Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 32 Likes Search this Thread
08-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #91
Pentaxian

But some are smaller volume than others

08-06-2013, 01:03 PM   #92

@ Kunzite

The main problem with Pentax for me right now is ( as the last 2 years) that you dont have any clue if you can trust statements like that, or if it is just some kind of "please stay with us, we are working on it" pleading.

I even cant believe that developing a FF-DSLR is SOO complex that you need MORE then 1 1/2 years ( not to mention a very likely delay and that they startet some time ago)

And this is my problem with Pentax as a dslr manufacturer, do they deliver, or is it just some shit-chat
08-06-2013, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #93
Pentaxian

The tight-lipped Ricoh, who wouldn't say anything about the next camera to be released, would blatantly lie about working on a FF camera? No chance.
And, about the development time, we don't know how much it should take - do we? Pentax/Ricoh is working on several projects at once, with limited resources, while fighting to reorganize and put everything together. This FF should easily be their most ambitious project in a long time, I'm not surprised it can't be done in the blink of an eye.

Your problem is bashing. It's understandable if you need/want something and can't wait, but please don't decide a future product you know nothing about it's junk.
08-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #94
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
Haha Pentax FF in 2015

Seriously i cant stop laughing.....
Its like 2010 all over again "on Photokina 2012 they will show a FF"

Most likely it will be some kind of "low end " FF, like the D600 but with a 5d Mark II AF-System.....in 2015......

I havn't seen anything of "value" being added to the Pentax Portfolio.
Mostly Cheapo-Lenses and Bodies ( which are nice, but some kind of dispensable) and the "ooh so funny" 560mm/f5,6 with a bold price tag.....
What I have heard, they will give Nikon D4 run for its money.

08-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #95
Pentaxian

I doubt that; it's a too ambitious goal, and it would be too expensive.
08-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #96
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
But on the other hand: building a me too camera is simply not an option.
08-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #97
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
I still think any close-to-professional FF camera with have some kind of LX design DNA somewhere - something groundbreaking and totally "Pentax," even if it is only a design philosophy. If Pentax took their dSLR lines back to the MESuper / MX / LX progression - if even only philosophically - we'd all certainly know they were Pentax cameras. Then your Ricoh's could be the exciting fixed lens lines, Q is your phone fighter -- wouldn't all of that quiet the doubters!!

08-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #98
Pentaxian

There are many options in between the pro beast and the me too camera; I think Pentax will chose one of them.
08-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
What I have heard, they will give Nikon D4 run for its money.
Technology-wise, that would be nice. Practically... would have to mount Nikkor lenses to give the D4 a run for its money.
08-06-2013, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #100
Veteran Member

I just wanted to point something out

Post #70
QuoteOriginally posted by NickLarsson Quote
Thank you for your translation!
But this...doesn't sound very promising to me. Is it a japanese way of saying "no FF before 2015" ?
Post #89
Haha Pentax FF in 2015
Seriously i cant stop laughing.....
Its like 2010 all over again "on Photokina 2012 they will show a FF"
Most likely it will be some kind of "low end " FF, like the D600 but with a 5d Mark II AF-System.....in 2015......
This must be some sort of record, to go from a hypothesis to fact in 19 posts!

Welcome to PentaxForums, where every day is the Zombie Apocalypse!

08-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
This must be some sort of record, to go from a hypothesis to fact in 19 posts!

Welcome to PentaxForums, where every day is the Zombie Apocalypse!

These threads are great. The ignore list fills up quickly.
08-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This is worse than the K-01 spring.
A wise man once told me to be of good cheer. I suggest that you heed those words.

I take comfort in the fact that none of my Pentax cameras have ears or access to PentaxForums; all this ado has no bearing on their (or my) ability to take photos.
08-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #103
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
A wise man once told me to be of good cheer. I suggest that you heed those words.

I take comfort in the fact that none of my Pentax cameras have ears or access to PentaxForums; all this ado has no bearing on their (or my) ability to take photos.
Indeed. It has come around
08-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
@ Kunzite

The main problem with Pentax for me right now is ( as the last 2 years) that you dont have any clue if you can trust statements like that, or if it is just some kind of "please stay with us, we are working on it" pleading.

I even cant believe that developing a FF-DSLR is SOO complex that you need MORE then 1 1/2 years ( not to mention a very likely delay and that they startet some time ago)

And this is my problem with Pentax as a dslr manufacturer, do they deliver, or is it just some shit-chat
It's not the complexity. It's the cost for the volume of people who might buy it.

FF = $2,000 body because the starting costs for the sensor and supporting electronics pushes $600. That's before you put a body around it and prism, et.

Pentax could do it, but they'd bleed money unless they sold bucketloads of lenses alongside. Canon and Nikon have about 40+ FF lenses each so the straddle the market with variety and price points. HOw is Pentax with a single FF body going to suddenly put out the necessary 8 lenses at start and up to 15 with 24 months?

Those are investment sin the 10's of millions of $$'s.

So it's not the complexity...
08-06-2013, 06:50 PM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It is if you keep the K-mount.

The DSLR is a mature technology. The amount of innovation is limited and marginal, now mostly driven by processing and algorithms.