Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
08-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
two different lens roadmaps

If you open the pange from Pentax.jp, you'll see the newest lens roadmaps
but if you go to the site from Pentax.com (original American site), you'll be re-directed to English versions and those are January 2012 versions!!

Japanese (NEWish):

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/K_Mount_Lens.pdf
Modified 26/12/2012

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/Q_Mount_Lens.pdf
Modified 17/03/2013

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/645_Mount_Lens.pdf
Modified 26/09/2012

English (OOOLD:

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/lens/K_Mount_Lens.pdf
Modified 30/01/2012

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/lens/Q_Mount_Lens.pdf
Modified 30/01/2012

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/products/lens/645_Mount_Lens.pdf
Modified 30/01/2012

08-01-2013, 02:48 AM   #17
Pentaxian

It was the same with Pentax.jp English vs. Japanese sites.
08-01-2013, 04:40 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Why can't I let go of an impression that this whole Pentax and Ricoh Imaging "thing" is run nonchalantly as a backyard sidekick by someone whose real job, and interest, is something else ... say, making and selling copiers?
Making and selling copiers is the real job of Canon...
08-01-2013, 04:43 AM   #19

I got really excited reading the first post, thinking that this must be concrete evidence that a FF camera is coming. Then I read the rest ...

08-01-2013, 05:55 AM   #20
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by moochme Quote
I got really excited reading the first post, thinking that this must be concrete evidence that a FF camera is coming. Then I read the rest ...
Tell me about it ... I feel like an idiot, because in 10 minutes after the first exhilaration — and being blind to the obvious — I've found half a dozen incongruencies.

Last edited by Uluru; 08-01-2013 at 06:18 AM.
08-01-2013, 06:16 AM   #21
Banned

Interchangeable Lenses : Digital Cameras : Products | RICOH IMAGING

New Ricoh Imaging website shows a lot of FA lenses never recently listed in an official lineup, such as:
  • SMC PENTAX-FA 20mm-35mm F4 AL
  • SMC PENTAX-FA J 28mm-80mm F3.5-5.6AL
  • SMC PENTAX-FA 28mm-105mm F3.2-F4.5 AL [IF]
  • SMC PENTAX-FA J 75mm-300mm F4.5-F5.8AL

Very interesting ...
Well one off them is available overhere for more then one year (and the store even sold some copy's)

Pentax SMC FA 20-35mm f/4.0 AL objectief
08-01-2013, 06:22 AM   #22
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
If you open the pange from Pentax.jp, you'll see the newest lens roadmaps
but if you go to the site from Pentax.com (original American site), you'll be re-directed to English versions and those are January 2012 versions!!

Japanese (NEWish):

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/K_Mount_Lens.pdf
Modified 26/12/2012

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/Q_Mount_Lens.pdf
Modified 17/03/2013

http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/645_Mount_Lens.pdf
Modified 26/09/2012
For 645D the 600mm lens disappeared, that was allready noticed at PhotoKina.

08-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eurostar Quote
Making and selling copiers is the real job of Canon...
Before copiers it was laser printers, including the imaging engine of every Hewlett-Packard laser printer ever produced in the history of the universe (until the patents expired).
08-01-2013, 06:57 AM   #24
Veteran Member

If anything this suggests Pentax has the capability to manufacture FF lenses in the short term for the global market.

They have no choice but to come out with a FF cam. When? Who knows. Somehow they are gonna have to figure out a way to differentiate themselves. An APS-C DSLR using a legacy FF mount isn't gonna win over new users to the Pentax system.
08-01-2013, 07:01 AM   #25
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
If anything this suggests Pentax has the capability to manufacture FF lenses in the short term for the global market.

They have no choice but to come out with a FF cam. When? Who knows. Somehow they are gonna have to figure out a way to differentiate themselves. An APS-C DSLR using a legacy FF mount isn't gonna win over new users to the Pentax system.
Surely not. Current lineup is very weak, and even when reinforced with few more guns of the same caliber, it really needs something that comes with much more gunpowder.
08-01-2013, 07:02 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Interchangeable Lenses : Digital Cameras : Products | RICOH IMAGING

New Ricoh Imaging website shows a lot of FA lenses never recently listed in an official lineup, such as:
  • SMC PENTAX-FA 20mm-35mm F4 AL
  • SMC PENTAX-FA J 28mm-80mm F3.5-5.6AL
  • SMC PENTAX-FA 28mm-105mm F3.2-F4.5 AL [IF]
  • SMC PENTAX-FA J 75mm-300mm F4.5-F5.8AL

Very interesting ...
In other words they didn't really update any of the info at all. All of those were listed on the old Pentax-Ricoh site.
08-01-2013, 07:05 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Surely not. Current lineup is very weak, and even when reinforced with few more guns of the same caliber, it really needs something that comes with much more gunpowder.
No argument here. Those lenses could be a short-term solution, though.
08-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #28
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
For 645D the 600mm lens disappeared, that was allready noticed at PhotoKina.
Well, I give up — I can't understand a thing. Those lens roadmaps posted now and those that were before are totally confusing, because the newer were before, these older are now, and mixed up differently on English and Japanese websites.
08-01-2013, 07:11 AM   #29
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krebsy75 Quote
No argument here. Those lenses could be a short-term solution, though.
Well, I think that too.
But did you see the list of lenses recently *discontinued* from the Japanese market? There is one tab, at the very top, just click on it. I think couple of FA lenses are discontinued, and two of the lenses listed are FA 300/2.8 and FA 600/4. Go figure ...
08-01-2013, 09:26 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Well, I give up — I can't understand a thing. Those lens roadmaps posted now and those that were before are totally confusing, because the newer were before, these older are now, and mixed up differently on English and Japanese websites.
It's remarkable isn't? Pentax/Ricoh is a global company - not the largest in its line of business but of a certain site. Still their communication and general presence on the net seems to be without anything that resembles a strategy (except, "say as little as you can possibly get away with!) I have been a web professional for what is possibly the largest organization in my country (and that place could be chaotic too!) and I still do some freelance work. Pentax' performance is the kind of stuff people write articles about with "Don't do like this!" tagged onto them.

They have so many possiblities to reach out and do stuff on the net that people would love to read but there is nothing but the occasional tutorial on Facebook. It begins to worry me a bit because I suspect the organization is just not there yet. And the takeover was what - almost two years ago?

The last time I went to their website and had a look around it was because I wanted to download the raw converter and in the end I found out I had to copy the URL and change it manually - the link was broken with the consequence that you actually don't get what the link says but the earlier version. There are so many obstructions like this. I am positive that someone in the organization have gotten the job of being in charge of their web strategy without wanting the job or having the skills. Believe me, I have seen that happen myself and I have worked with people saying stuff like: "I am told to update and all that, but I tell you this - I am not doing it!" Because they didn't understand how the system worked and were afraid of the damn thing. I would not be surprised if this is actually an older list in a nice table layout and nobody knows how to update it. And then ... well, what the heck let's just put it on shall we!