Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 138 Likes Search this Thread
09-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #481
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not one of those serial rumour starters. And take what I say with a grain of salt because it has no verification, but.....

I was at the big photo exhibition in Melbourne yesterday, and witnessed a nice colourful display of a wall full of multicoloured Q10's, and the newly packaged Da lenses are very modern and handsome.

I bumped into my only vague CRK contact and put the hard word on him. 'Im in the market for a new camera, should I buy a K5iis or wait?' His initial reply was 'Dont sell your full frame lenses'. When I pushed him further he indicated that a 24Mp camera will be revealed at Photokina (or whatever it's called) in Germany later this year.

09-14-2013, 04:02 AM - 1 Like   #482
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
I'm not one of those serial rumour starters. And take what I say with a grain of salt because it has no verification, but.....

I was at the big photo exhibition in Melbourne yesterday, and witnessed a nice colourful display of a wall full of multicoloured Q10's, and the newly packaged Da lenses are very modern and handsome.

I bumped into my only vague CRK contact and put the hard word on him. 'Im in the market for a new camera, should I buy a K5iis or wait?' His initial reply was 'Dont sell your full frame lenses'. When I pushed him further he indicated that a 24Mp camera will be revealed at Photokina (or whatever it's called) in Germany later this year.
There is no Photokina or whatever in Germany ahead of us this year. IFA was in Berlin but early September.

Next gatherings I have taken note of are:

- PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo (New-York, USA; 23-36 October)
- Salon de la Photo (Paris, France; 7-11 November)
- CES Consumer Electronics Show (Las Vegas, USA; 7-14 January 2014)
- CP+ (Yokohama, Japan; 13-16 February 2014).

Last edited by Mistral75; 09-14-2013 at 04:28 AM.
09-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #483
Pentaxian

That's CRK for you - they always seems to think there's a FF camera just around the corner, regularly tweeting about it
09-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #484
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
There is no Photokina or whatever in Germany ahead of us this year. IFA was in Berlin but early September.

Next gatherings I have taken note of are:

- PDN PhotoPlus International Conference + Expo (New-York, USA; 23-36 October)
- Salon de la Photo (Paris, France; 7-11 November)
- CES Consumer Electronics Show (Las Vegas, USA; 7-14 January 2014)
- CP+ (Yokohama, Japan; 13-16 February 2014).
To be fair to the CRK fella his words were 'In europe'. It is my paraphrasing which brings Photokina in to the discussion..

Anyway, as I say take it with a grain of salt

09-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #485
Banned

:
I'm not sure which CRK guy you've bumped into, but judging by my yesterday's impression from the Melbourne Photo Show, some of those guys have no idea what they're talking about. Plus, instead of stop talking nonsense and allowing people to try as many cameras as possible — like all the other representatives did (Olympus did it brilliantly) — they lock them behind glass, so you must stand in queue for 10-15 minutes, talk to them, ask them for a favour, and then they slowly, slowly, open the lock, hand you a camera, and then they feel obliged to enlighten you on things that don't matter.
They think the show is about them, and their CRK branded ties, and not about damn cameras and visitors having a great time.
09-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #486
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am certain Ricoh won't announce anything new on Photoplus, since they are not even there.
09-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #487
Veteran Member

To be fair to the CRK fella his words were 'In europe'. It is my paraphrasing which brings Photokina in to the discussion..

Anyway, as I say take it with a grain of salt
Salt? It's just more sand through the proverbial hour glass. Not everyone can wait forever.

09-14-2013, 06:26 AM   #488
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Like salt through the hour glass, thus are the days of our full frame vigil...
09-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #489
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I am certain Ricoh won't announce anything new on Photoplus, since they are not even there.
The GR, perhaps the K-3-equivalent for Ricoh brand, was announced in April and I'm not sure that many people outside Japan knew anything about it. The venue was private, organised by Ricoh and not associated with any show.
I expect a similar, low-profile announcement for anything related to Pentax this year too. Like those new flashes and DA Ltds with red ring.
09-14-2013, 06:28 AM   #490
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
They are not there yet. Not that I care all that much being from far away but there are a number of stands reserved, unoccupied or to be announced still.
09-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #491
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
They are not there yet. Not that I care all that much being from far away but there are a number of stands reserved, unoccupied or to be announced still.
I think Adam asked them, and Ricoh Imaging USA officially responded "No, we won't be there".
09-14-2013, 06:33 AM   #492
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
:my yesterday's impression from the Melbourne Photo Show.
Would have been great to meet you and bossa yesterday as we all seem to have been there. What a pity we didn't think to arrange something

I had the impression - mostly from your moniker - that you were from the outback.

We really should do something about getting a Melbourne Pentax group going.
09-14-2013, 06:37 AM   #493
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
I think Adam asked them, and Ricoh Imaging USA officially responded "No, we won't be there".
Sad...
09-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #494
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It appears Ricoh doesn't see the value in paying to show wares at Trade Shows. They (hopefully) will do other things with the money.
09-14-2013, 07:01 AM   #495
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It appears Ricoh doesn't see the value in paying to show wares at Trade Shows. They (hopefully) will do other things with the money.
Another answer would be that they think — as Ricoh's CEO has said in April when addressing the shareholders — that Ricoh's offer in photography industry is currently weak, and that they are working to make it stronger. Until that happens — nothing happens.