Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 138 Likes Search this Thread
09-03-2013, 04:40 AM   #271
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by froeschle Quote
'You're Not The Only One' ...

What has to be expected for a higher-end APS-C model?
A sensor with more megapixels (see Nikon D7100), probably a newer 24MP version from Sony.
What do the yet announced new products tell us?
The new flash units offer a constant light source for videos.
This points towards extended video capabilities and an articulating screen.

The 645DII also is overdue.
The 40MP sensor could have already been replaced by a 50MP version:
KAF-40000 - TRUESENSE 6.0-micron Full Frame CCD Platform - Technologies - Products - Full Frame CCD
KAF-50100 - TRUESENSE 6.0-micron Full Frame CCD Platform - Technologies - Products - Full Frame CCD
Maybe they have even a better solution now.
What about the omnidirectional camera?
There are also diffident rumors about another mirrorless.
You may not eliminate the possible to see the truth .
I would be surprised if we would not see at least one new camera from Ricoh at IFA...
*Building-up artificial tension and suspense*
:

Don' give a damn about:
1. Personally, I don't give a damn about the new K-mount camera — unless it's 1970's retro styled.
2. I also don't care about the 20-40mm DA limited zoom — a very cheap, very naughty way for Ricoh / Pentax to sell us bulkier, slower (f4 most likely) and much more expensive solution for a problem they've created in the first place.
3. I don't care about any of the "new" lenses in the K roadmap — just too boring, those "lenses" drag around the roadmap like squashed skunks on Route 66.

I'd love to see:
1. I would love to see what will they do with the medium frame cameras. There's 60MP Dalsa's sensor now available too — plenty of pixels.
2. Some new, innovative, large sensor compact digital camera. Preferably 35mm equivalent focal length, retracting lens, OVF, decent battery life.

Last edited by Uluru; 09-03-2013 at 05:23 AM.
09-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #272
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
According to the venue map, Ricoh's exhibition area is right next to exit / entrance: I surely must commend their good strategic thinking about most probable consequences of their press conference
There's always:
CP+ Thursday, February 13 to Sunday, February 16 2014, Yokohama
SALON DE LA PHOTO, 7 TO 11 NOVEMBER 2013, PARIS
PMA 2013 CONVENTION, SEPTEMBER 12 – 14 2013 Melbourne

So we can enjoy ourselves with a lot of new threads
09-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #273

Can it be new Pentax camera? )))

From page of Sole distributor of Pentax and Ricoh (Singapore)
09-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #274
Veteran Member

Looks like a K-50 or K-500 (mode dial on the right of viewfinder). I expect a new higher spec DSLR to keep the LCD screen. Just an expectation though.

09-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #275

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by theperception2008 Quote
Well Kodak thought that film would never be replaced by "sensors" and Newspapers thought that digital was not worth investing in. So all the die hard i don't like change companies have either been bankrupt (Kodak) or bought out by billionaires for fun(newspapers). So catering to a hardcore demographic is not necessarily the way to go. Samsung tries to overwhelm the market via saturation. That method also has its problems, overlapping models with no clear differentiation is a big issue. Just food for thought.
Fitting quote from a 19th century art critic: "Photography has become the refuge of every would be painter too ill endowed and too lazy to complete his studies."

Currently I shoot with a k-30 that I grabbed for less than $500 right before the k-50 came out. I'm saving my pennies for a top of the line Pentax... I would hope that would be a ff... but like Cartman pacing in front of the storefront, I may be in an endless loop fueled by nothing but just that... hope!

As a professional shooter, I truly believe that Pentax is hobbling itself by this lack of a ff option... and I honestly cannot fathom what the hold up is.
09-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #276

K3 ?

I took in my hands some days ago a new aps-c pentax camera which will be launched soon, I'm not sure for the name, It's either K3 or K6.
Feels right in the hand, well build. Sorry for my poor memory, we are starting a partnership to sell the Pentax products, and we'll have the cameras in a month from now, that's why I did not remember the name, I do not know the products, but i'll ask my Ricoh reseller, she'll remember. We sell actually Ricoh for the moment among other brands.
But I'm sure it was not a full frame
09-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #277

Very funny, thank you

09-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #278

I heard about the proposed k-3 FF. Not much on which sensor but once again it's touted to be a CMOS (ick), and what price it will be at. Still wish some one would take the foveon x3 and x3 merrill and properly match some hardware to it.
09-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #279
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chippedoff Quote
I heard about the proposed k-3 FF. Not much on which sensor but once again it's touted to be a CMOS (ick), and what price it will be at. Still wish some one would take the foveon x3 and x3 merrill and properly match some hardware to it.
The proposed K-3 was never going to be Full Frame. The only reason some got confused is because of an April Fool joke posted in Pentax Forums. There is every reason to expect a flagship APS-C body in 2013, no reason that I've seen to expect a FF. There have been many hints from Ricoh and leakers about this.

The Foveon sensor is a non-starter because of poor noise performance.
09-03-2013, 01:41 PM   #280

Obviously.

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
The proposed K-3 was never going to be Full Frame. The only reason some got confused is because of an April Fool joke posted in Pentax Forums. There is every reason to expect a flagship APS-C body in 2013, no reason that I've seen to expect a FF. There have been many hints from Ricoh and leakers about this.

The Foveon sensor is a non-starter because of poor noise performance.
09-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #281
Forum Member

Samsung sensor?

Sony aside, Samsung has a very nice 20MP sensor with on board phase detect.
I don't know if they are sharing it but they were BFF with Pentax in the past.
09-03-2013, 09:57 PM   #282
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Doesn't the Foveon exhibit some really ugly artifacts when pushed past its limit, too? I've heard that it's great when used within the proper parameters but it makes for a harder to use camera.
The Foveon sensor in the DPMerrills has incredible resolution, but colors are said to be weak and noise levels above ISO 400 are quite high. There is no chance that a Foveon will be in a Pentax camera anytime soon.

Rob
09-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #283

QuoteOriginally posted by robgo2 Quote
The Foveon sensor in the DPMerrills has incredible resolution, but colors are said to be weak and noise levels above ISO 400 are quite high. There is no chance that a Foveon will be in a Pentax camera anytime soon.

Rob
I own a Sigma DP2 and DP3 Merrill, the quality is awesome, and it's no joke !
Colors are incredible, sharpness is crazy, it's advised to turn down sharpness when converting to jpeg, and it's corner to corner sharp.
BUT, you'll have to accept it's weaknesses, which are, VERY poor battery life (I have 8 of them), it's a slow camera, the SPP software to develop the Sigma raw files is slow too, you'll have to wait between 10 to 20 seconds to see your picture, even with a fast card, and it's adviced to shoot Raw.
I really adore these two little beasts ;-)
09-04-2013, 12:43 AM   #284
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by alwaysmichellerene Quote

As a professional shooter, I truly believe that Pentax is hobbling itself by this lack of a ff option... and I honestly cannot fathom what the hold up is.
I agree entirely.

I'm in the process of building a fledgling wedding photography business, and the lack of a truly professional system (and preferably FF) from Pentax is becoming an increasing concern for me. No-one wants to be trying to do a job with second-rate tools, and the current Pentax cameras are NOT professional tools.

I just want a workhorse professional camera / system. Preferably FF, and preferably Pentax. I can't really fathom why it's such an impossible undertaking for them either.

We'll know in a day or two, and then I'll have to make some (hopefully easy) decisions.
09-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #285
Veteran Member

Presumably, we at least got some attention from Photo Rumors :
Ricoh press conference at IFA scheduled for Thursday, September 5th
What happened to the Pentax 645 system?