Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Ricoh is holding an event at ITC Gardenia, Benguluru on Sept 13-14 to showcase all their products. They have also scheduled one tentatively for New Delhi on Oct 25-26, Mumbai 21-22 Dec and probably will roll into the other metropolitan areas.

09-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jhaji Quote
Ricoh is holding an event at ITC Gardenia, Benguluru on Sept 13-14 to showcase all their products. They have also scheduled one tentatively for New Delhi on Oct 25-26, Mumbai 21-22 Dec and probably will roll into the other metropolitan areas.
Yep that is right. But this still does not answer the OPs question about the date of actual availability and sale. And the larger question: who is going to sell the gear and lenses? Mom & Pop Stores, existing camera stores, electronic super chains, super markets, on-line ?
Of course sooner or later ads are bound to appear in photo magazines, the daily papers, on Forums like this one, & so on.

I buy all my gear abroad as I get terrific prices on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Xmas, Christmas, New Year, Boxing Day sales etc.

Any way, we wish Pentax - Ricoh India lots of good luck.
09-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #48
bxf
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nanhi Quote
...India with a mind boggling base of educated Graduate Indians - the biggest in the world.
What a coincidence!
09-09-2013, 07:18 AM   #49
Veteran Member

good .would like to see pentax come again to egyption market.It is also a big market and pentax has a good history there.

09-10-2013, 03:08 AM   #50
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
With prices for Pentax getting more expensive, why would Ricoh/Pentax go into India now? Any ideas?
I absolutely second your questions, we can sit back and contemplate - It will be very interesting to see what pricing strategy Pentax adopts to enter the Indian market. Sony, Canon and Nikon have a strong base in Indian market. I have my doubts Pentax would reduce price drastically. There is always a fear of products leaking to gray market and then being sold overseas.

With the GDP dipping around 5% is just a ripple effect. The actual effects of this process would show up an year or two later.

So yeah I can see that Pentax might sell a piece or two in India. Its major sellers would be the mid-range K-50 and K-500.

Cheers!
09-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #51
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deedee Quote
I absolutely second your questions, we can sit back and contemplate - It will be very interesting to see what pricing strategy Pentax adopts to enter the Indian market. Sony, Canon and Nikon have a strong base in Indian market. I have my doubts Pentax would reduce price drastically. There is always a fear of products leaking to gray market and then being sold overseas.
With the GDP dipping around 5% is just a ripple effect. The actual effects of this process would show up an year or two later.
So yeah I can see that Pentax might sell a piece or two in India. Its major sellers would be the mid-range K-50 and K-500.
Cheers!
Well said Deedee. See my thread above. For this reason I have been buying all my Pentax Stuff, lenses and gear in the US or Canada. I get the best prices and deals in the world on Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Boxing Day, Pre/Post Xmas and New Year Sales.
Plus Thrift Shops, Pawn Brokers, Mom & Pop Camera Stores, Garage Sales, Flea Market, Goodwill sell Legacy Lenses for $ 10 to 15 a piece.
So If the prices are unpleasant in India, I am insured and assured.
Regards.