Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2013, 12:53 AM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Oh, great - spamming the forum with more "let's mock Pentax out of the blue" BS.
At least there is sincerity in irony, because unlike blind fanboyism, it's also self-criticism.
So it is not about mocking or teasing of Pentax at all, but of fanboys, who are so tense they don't get the irony.

Last edited by Uluru; 08-18-2013 at 01:02 AM.
08-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #107
Pentaxian

There's no sincerity in such lies, and after so many years of continuous Pentax bashing (mostly for imaginary reasons), of course I won't find it even remotely funny. Rejecting inconvenient truth by name calling is not sincerity, either.
By the way, RiceHigh needs help - such BS is perfect for his blog; and he will need as much material as possible.
08-18-2013, 06:51 AM   #108
Pentaxian

There's no sincerity in such lies, and after so many years of continuous Pentax bashing (mostly for imaginary reasons), of course I won't find it even remotely funny. Rejecting inconvenient truth by name calling is not sincerity, either.
By the way, RiceHigh needs help - such BS is perfect for his blog; and he will need as much material as possible.
Ok, there are lies, and there is fiction, used to convey some truth. So there is a vehicle, or form, and a meaning inside it.
Those are different.

However, did you ever listen any interview by Ricoh / Pentax representatives? Listen to interviews during Photokina 2012, then CP+2013, and you get it. It very much does sound something like that fictional scenario. So instead of blaming me for deciding to have some fun, rather reflect on hundreds of threads, and thousands of messages inside each, that were initiated in the last 2 years by hundreds of members here. If one single thread reflects on the tragedy of the whole human venture in there, real concerns and valuable time wasted, then it's rather concerning because you don't see the forest for the tree.

And you rather fetishise one fictional idea of the brand for the sake of people who actually *are* that brand — in flesh and blood. Any brand is its users, and is controlled by its users — in case you just didn't know.
08-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #109
Pentaxian

Used to convey the made-up "truth" that Pentax employees are automatically incompetent? In this case, it was very funny, ha, ha, ha.

No, I see nothing of that sort but then I don't want to appear smarter than those who do the job (I'm no armchair expert).

I fetishise nothing, by the way - you're trying to build a false image about me, as well. I don't remember ever making claims that could be interpreted like this; can you give an exact quote, i.e. without "fiction"? Otherwise, I'll assume you were "fictioning".
FTR I disagree with both ideas but, if you're right, it means we have nothing to be afraid about Pentax; because we control the brand. We, not Ricoh!

08-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #110
Pentaxian

And, as expected, this <sarcasm> fine piece of fiction </sarcasm> made it in his blog.
He hates Pentaxforums, but won't think twice before getting material from here...
08-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #111
Site Supporter

You know, I was going to post something thoughtful about the outlook for Pentax and the company's products. But, you know what? I don't care anymore. I'm not going to buy anything new even if they announce it.
08-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #112
Pentaxian

The reason being?
Not that you need to justify your decision, but since you told us about it... Is it a permanent decision, or you're talking about the near future?
08-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #113

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Well, a bit of extra space for another SD card slot would be nice.
As would a bigger and better located green button for left eye shooters. The lesser-series K-cameras (K-x, K-30, K-50 etc) have it in a easy-to-access location. On the K-5, I can't get my thumb onto the green button without my nose being in the way, so I have to take my eye off the viewfinder to use it. Not optimal.
I personally enjoy the K-5's placement of the green button; for me it falls right under my thumb when I'm using the rear wheel. I would like the AF-on button to the left of the thumb wheel slightly, and the current AF-on button replaced with a selector stick thing, especially if the newer models have more AF points. And when the AF dial is set to the center position or auto the thumbstick gets retracted.

08-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #114
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Biro Quote
You know, I was going to post something thoughtful about the outlook for Pentax and the company's products. But, you know what? I don't care anymore. I'm not going to buy anything new even if they announce it.
Pentax Forums is something like House of Lords; we fight each other, engage in golden oratories, pull out papers and data that is totally irrelevant, talk techno babble we don't believe in ourselves. Thus, in practical sense, no one cares about anything we say. And you shouldn't care either. We live in an illusion that things are there, or will happen, because we say something. It is House of Commons that has real power — or, thousands of users craving for latest pink and powder blue cameras.
Thus be happy, and happily buy whatever fancies you. I'm certain engineers working on Pentax products will construct something marvellous and worth buying.

Last edited by Uluru; 08-19-2013 at 06:05 PM.
08-19-2013, 06:08 PM - 1 Like   #115
Lens Buying Addict

The constant, repetitive negative posts eventually produce an unbearable ennui.
08-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #116
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The constant, repetitive negative posts eventually produce an unbearable ennui.
We lack some humour here, cannot deflate for a moment (to quote The Beatles, Bob Dylan, and thousands of others, "put our feet on the ground"). It is good for anyone's digestive health to note — from time to time — that users coming, by some accident or strange act of fortune, to Pentax Forums, should take opinions presented here with a grain of salt, pitta bread, olive oil, mixed spice and a glass of good Cabernet Sauvignon.
08-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #117
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Pentax Forums is something like House of Lords; we fight each other, engage in golden oratories, pull out papers and data that is totally irrelevant, talk techno babble we don't believe in ourselves. Thus, in practical sense, no one cares about anything we say. And you shouldn't care either. We live in an illusion that things are there, or will happen, because we say something. It is House of Commons that has real power or, thousands of users craving for latest pink and powder blue cameras.
Thus be happy, and happily buy whatever fancies you. I'm certain engineers working on Pentax products will construct something marvellous and worth buying.
Honestly, I really enjoy taking pictures -- of stuff, of my kids, of whatever and my cameras and glass still work OK and so I can wait. It really isn't about tech, particularly since I feel like tech has plateaued with minimal improvements visible from the D7000 to the D7100.
08-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #118

Photos: Gallery
I'm certain engineers working on Pentax products will construct something marvellous and worth buying.
I think this is the case too .. and furthermore I enjoy reading about what others think they might be
08-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
Honestly, I really enjoy taking pictures -- of stuff, of my kids, of whatever and my cameras and glass still work OK and so I can wait. It really isn't about tech, particularly since I feel like tech has plateaued with minimal improvements visible from the D7000 to the D7100.
I have an opinion that Nikon in particular and not the industry or technology has plateaued their ideas, and are running out of imagination.
If given a proper chance (as stated above) I believe engineers working on Pentax products can innovate wildly in that same DSLR field now over-saturated with Nikon's and Canon's minimal efforts and lack of ideas.
08-19-2013, 07:22 PM - 3 Likes   #120
Site Supporter

users coming, by some accident or strange act of fortune, to Pentax Forums, should take opinions presented here with a grain of salt,
I think all new users should have to sign a warning statement: "I am aware that many of the posts on this forum are by grumpy old men and I agree not to be influenced negatively by any of these posts. I understand that most of these posts are intended as some brand of humor and agree not to sell all of my Pentax gear and jump ship immediately. I understand that Pentaxians are in general weird and unlike fans of most other brands actively try to discourage new owners in the mistaken belief that additional Pentax users will drive up the price of scarce vintage glass."
</sarc>