Show Printable Version 169 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2013, 07:07 AM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
K-30 becomes K-50
DA Limiteds with SMC become DA Limiteds with HD

Where is the new stuff?
It will come, but it's still good to see the "old stuff" improved, even incrementally.

08-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #32
Forum Member

At least its HD Pentax and not HD Ricoh...
08-27-2013, 07:15 AM - 9 Likes   #33
Pentaxian

If they already have an awesome product and want to make small worthy updates to it, that is all good I think.

My my, this place is so negative.

Yesterday I was telling a friend of mine (a longtime Canon user) about all the primes that Pentax has available, and other lens in general, and he was pretty impressed. Even though Canon has twice as many lens available, primes is what he likes and he didn't know Pentax has all that good stuff for very reasonable prices (compared to Canikon especially).

Also, people are forgetting that it's not just the HD coating (if they have that coating process, why not upgrade the Limiteds to it?), but also the rounded blades. That should help the bokeh of every lens, perhaps even sharpness. This is not a minor thing.

But I understand this place is more concerned about novelty and being sometimes more excited about new gear rather than taking pictures in the real world, so the negativity is kind of expected. I understand that people that do demanding photo work will appreciate what Pentax is doing. As we say in Brazil, 'if the team is winning you don't mess with its game'. Pentax primes are awesome and if this is a sign that Ricoh is committed to them in the longer term, then I'm very happy about these news.
08-27-2013, 07:17 AM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Warpig Quote
*Drops mic*

*Walks out of the thread*

That was just beautiful

08-27-2013, 07:20 AM   #35
Inactive Account

If you ask me, this is great news. Great lenses will become a bit better.
08-27-2013, 07:22 AM - 1 Like   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
If they already have an awesome product and want to make small worthy updates to it, that is all good I think.

My my, this place is so negative.

Yesterday I was telling a friend of mine (a longtime Canon user) about all the primes that Pentax has available, and other lens in general, and he was pretty impressed. Even though Canon has twice as many lens available, primes is what he likes and he didn't know Pentax has all that good stuff for very reasonable prices (compared to Canikon especially).

Also, people are forgetting that it's not just the HD coating (if they have that coating process, why not upgrade the Limiteds to it?), but also the rounded blades. That should help the bokeh of every lens, perhaps even sharpness. This is not a minor thing.

But I understand this place is more concerned about novelty and being sometimes more excited about new gear rather than taking pictures in the real world, so the negativity is kind of expected. I understand that people that do demanding photo work will appreciate what Pentax is doing. As we say in Brazil, 'if the team is winning you don't mess with its game'. Pentax primes are awesome and if this is a sign that Ricoh is committed to them in the longer term, then I'm very happy about these news.
Well said. Couldn't agree more.
08-27-2013, 07:23 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
*Drops mic*

*Walks out of the thread*

That was just beautiful
On other Forums that is referred to as a "Thread Winner," meaning there is no further reason to continue posting to the thread.

08-27-2013, 07:28 AM   #38
Pentaxian

If it's "HD Asahiflex" or even "HD Tower", I don't care, as long as it's the same good product.
08-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #39
Banned

Well maybe we also get a new 28mm Limited lens at some point. The lensline is not dead, so new items can be added.
08-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #40
Veteran Member

New font scheme makes it sort of look like a zeiss. Along with the red ring (canon). I did like the green one more, though. It's a signature Pentax thing...
08-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #41

I think this is good news. All of those limited lenses are well-appreciated already, and this would improve them even more. I want to buy some limited lenses at some point, so this is great for people like me who are just starting out. One thing though, WR was not added. I suppose that would have increased the cost and possibly weight or size.
08-27-2013, 07:38 AM   #42
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by NitroDC Quote
New font scheme makes it sort of look like a zeiss. Along with the red ring (canon). I did like the green one more, though. It's a signature Pentax thing...
Pentax shows Ltd's as a luxury item. Red definitely has a more luxurious look than green.
The new design looks really awesome to me!
08-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #43
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by snake Quote
Cool, this will mean that there will be habitual upgraders dumping their lenses on the used market.
Yes please. Perhaps I can finally afford a DA21
08-27-2013, 07:40 AM   #44
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Apapukas Quote
Pentax shows Ltd's as a luxury item. Red definitely has a more luxurious look than green.
The new design looks really awesome to me!
green looks better to me. BUT, red could look a lot better with silver
08-27-2013, 07:42 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
They probably had to make a compromise, so they could only remove one Pentax label.
The silver Pentax label on the base is removed and replaced by aperture/focal length.