Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

08-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #167
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
2013... definitely ..
less than 1 month!

btw, just got my first 120 film back with PENTAX 67II..... and I think it is easier than I think to shoot with film. So I will be shooting 67II while waiting for Digital FF.

08-08-2013, 11:01 AM   #168
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I've been saying that for years. But what I want to know is where are the moderators? A thread that should have been closed after the first page has gone on for 11 pages and has become about FF.
We don't generally close threads due to drift, or having become irrelevant, etc.
The last time I was in Barnes & Noble, as I was walking through to the hobbies section, I noticed a few books on quilting. I thought to myself "That's ridiculous. I'm going to the manager and tell him to take those off of the shelf, they're of no interest to me so they shouldn't even be here."
Then I thought Hmmmm, maybe I should just ignore them and read something else. After all, it's not like they were the only books in the place.
08-08-2013, 11:14 AM   #169
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
We don't generally close threads due to drift, or having become irrelevant, etc.
The last time I was in Barnes & Noble, as I was walking through to the hobbies section, I noticed a few books on quilting. I thought to myself "That's ridiculous. I'm going to the manager and tell him to take those off of the shelf, they're of no interest to me so they shouldn't even be here."
Then I thought Hmmmm, maybe I should just ignore them and read something else. After all, it's not like they were the only books in the place.
See I would have thought it should be closed because it is no longer a news or rumor thread but a FF thread and there is a proper forum for that. There is also another pages long thread on the same non-topic already...

08-08-2013, 12:15 PM - 2 Likes   #170
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
See I would have thought it should be closed because it is no longer a news or rumor thread but a FF thread and there is a proper forum for that. There is also another pages long thread on the same non-topic already...
Okay, Adam may fire me as a moderator for this, but I'm going to divulge a secret.
We are currently, secretly, in contact with Guinness, (the Book of World Records people). We believe we are strong contenders for the "Most Threads Morphed to Full Frame in an Internet Photography Forum" record; and in honor of that we are running a secret contest. The one trillionth person to post "If Pentax doesn't come out with a FF soon, I'm leaving!" (or some variation of that) wins a genuine Pentax M42 adapter.

Shhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell anybody though..........................
08-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #171
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Okay, Adam may fire me as a moderator for this, but I'm going to divulge a secret.
We are currently, secretly, in contact with Guinness, (the Book of World Records people). We believe we are strong contenders for the "Most Threads Morphed to Full Frame in an Internet Photography Forum" record; and in honor of that we are running a secret contest. The one trillionth person to post "If Pentax doesn't come out with a FF soon, I'm leaving!" (or some variation of that) wins a genuine Pentax M42 adapter.

1. So this is a double-twisted hedge attempt to get fired as a Moderator, and
  2. How will you get your hands on the Genuine Pentax M42 Adapter?
08-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #172
Pentaxian

I read this:
We are currently, secretly, in contact with Guinness,
and thought, things are getting interesting.
Imagine my disappointment when I found out it's:
Guinness, (the Book of World Records people).
and not Guinness Brewery!

08-08-2013, 12:38 PM   #173
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
How will you get your hands on the Genuine Pentax M42 Adapter?
I'll start looking eBay once we hit about 2 trillion, 999 billion no-FF-no-Pentax posts.
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So this is a double-twisted hedge attempt to get fired as a Moderator,
No, not at all. It's just that by nature I can't resit spreading good news and cheer.
08-08-2013, 04:29 PM   #174
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll start looking eBay once we hit about 2 trillion, 999 billion no-FF-no-Pentax posts.No, not at all. It's just that by nature I can't resit spreading good news and cheer.
I hope you understand the default smiley failed to post
08-15-2013, 06:48 AM   #175
Veteran Member

LOL. Will the said M42 adapter support full frame or not?
08-16-2013, 01:22 AM   #176

Oh yes! A FF Ricoh M42
08-16-2013, 07:54 AM   #177
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MouLaG Ôfr Quote
Oh yes! A FF Ricoh M42
I'll be first in line for that! All my "cheap" M42 lenses suddenly double in financial value!

Then they can make M42-2 mounts: old
M42 lenses with wireless aperture control!
08-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #178
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
In the latest interview (click here for Google translation), Mr. Kawauchi from Ricoh Imaging stated, in short:

Pentax is there to stay.

In his own (translated) words:
– Yes, Pentax will always exist at the product level,
– In the future, in the professional field's name is still a Pentax.

Thus I believe we can at least relax regarding those two issues, especially in the wake of recent website address changes. Personally I'm glad to hear that clear confirmation.

However, I have understood from the interview that some non-system, *compact* cameras are still under question re exact branding. They may be branded either as Pentax or Ricoh. Which isn't any news, really, because that same issue was stated a while ago.

only blabla, where are the facts?
08-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #179
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
only blabla, where are the facts?
Facts :
- First Pentax name and logo are renamed to "Pentax, a Ricoh company", so people can associate Pentax and Ricoh in their subconscious
- Then Pentax name and logo are dropped from all the corporate websites and social networks, replaced by "Ricoh Imaging". On these websites the emphasis is put on products names (K-50, Q7, GR, ...) instead of brands
- Pentax.com no longer exists, redirects to ricoh-imaging.co.jp

Last edited by NickLarsson; 08-18-2013 at 03:31 AM.
08-18-2013, 04:15 AM   #180
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
Facts : - First Pentax name and logo are renamed to "Pentax, a Ricoh company", so people can associate Pentax and Ricoh in their subconscious - Then Pentax name and logo are dropped from all the corporate websites and social networks, replaced by "Ricoh Imaging". On these websites the emphasis is put on products names (K-50, Q7, GR, ...) instead of brands - Pentax.com no longer exists, redirects to ricoh-imaging.co.jp
... and the Pentax logo has been redesigned (losing its iconic red colour), and the "default" brand on the camera products website is "Ricoh" (notice the GR and other Ricoh cameras are not branded). Pentax appears very much a secondary, sub brand.