Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 138 Likes Search this Thread
09-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #301
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Possible cameras:
QuoteQuote:
What about the omnidirectional camera?

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/236096-pentax-ricoh-theta-360-camera.html

09-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #302
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PPPPPP42 Quote
If Pentax comes out with anything that the K5 owners will actually jump for I'll be happy since I am looking for a sub $500 nice used K5 to replace my K20D and its almost made it that low, and a flood of replaced K5's would definitely do that. I despise AF and so an original K5 would be the logical choice since nothing of substance has really improved after it otherwise.

In the unlikely event the FF comes out I will happily drop the All Pitiful Shrunken Crap size sensors and do whatever it takes to get the FF at any cost, my 35mm lenses are ready and waiting.
LMAO!
09-04-2013, 12:06 PM   #303

K3 is the name of the future DSLR ;-) It's definitive...but it's a secret ;-)
09-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #304

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
God spare us tiny DSLRs with grip, like Canon 100D.
Let's hope it is something retro coming, some K1000 / LX like DSLR; that with DA limiteds is a match made in heaven.
Why this? Take a look at DPreview popular camera chart — that damn beautiful and retro Fuji X100/100s is sitting there since it was anounced. Even GR disappeared a month after the review, but X100s stood. And it stays now too. No other camera ever approached its constant popularity.
Yes, nothing makes for sense than putting cutting edge technology into faux retro designs for old folks to feel nostalgic about.

09-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #305
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Chippedoff Quote
I can't really say anything bad about my nikon d600 except it's low light performance is not as good as my pentax k30, and what was nikon thinking when they centered all the focus points. I'l give points to Pentax & Sigma for their focus system. Most of my cameras are not for sports to begin with. Sold off a couple nikons so looking to get another pentax but which one i don't know.... Yet.
The Nikon D600's low light performance is not as good as your Pentax K30. It is better than your Pentax K30. The fact that you think otherwise tells me you're comparing 100% screen views of each camera. Make some large prints of equal size from both cameras and your mistaken belief will be no more.
09-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #306
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Everyone hold your breath until tomorrow afternoon. Half of you keep holding your breath for a few weeks. Other half exhale and start preaching doom.
09-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #307
Veteran Member

I hope that nobody suffocates.

09-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #308
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I however think tools themselves, as they are now, can be used professionally. Maybe not for everything 100% dependably that comes to your mind, but for a great deal of photography, definitely.
You see, in all these we need to discern the perception others are forcing upon to us, and how well we understand the subject matter.

Main reason Pentax gear is not used widely as a professional tool is the lack of established service channels, lack of training outlets or workshops, very scarce presence in shops, where we can seriously try the equipment before pulling moolah out of our pockets.

FF absolutely isn't necessary for the job done; if the "FF look" is needed, then renting of a 645D for the occasion will more than suffice and surpass anyone's expectations.

The main attribute of a professional photog aren't amazing tools but amazing creativity of mind that help see beyond and above tools.
I recall you extolling the virtues of larger sensors (aka sketchbook vs large oil paintings) elsewhere?

But you're not wrong. I'm currently getting acceptable images from a K20D, albeit with a number of serious limitations both functionally and creatively.

The latest generation of APS-C camera from Pentax would undoubtedly be a significant improvement (even the K5ii), but there are still limitations to creative options available.

I have been totally open to the idea of an APS-C only system, but having been on the ground I am speaking from personal experience (not forced perceptions) when I say I will need a FF camera in the not too distant future.
09-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #309
Veteran Member

Sounds as if the announcement tomorrow may well be the Ricoh Theta and its 360 degree images. Yes, the ideal style accessory for today's sassy paranoiac since not only can you use the Theta to check out whether you are being followed but you can also check exactly who has just taken the picture.

For myself, i'd really just like a boring old APS-C DSLR in the footsteps of the K5IIs.
09-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #310
Veteran Member

Bookmark this link - IFA - RICOH Press Conference

Live stream of Ricoh press conference at IFA, Berlin. Action starts at 3pm September 5 CEST.
09-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #311
Veteran Member

Good morning !
See e.g. there.
It is really interesting to see how rumors and information spread in internet space.
Hopefully, this will not only be a mediocre announcement .
09-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #312
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonakG Quote
Bookmark this link - IFA - RICOH Press Conference

Live stream of Ricoh press conference at IFA, Berlin. Action starts at 3pm September 5 CEST.
Those on the American east coast, is 3pm CEST 8am EDT?
09-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #313
Veteran Member

That would be 9AM EDT

CEST – Central European Summer Time
09-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #314
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hell's bells! It's a damn Flash page. Haven't these people realised a lot of people are on Flashless mobile devices, these days?
09-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #315
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
That would be 9AM EDT
Ah, right. I was thinking UTC -5 but of course it's -4 now. Thank you.