Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 138 Likes Search this Thread
10-03-2013, 06:32 AM - 1 Like   #841
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
The funny thing is that I have had Canon guys almost cry when they saw what my K5 is capable of. My uncle who has a 5D MK II even said my K5 was better than his camera, couldn't believe some of my landscape stuff was not taken with a FF like his, and told my cousin that I would be a much better choice than him to shoot her wedding. Whelp, looks like I'm shooting a wedding on December 21st.
Hopefully Canon will have released their medium format camera before your cousin's wedding .

10-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #842
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Hopefully Canon will have released their medium format camera before your cousin's wedding .
More like I hope Sigma releases the 18-35 f/1.8 in Pentax mount beofre then!
10-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #843
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is big annousments coming just in few days! It's for sure coming. Can't wait to try it out.
10-03-2013, 06:40 AM   #844
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
There are big announcements coming just in few days! It's for sure coming. Can't wait to try it out.
And Now for Something Completely Different

10-03-2013, 06:46 AM   #845
Pentaxian

And Now for Something Completely Different
This is not the mirrorless version, but is more of like clone of phase One. There will be new model. I have seen it!
10-03-2013, 06:47 AM   #846
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I am amused at the number of posters who show up every time Pentax has something new to release - and only then - to talk down anything and everything Pentax does, has done and is doing. It's like they don't want Pentax to succeed or something
Well, I guess some people will never be happy.

Is this typical for Pentax or is it the same for all brands?
10-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #847
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by troenaas Quote
Well, I guess some people will never be happy.

Is this typical for Pentax or is it the same for all brands?
Typical here at least
Seriously, I think it is everywhere, just slightly different subjects.

10-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #848
Pentaxian

We all have that certain thing we need that we'll never get. I need a camera viewfinder that reads my retina, and when it stops on something, focuses on what it's pointed at and takes a picture, sends it to my computer, analyses it, PPs it to perfection and then prints it and sells it. If Pentax doesn't come out with a system like that soon, I'm switching to Panasonic.
10-03-2013, 08:24 AM   #849
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
No, you have missed my point. If Canon comes to MF market, make sure they won't play around and waste everyone's time, but will conquer it like a storm, and connect it thoroughly with the industry-standard FF offer, which no other MF manufacturer (except niche Leica M) has or can dream about.
From day one, Canon's MF will be most likely be able to use all EOS lenses and all accessories, making a transition from FF to MF seamless for all enthusiasts, in the manner their 5D strategy (a shift from APS-C to FF) worked.
There is a good reason Canon is number 1.
I don't see this at all. Unless Canon was to try to significantly expand the MF market (unlikely), they are battling a very different market from the standard SLR market. That is to say, medium format shooters are fairly entrenched, do not turn over camera bodies frequently, are OK with older tech and slower focus. It isn't as though Canon has a bunch of older medium format lenses out there that they can draw on for building a new system. The sensor is the easiest part of the equation for them, the glass and getting people to buy them, the tough thing.

The techniques that sell millions of Canon XSI cameras will not work on the medium format market.
10-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #850
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I think this thread has established a new low.

We started at a dealer rep saying there would be new Pentax cameras out by Christmas.
Moved on to "Pentax is doomed because the new camera will not be full frame"
And now have descended to "Pentax is doomed because the new camera will not be a Medium Format that will compete with a rumored Canon camera"

What's next?
10-03-2013, 10:25 AM   #851
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote

We started at a dealer rep saying there would be new Pentax cameras out by Christmas.
And now have descended to "Pentax is doomed because the new camera will not be a Medium Format that will compete with a rumored Canon camera"

What's next?
Pentax is doomed because they don't have a digital version of the 67!
10-03-2013, 10:34 AM - 1 Like   #852
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Pentax is doomed because they don't have a digital version of the 67!
I think I might have heard a rumor that Nikon was going to expand into the 67 market to head off any innovation by Pentax in this area. Surely this is a conspiracy to take out Ricoh before they get started?
10-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #853
Veteran Member

What's next?

Pentaxians can be a lot like Buck Turgidson. "We must not allow a mine-shaft gap!"
10-03-2013, 10:53 AM   #854
Veteran Member

What's next?
Nikon is rumored to enter the printer market, and will release a product can print and take pictures at the same time. It will obliterate all Canon and Ricoh products, cameras included.

Unless Pentax Ricoh releases a cheap medium format printer that can take pictures at 50MP, pentax is doomed.
10-03-2013, 10:55 AM   #855
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Andi Lo Quote
Nikon is rumored to enter the printer market, and will release a product can print and take pictures at the same time. It will obliterate all Canon and Ricoh products, cameras included.

Unless Pentax Ricoh releases a cheap medium format printer that can take pictures at 50MP, pentax is doomed.
But does it have a coffee maker built in? The bulge on the K-3 is a teeny-tiny coffee maker, Nikon and Canon are doomed.