Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2013, 04:55 AM   #286
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Aristophanes Quote
Oh. You must be using 500px then, right?

That's where all the cool, good photographers go I heard.

Except the astounding ones at Fred Miranda. They are too cool for any of that.
lolol

09-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #287
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Any complain about DA 645 25mm SDM failure ?
09-13-2013, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #288
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
To quote the OP
QuoteOriginally posted by Pande Quote
Where is Ricoh leading the Pentax brand?
Can we get back to the original topic?
09-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #289
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
To quote the OP Can we get back to the original topic?
Thank you monochrome.

I expect this thread has run its course, but just to add my 2 bits and get things back on topic...

From the outside looking in, I am in general satisfied with how Ricoh has managed Pentax; which is to say, as a serious brand. I'm not thrilled with the crazy 50%+++ price hikes on some lenses, to be sure. But my FEELING (which is only that) is that they have been making only modest, low investment changes to their lineup while they move ahead behind the scenes. Some seem to see this as stagnation or milking the same tired product lines to death, but I don't see it that way personally. The K-5II, K-50/500, HD Ltds, WR flashes, etc are not revolutionary products that move a company forward, but they are things that a good manufacturer and marketer of cameras should do as a matter of course--incrementally improve existing products to increase performance, value, and of course profit.

As a (unabashed) fan of the Pentax brand, I am impatient with the pace of new releases. I can't wait to see what they come up with. And no, they can't sit on the K-5 platform forever. PRIME II is begging to be updated with focus peaking and other goodies.

At risk of really rambling, I will stop here.

09-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #290
Veteran Member

If you check the 'Most Liked' list, you can see the truth:

The Ricoh way…..
-Monochrome

09-15-2013, 07:08 PM   #291
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
I think you're mistaken. This is NOT a photography forum. This is, by and large, a GEAR and PRODUCT forum. Photography is incidental and composed of only a tiny portion of this forum's theme. DPR is the same. Photography forums generally don't generate incomes. Selling and advertising for products does. That's why Amazon owns DPR and that's why forums like this are heavily involved in referring for products. It's too bad they don't offer referrals to generate incomes for photographers, but that is not their goal.

When you're on a real photography forum, you will know it. In fact, I'm a contributor to a megathread on a private forum composed of many talented photographers, including several that are pros. The moment gear themes come up that might resemble this forum or DPR, people are utterly brutalized for it. That is a photography thread. We talk techniques there and artistic interpretations and give each other ideas of things we can do. We've all brought each other up with it and promote our own work.

Forums like this are GEAR forums. You need to know the difference and passing it off as a "photography" forum is not going to make it one, ever.
What the...?!
09-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #292
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Thank you monochrome.

I expect this thread has run its course, but just to add my 2 bits and get things back on topic...

From the outside looking in, I am in general satisfied with how Ricoh has managed Pentax; which is to say, as a serious brand. I'm not thrilled with the crazy 50%+++ price hikes on some lenses, to be sure. But my FEELING (which is only that) is that they have been making only modest, low investment changes to their lineup while they move ahead behind the scenes. Some seem to see this as stagnation or milking the same tired product lines to death, but I don't see it that way personally. The K-5II, K-50/500, HD Ltds, WR flashes, etc are not revolutionary products that move a company forward, but they are things that a good manufacturer and marketer of cameras should do as a matter of course--incrementally improve existing products to increase performance, value, and of course profit.

As a (unabashed) fan of the Pentax brand, I am impatient with the pace of new releases. I can't wait to see what they come up with. And no, they can't sit on the K-5 platform forever. PRIME II is begging to be updated with focus peaking and other goodies.

At risk of really rambling, I will stop here.
what New releases?

09-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #293
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The soon to be released K5IIIS HD
10-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #294

Original Poster
K-3

Then the K-3 arrived....
I think this shows that Ricoh is serious about the Pentax brand. Hope this will lead to more new Pentax products from the R folks. (the bad thing then, is that i will still suffer from GAS....)