Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 138 Likes Search this Thread
07-27-2013, 12:54 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This does sound reasonable, it will be interesting to see if what comes out is significant enough for me to consider upgrading from my K5.

07-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #32
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mbukal Quote
New Camera / s by Christmas, but so what year????????????
Thats is a typical Pentaxian near a camera store. Year after year.

07-27-2013, 02:51 PM   #33
Banned

Original Poster
Getting into the realm of pure speculation now, the FA 77 I bought was $900au, which is significantly lower than it was six months ago, and comparable in price to the Sigma 85 F1.4. I couldn't really pass on such a great opportunity to acquire myself a copy.

I wonder does such competitive pricing indicate a new range of Full-Frame capable glass on the way too...
07-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #34
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
Getting into the realm of pure speculation now, the FA 77 I bought was $900au, which is significantly lower than it was six months ago, and comparable in price to the Sigma 85 F1.4. I couldn't really pass on such a great opportunity to acquire myself a copy.

I wonder does such competitive pricing indicate a new range of Full-Frame capable glass on the way too...

CR Kennedy revised prices several times this year, and they did last time when we could get more for Aussie dollars than now. And they've locked onto those prices for a while now.
For example, the MX-1 price has gone up everywhere in the last 5-6 weeks because of the weaker Aussie dollar, but lenses stay on the same level as before. So maybe they are keeping them just to create interest, which would otherwise be gone forever in endless wait for Pentax FF.

Last edited by Uluru; 07-27-2013 at 03:45 PM.
07-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #35
Banned

Original Poster
The last time I did a price comparison was in March, when the Aussie dollar was stronger than it is now, and the 77 was significantly more. So, market conditions certainly don't seem to account for the current price.

When I called Ted's Cameras to do a quick price comparison, they were surprised (and a little p*ssed off) at CRK's webstore pricing. Ted's have since revised their price...LOL
07-27-2013, 04:20 PM - 3 Likes   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Thank you God,
for the opulent, endless supply of overhears
and reassuring personal confessions,
messages as bold as victory's spears
of Ricoh sales representatives, heralds of future bright,
conveyed to camera stores sales people,
for their contentment, and to our own delight.
With that familiar sound to my ear,
I retreat once again to take a breath.
Redundant, replicated, reassurances against my fear,
more of the same from whom I hold dear.
If I burn a candle bright, will I see the light?
I think how much I have waited.
For I doubt I will hold, in my hands,
the promise, before the nigh o’ year.
07-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #37
Banned

The last time I did a price comparison was in March, when the Aussie dollar was stronger than it is now, and the 77 was significantly more. So, market conditions certainly don't seem to account for the current price.

When I called Ted's Cameras to do a quick price comparison, they were surprised (and a little p*ssed off) at CRK's webstore pricing. Ted's have since revised their price...LOL
I checked the Q Toy Lens 05; everywhere it's around $90+, and CR Kennedy (Pentax AUS) is $55. :-)
03 fisheye is $90-something, elsewhere is $130+.
Love the Pentax AUS!

I only regret not snapping the FA43 several months ago, when it was, probably by mistake, priced at $480 or thereabouts!

07-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No price reduction in the FA31 at CRK though. Hard to pick the pattern. I wouldn't be surprised though if some or all of the existing FA lenses are discontinued in favour of redesigned DFA lenses once the fabled FF arrives. That may be a major cause of the delay in getting the FF to market.
07-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
concur. K10 was more comfortable and generally just a pleasure to handle. I find the K7 derivatives to be a bit clunky.
I have a good-old K10 and I am VERY happy with the battery grip and how it holds in my hand
07-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #40
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I only regret not snapping the FA43 several months ago, when it was, probably by mistake, priced at $480 or thereabouts!

Damn! I'm sorry I missed that too. That's the next lense on my shopping list, but at this point (as mentioned in original post) the pennies are being saved for upgrades of my K10D & K20D.
07-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Well, a bit of extra space for another SD card slot would be nice.
As would a bigger and better located green button for left eye shooters. The lesser-series K-cameras (K-x, K-30, K-50 etc) have it in a easy-to-access location. On the K-5, I can't get my thumb onto the green button without my nose being in the way, so I have to take my eye off the viewfinder to use it. Not optimal.
Yes, agreed. And please move the LiveView button so I don't bump it every time I want to change the focus points settings.
07-29-2013, 12:32 AM - 1 Like   #42
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
And please move the LiveView button
Agreed. The LV button location on the K-50 - top left of the camera rear - is a very sensible improvement and out of the way.
07-29-2013, 06:29 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
perfect, i like the form and outline of the k7/k5 and the continuous use of the grip. Jist put a FF sensor in and i'm quit happy
Ricoh is very much into small and spartan with ergonomics as priority... So I agree that the k-5ii sucxessor will be about the same size, maybe lighter.
07-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Glad I spotted this thread, was going to by a K5IIs while out protecting the Queens interests.
Looks like I might save some pennies and wait until I get back in the new year!
Wont be going FF though, cant warrant the out lay, plus I like my 10-17mm to much!
Would still like something without an AA filter though.

Cheers Steve
07-29-2013, 05:00 PM   #45
mee
Veteran Member

I might add, I used the term 'retailer' in case my post got the nice person in trouble, but it was higher up the food chain than your average street corner camera shop.

The company in question actually goes under the working title of 'Pentax Australia'...now notorious for their blog post slip earlier in the year
of course they can simply look at their hire dates and pinpoint who it is off of the information you provided...