Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-23-2008, 11:41 PM   #1

Pentax sighting in new movie.

New movie "Shutter" another horror remake.

There I was sitting though the previews at the cinemas.. and suddenly my attention is grabbed even though horror movies really don't interest me.
The big difference in this case is this.

Is this a new direction in marketing Pentax cameras? "Spirit Photography"
I wonder if this was a paid Ad or not. Ned B?

You can clearly see the DA 18-55mm kit lens in the photo but can't quite tell what the model of the body is.
From the size I would guess it would not be a K10D... definitely not a K20D.
K100D? or a *ist??

For any one interested here is the trailer.
YouTube - Shutter (2008) Theatrical Trailer
Its a remake of a Thai horror flick. In that one.. it was Canon's and Mamiyas.

I'm not sure what the other camera is in the trailer.. I bet the more informed members here can enlighten me. From this screen shot its not as clear but on the big screen you can see its a Carl Zeiss lens.

Personally I won't be watching the movie but would anyone else here will watch this just for a Pentax sighting?
Cheers
Shang

03-24-2008, 12:13 AM   #2
Inactive Account

lol, i doubt it .... i did see the pentax logo jump out at me in the tv movie trailer though...
03-24-2008, 12:57 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Looks like an old Hassy to me. Although what it's doing on that cheap looking tripod...

Frank.
03-24-2008, 07:29 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I went. Now, I'm a film moron and a thriller naif, but the movie wasn't all that good. One moment of tingles all the way to my toes (and not at the sight of the cameras either), and the final images stay with me reminding me of Miazaki. (guess I'm not a total moron...)

Cameras spotted: initial wedding pictures: a MF Pentax. The wife uses a red p&s digital. The hubby, a pro, uses the Hassy - interestingly, only one body, and sometimes it seems to take pics by itself... and he doesn't always remember to wind the crank between shots ... There's a couple of Leicas, including a digital one. And the hubby's creepy friend uses a K100D as part of his casting couch setup - and the ghost uses it as a murder weapon. (perhaps a warning about too much chimping...) The only other intersting bit is that we see a worker using Photoshop to add spirit images to a photo, for a Japanese spirit photography magazine.