Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
08-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I love the self-written self-descriptions of those in the business community. Most people would blush to write such things about themselves. Ah well, I hope he can actually help with Pentax's marketing in a positive way. I know what I'd tell him he ought to do first, but then I bet some here could guess.
Tell him to stick his dignitas up his gravitas?

08-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #77

Photos: Gallery
I haven't seen it in the previous 6 pages, so....

Pentax is dooooomed!

...sigh...
08-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by noser Quote
I haven't seen it in the previous 6 pages, so....

Pentax is dooooomed!

...sigh...
Why are you here?
08-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
If they do drop the K mount that means I will be able to pickup K5iis a dime a dozen and so many lovely K mount lenses I don't have yet, at rock bottom prices.
That'll hold me till I die.

C'mon Ricoh - drop the K!

JK
Well, I've got to believe that the Pentax brand won't be dropped, however if they did I'd do the same thing.. buy a couple K5ii bodies and some more lenses at discount prices and that would hold me the rest of my life. I'm a Pentax guy and have been so for more than 40 years and if I lived long enough to need a bunch more gear I wouldn't buy from the company that killed Pentax.... guess I'd have to look at Nikon or Canon...

Bob

08-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #80
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I love the self-written self-descriptions of those in the business community. Most people would blush to write such things about themselves. .....
yeah
I want to be a 'thought leader' too
08-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
Well, I've got to believe that the Pentax brand won't be dropped, however if they did I'd do the same thing.. buy a couple K5ii bodies and some more lenses at discount prices and that would hold me the rest of my life. I'm a Pentax guy and have been so for more than 40 years and if I lived long enough to need a bunch more gear I wouldn't buy from the company that killed Pentax.... guess I'd have to look at Nikon or Canon...

Bob
Blame Hoya, Sparx and Mr. Fumio Urano for Pentax' lost independence. And, of course, blame Pentax own weakness which, betrayal aside, made it possible.
Ricoh simply bought a camera division which was for sale.
08-20-2013, 03:28 PM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Blame Hoya, Sparx and Mr. Fumio Urano for Pentax' lost independence. And, of course, blame Pentax own weakness which, betrayal aside, made it possible.
Ricoh simply bought a camera division which was for sale.
Well you could blame Phillips for not delivering the promised sensor for the MX-D. Or 80's management for the ME-F instead of Minolta. Or 70's management for allowing Olympus to sandbag them. Or 60's management for sticking to screwmount - goodness, that let Canon and Nikon in the game!

The only thing that matters is, "What are you gonna do about it?".

08-20-2013, 03:35 PM   #83
Pentaxian

I forgot to say that I would rather use a more constructive approach than looking for someone to blame
08-20-2013, 04:17 PM   #84
Veteran Member

In light of the recent 35 & 50 fiasco with the Official Pentax webstore and the letter from the new "thought leader" for online, leading edge, marketing - how has he handled this first official issue since his announced assumption of his duties?
08-20-2013, 04:53 PM   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In light of the recent 35 & 50 fiasco with the Official Pentax webstore and the letter from the new "thought leader" for online, leading edge, marketing - how has he handled this first official issue since his announced assumption of his duties?
Not sure the process of "handling" is complete yet. Note the letter was sent to PENTAX Forums members, not RIAC customers. At this point it appears we were early in the outreach and correction process, which is meaningful. At the very least we were singled out for a direct apology.
08-20-2013, 11:15 PM   #86
Pentaxian

I missed that - what fiasco? Could you please give me any detail about it, and a link to the letter as well? Thanks.
08-21-2013, 06:29 AM   #87
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
See this: (the letter is on the last page of the thread
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-price-watch/234196-pentax-35mm-150...enses-too.html
And this:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/general-photography-industry/234815-penta...ml#post2484865

And don't forget the popcorn and antacids.
08-22-2013, 01:42 AM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jamarley Quote
Whoops :-)

(I don't quite understand why the 50/1.8 is more expensive than the 35/2.4, though!)