Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2013, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #256
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Greater Montreal Area
Posts: 736
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
This place is starting to sound like dpreview. Just a bunch of whiners, many of whom have already left Pentax, but come back spitting venom over anything and everything done by a company who frankly is making smart business decisions. I guess the problem for many is Ricoh/Pentax isn't dying as fast as they had hoped.

Green or Red ring, seriously? Who gives a f#$k? There is a green ring on the kit lens and consumer lenses, its called differentiation. No more logo tackily glued on the front, its called cost savings, production efficiency and more elegant design. Nobody bitching in this thread would even want to buy these anyways as they already have the old versions, or a Nikon FF and guess what? They arent made for you anyways...they are made for new customers and new products to come. Prices are a bit high to start? Yeah its Pentax that is how every release starts off...

The problem with Ricoh and Pentax is not the company or their products it is the negativity of a bunch of cranky old whiners tired of their hobby with nothing better to do than put down progress and cry about everything that they have no intent on purchasing.
+1

People need to go out and take pictures.

08-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #257
Pentaxian
Franc's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hoevelaken
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 971
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
This place is starting to sound like dpreview. Just a bunch of whiners, many of whom have already left Pentax, but come back spitting venom over anything and everything done by a company who frankly is making smart business decisions. I guess the problem for many is Ricoh/Pentax isn't dying as fast as they had hoped.

Green or Red ring, seriously? Who gives a f#$k? There is a green ring on the kit lens and consumer lenses, its called differentiation. No more logo tackily glued on the front, its called cost savings, production efficiency and more elegant design. Nobody bitching in this thread would even want to buy these anyways as they already have the old versions, or a Nikon FF and guess what? They arent made for you anyways...they are made for new customers and new products to come. Prices are a bit high to start? Yeah its Pentax that is how every release starts off...

The problem with Ricoh and Pentax is not the company or their products it is the negativity of a bunch of cranky old whiners tired of their hobby with nothing better to do than put down progress and cry about everything that they have no intent on purchasing.
couldn't say it better!
08-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #258
New Member




Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1
Next disappointment from Pentax

No real innovation. Only old stuff in new colours with minor improvements like it was with the Pentax K-5 II, K-50, MX-1 or the K-01.
08-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #259
Pentaxian
johnmflores's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somerville, NJ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 5,264
QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
+1

People need to go out and take pictures.
I think we should respond to the negativity with photobombs




08-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #260
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 3,994
QuoteOriginally posted by toldo Quote
No real innovation. Only old stuff in new colours with minor improvements like it was with the Pentax K-5 II, K-50, MX-1 or the K-01.
What innovations would you expect to see in small primes? Going with a wider aperture would require a larger lens. I think the only thing missing from the upgrade was weather sealing and that's also a minor improvement instead of an innovation. Lately all the innovative lenses seem to be coming from Sigma and Samyang, but none of their new lenses are ultracompact primes.
08-28-2013, 10:04 AM - 2 Likes   #261
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 22,721
I conclude that responding to negativity just keeps the thread alive. Reading negativity just keeps me depressed. Why don't we just give all the negative complainers a thread to complain on and leave them in there to complain to each other?

This one will do for a start.
08-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #262
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand.
Posts: 328
QuoteOriginally posted by toldo Quote
Next disappointment from Pentax
No real innovation. Only old stuff in new colours with minor improvements like it was with the Pentax K-5 II, K-50, MX-1 or the K-01.
More "Green eggs and ham".......
08-28-2013, 10:29 AM - 1 Like   #263
Pentaxian
Fogel70's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,920
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I conclude that responding to negativity just keeps the thread alive. Reading negativity just keeps me depressed. Why don't we just give all the negative complainers a thread to complain on and leave them in there to complain to each other?

This one will do for a start.
I think we also would need a thread for complainers complaining on complainers..

08-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #264
Senior Member
siamthai's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Svealand
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 172
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I conclude that responding to negativity just keeps the thread alive. Reading negativity just keeps me depressed. Why don't we just give all the negative complainers a thread to complain on and leave them in there to complain to each other?

This one will do for a start.
Why feel like that? For me it's ok with people having different opinions. If everybody would be only positive all the time it would be nothing but boring reading these threads so i welcome both negative, positive and neutral comments
08-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #265
Veteran Member




Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Madison, Wis., USA
Posts: 1,510
QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I think we also would need a thread for complainers complaining on complainers..
I think that's a lousy idea. Whom do I complain to about it?
08-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #266
Pentaxian
shiner's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N GA USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,618
A K-5 with a silver HD Ltd would look cool on the PF banner at the top of the page.
08-28-2013, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #267
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,122
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I conclude that responding to negativity just keeps the thread alive. Reading negativity just keeps me depressed. Why don't we just give all the negative complainers a thread to complain on and leave them in there to complain to each other?

This one will do for a start.
Is complaining about your favourite brand disappearing so quickly that strange then?
08-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #268
Pentaxian
Fogel70's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,920
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
I think that's a lousy idea. Whom do I complain to about it?
You need a written complaint sent to all members of the secret PentaxForum committee..
08-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #269
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 10,814
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Is complaining about your favourite brand disappearing so quickly that strange then?
For Pete's sake, new Pentax branded products were announced today.
08-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #270
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,333
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Is complaining about your favourite brand disappearing so quickly that strange then?
Nothing is disappearing. That's just silliness. Who cares if every new product is targeted at the people who live in these forums? At least there is new stuff coming. How any one can read that as a death knell is beyond me.

Last edited by Rondec; 08-28-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
da, f2.8, hd, lenses, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, silver, versions
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale - Sold: Pentax FA 31mm f/1.8 Limited (black), Sigma UV HD 58mm CWyatt Sold Items 3 05-11-2013 10:57 PM
For Sale - Sold: DA Limited 21mm / DA Limited 35mm Macro / DA Limited 70mm top-quark Sold Items 3 04-23-2013 05:01 AM
For Sale - Sold: SMCP Pentax-DA 15mm F/4 ED AL Limited and SMCP Pentax-DA 70mm f/2.4 Limited Lenses Yosemite Sold Items 3 04-02-2013 05:29 PM
UV filters for DA limited lenses top-quark Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 8 04-25-2012 06:34 AM
For Sale - Sold: [EU] Pentax system, K10d, lenses (DA, DA Limited, DA*, F, M, K, Tak), flash jensm Sold Items 24 02-04-2010 04:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:14 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top