Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 169 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #61

I wonder if this means that the original limited lenses will be sold at a reduced price (maybe in line with the prices before the price increase in the USA).

08-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kenntak Quote
I wonder if this means that the original limited lenses will be sold at a reduced price (maybe in line with the prices before the price increase in the USA).
Only to clear old stocks I would think.
08-27-2013, 08:32 AM - 2 Likes   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I agree. Red is Canon L.

I have the 40 and 70 Limited lenses ...I like the green...'Pentax' green in my view.
Oh man - will we re-do the Limited version of the Forum t-shirt? Now my green-stripe shirt tells the world I'm behind the times...
08-27-2013, 08:39 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
Only to clear old stocks I would think.
But I don't think Pentax a large stock on these lenses, so it might be up to the retailer to sell them out or not.

08-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #65
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Perhaps they removed the Pentax logo to make it look more timeless. Pre-80s lenses didn't have brand logos as far as I know. Companies change their logo fonts more frequently than the period I want to keep using my lenses. My DA21 looks a bit strange with the classic font on the K-01, for example. The different fonts clash.
08-27-2013, 08:49 AM   #66
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
but I don't like that they changed the colour to red on the ring. Reminds me too much of Canon L lenses.
Ditto. I prefer the green, even though it changes nothing to the IQ.

I'm not sure about the "40/2.8" lettering on the top, either.

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
After all the WR lenses have a red rubber O-ring around the bayonet.
some are black o-rings.

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Great news! Although I've just bought the 21 and 40, so perhaps I should be annoyed.
Why? Rounded apertures are nice, the new coating is probably nice, but your lenses are just as good as they were last week.

Only the bokeh of the 21 could be significantly affected, but you would probably loose its talent for star effects in low light.
08-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Unexpected upgrade to some already very good lenses. I look forward to seeing a direct comparison of the same scene shot with the old and new versions. A round aperture and red paint shouldn't increase manufacturing costs but the modified coating might, and of course there's the new product markup.

I'm surprised that they didn't add WR, but that may have required too much engineering work. There's more to be done for WR than slapping a red gasket on the mount. Focus ring, dof scale, and other moving parts all need to be sealed.
I wonder if the round aperture blades will improve the already great bokeh on these lenses?

08-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Wow, great to see them updated. Now the waiting game commences.
08-27-2013, 08:57 AM - 1 Like   #69
Veteran Member

Updated FA's, now that would be most welcome here.
08-27-2013, 08:58 AM   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Almost none of my Takumar, K, or M lenses has Pentax on the body - but I understand. I hate change too.
08-27-2013, 09:03 AM   #71
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
"We don't have a reason, but let's complain anyway"
It writes Pentax, just above the aperture ring. There's no doubt about the product brand used.
I'm not complaining, I just show what's been done. Most of the new DA Ltds only have Pentax logo on the front.
08-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Updated FA's, now that would be most welcome here.
Totally agreed!
08-27-2013, 09:12 AM   #73

I have the 3 lenses in limited Silver and am trying to "sell" them but this news will make their price drop.

Nevertheless, I am happy, and maybe waiting for the HD for Limited FA, this will confirm FF DSLR
08-27-2013, 09:17 AM   #74

I doubt it's possible to make a WR ltd lens. A ltd lens is a small and compact lens and if it should be made WR it would become to big to be a real Pentax ltd lens. Correct me if I'm wrong
08-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #75
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clover Quote
I have the 3 lenses in limited Silver and am trying to "sell" them but this news will make their price drop.

Nevertheless, I am happy, and maybe waiting for the HD for Limited FA, this will confirm FF DSLR
Not necessarily. The new lenses will kindle more interest in the limited series, but if the new ones are priced too highly then demand for the first gen ones and hence prices second-hand could easily increase. Since Pentax seem to be pricing their lenses rather imaginatively these days, such a scenario isn't entirely unlikely - "great lens but at this price the real bargain is buying the older green-band examples second-hand, etc, etc."