just so wrong on so many different levels.

10-03-2013, 05:17 AM   #842
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mazhe Quote
Maybe Pentax is a bit worried about rumors spreading about Canon entering the MF market and they are considering their next move more carefully.
This rumor has been around since 1989. I don't think it is credible...
10-03-2013, 05:18 AM   #843
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
No, you have missed my point. If Canon comes to MF market, make sure they won't play around and waste everyone's time, but will conquer it like a storm, and connect it thoroughly with the industry-standard FF offer, which no other MF manufacturer (except niche Leica M) has or can dream about.
From day one, Canon's MF will be most likely be able to use all EOS lenses and all accessories, making a transition from FF to MF seamless for all enthusiasts, in the manner their 5D strategy (a shift from APS-C to FF) worked.
Image circle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And to your broader point regarding Canon taking unfamiliar markets by storm:
Review: Canon EOS M is Like a Sluggish DSLR Trapped in a Compact Body
10-03-2013, 05:36 AM   #844
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteQuote:
One of the most important reasons for getting and being number 1 is the marketing department of Canon

10-03-2013, 05:39 AM   #845
Pentaxian

And it works; for example, convincing Pentaxians that Pentax don't stand a chance, because there is an unsubstantiated rumor that Canon might enter the DMF market.
10-03-2013, 05:59 AM   #846
Pentaxian

Good salesman can tell to YOU what you really wan't. It is so sad and funny.

I remember a while a go at one photography magasine they said for example that these new FF sensors are so and so much better, because they are that much bigger(talking about canon). And when Pentax came with DMF, they said that is is just barelly bigger than FF, so there is not so much differense...I thought that step from APS-C to FF is almost as big as FF to MF...but if it was Canon, even with similar specs, story would have gone little a bit differently. I suppose.

Now these things really are something what makes a brand, salesmen. And brand is a terrific tool for salesmen.

Have to admit that product must be good too. Let's see that canon MF then. I can't imagine that they have let me down so many years of not making that MF! Maybe next year! With great AF and burst mode. Min. 8 FPS.
10-03-2013, 06:21 AM   #847
Loyal Site Supporter

I am amused at the number of posters who show up every time Pentax has something new to release - and only then - to talk down anything and everything Pentax does, has done and is doing. It's like they don't want Pentax to succeed or something. Coincidentally, Canon always seems to be the only capable camera company building cameras, soon to consume the entire market, get into the heads of people who don't even own cameras and force them to buy, too . . .

I don't know - it's almost like these posters have an agenda or something.

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that optimistic discussion is going on in here!
[a Dealer Rep hands Renault a pile of new peoducts]
Croupier: Your new camera, sir.
Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
[aloud]
Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!

Last edited by monochrome; 10-03-2013 at 06:36 AM.
10-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #848
Emperor and Senpai

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I am amused at the number of posters who show up every time Pentax has something new to release - and only then - to talk down anything and everything Pentax does, has done and is doing. It's like they don't want Pentax to succeed or something. Coincidentally, Canon always seems to be the only capable camera comapny building cameras, soon to consume the entire market, get into the heads of people who don't even own cameras and force them to buy, too . . .

I don't know - it's almost like these posters have an agenda or something.

Rick: How can you close me up? On what grounds?
Captain Renault: I'm shocked, shocked to find that optimistic discussion is going on in here!
[a Dealer Rep hands Renault a pile of new products]
Croupier: Your new camera, sir.
Captain Renault: [sotto voce] Oh, thank you very much.
[aloud]
Captain Renault: Everybody out at once!
The funny thing is that I have had Canon guys almost cry when they saw what my K5 is capable of. My uncle who has a 5D MK II even said my K5 was better than his camera, couldn't believe some of my landscape stuff was not taken with a FF like his, and told my cousin that I would be a much better choice than him to shoot her wedding. Whelp, looks like I'm shooting a wedding on December 21st.

10-03-2013, 06:31 AM   #849
Pentaxian

To be frank, must say that here seems to be a lot of people, just putting others on bad mood. Not being happy about new thing. Semi tolls, now I know where it comes from. Seeing someone doing well and wan't to point their weak points to make it collapse.

Speaking about that canons new MF camera, I heard that they are going to make it mirrorless and shooting 4K video. I hope it will pan out, because it is something that I have wished for. And to knock out that Sonys new MF they shoud price it under 2500€. Launch price. It will be serious competitor for D800 too, wich is beginning to look outdated too. I just remembered that I read it from some forums, can't remember of which thou.

10-03-2013, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #850
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
The funny thing is that I have had Canon guys almost cry when they saw what my K5 is capable of. My uncle who has a 5D MK II even said my K5 was better than his camera, couldn't believe some of my landscape stuff was not taken with a FF like his, and told my cousin that I would be a much better choice than him to shoot her wedding. Whelp, looks like I'm shooting a wedding on December 21st.
Hopefully Canon will have released their medium format camera before your cousin's wedding .
10-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #851
Emperor and Senpai

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Hopefully Canon will have released their medium format camera before your cousin's wedding .
More like I hope Sigma releases the 18-35 f/1.8 in Pentax mount beofre then!
10-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #852
Pentaxian

There is big annousments coming just in few days! It's for sure coming. Can't wait to try it out.
10-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #853
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
There are big announcements coming just in few days! It's for sure coming. Can't wait to try it out.
And Now for Something Completely Different

10-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #854
Pentaxian

And Now for Something Completely Different
This is not the mirrorless version, but is more of like clone of phase One. There will be new model. I have seen it!
10-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #855

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I am amused at the number of posters who show up every time Pentax has something new to release - and only then - to talk down anything and everything Pentax does, has done and is doing. It's like they don't want Pentax to succeed or something
Well, I guess some people will never be happy.

Is this typical for Pentax or is it the same for all brands?