Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 169 Likes Search this Thread
08-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #241
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tzrenz0 Quote
Aw I'd love a 135 1.9 LTD and weatherseal it just to make everyone happy.
Sure, fine, but should it then not be a "DA* 135/1.9 LTD"?

Just don't call it HD (or RADAR)

08-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #242
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Adorama's ad in their site: Digital refresh of posh prime lenses! It's like a line for fashion magazines. hmmmm
08-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #243
klh
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
+100
We shall see what their plans are in the future, but as it stands, the only weathersealed primes are the 55, 200 and 300. Why nothing shorter?
Don't forget the D-FA 100 WR Macro! And I agree, I would have loved to see the entire Limited line go WR. Even just a 21 WR would be great for a cityscape travel lens.

Last edited by klh; 08-28-2013 at 07:12 AM.
08-28-2013, 06:57 AM   #244
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Sorry - MPH is not a "word formed from the initial letters". How do you pronounce it? Anyway, to get back on thread - I rather like the red stripes, but I liked the green ones, too.
Usually I add an extra M to distinguish it. Mmph...

Let's have red AND green stripes. Pentax, Christmas edition lenses.

08-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #245
Forum Member

Yes and neo-hipsters need a chrome stripe line for their B&W shots naturally, because with them you've got at least 15 % higher definition at mid tone ranges when the outside ring won't reflect interfering wavelengths to the ether, or something.

I should look into a career at marketing.
08-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #246
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jiimaa Quote
Yes and neo-hipsters need a chrome stripe line for their B&W shots naturally, because with them you've got at least 15 % higher definition at mid tone ranges when the outside ring won't reflect interfering wavelengths to the ether, or something.

I should look into a career at marketing.
Seriously, a chrome stripe would look awesome.
08-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #247
Forum Member

No the queue of hipsters would be awesome.

08-28-2013, 07:15 AM - 2 Likes   #248
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
I think this is pretty sad, no new lenses just a new look for all the old limited's. And FWIW the old green looked heaps better.

And the added 2 blades to the 15 is a con.
Where is the con? The fact that the company made changes to an existing line of lenses is not trying to trick anyone out of their money. For the last few years Pentax has marketed DA limited lenses. They made some minor changes to the line and will continue to make these lenses for years to come. Perhaps in the future they will make additional changes as technologies improve. Maybe the added two blades in the 15 makes it less expensive to produce if all the lenses are made the same, I have no idea.

It is much simplier for Pentax to change a lens than make a new one. I doubt if these changes make any difference on the development and production of any new lenses.

Why do so many on this forum think that if a person next year is in the market to buy a new DA limited they should not be able to buy one with an improved coating simply because forum members wish to buy a new lens that is not currently being made? Often members suggest that Pentax release some of their older lenses with improvments for the digital age but I now suspect that if Pentax was to do this there will be an outcry condemming them to releasing old stuff with a higher price tag then they lenses had in 1982. I expext to see other releases and re-releases by Pentax in the next year or so and not everyone of them will be FF camera and lenses to go with it, thankfully.

The DA 15 is the next Pentax and maybe the last Pentax lens on my wish list. I may be tempted to buy a new one if it is indeed a significant improvement or I more than likely will buy a used one to save money. I see the announment as positive in not that there are new lenses for me to choose from but that Pentax is actively improving their line up. Big changes are probably in the future. Sept 5th was mentioned as a date of an announcement and as it is not that date yet, these updated DA limiteds are not that big announcement. But it does keep Pentax name in the photo news and that as well is a good thing
08-28-2013, 07:43 AM   #249
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jiimaa Quote
No the queue of hipsters would be awesome.
If that chrome striped lens came mounted on a camera with dedicated monochrome sensor then I would be in that line of hipsters for sure.

(I'm not a native English speaker. When I looked up the word "hipster" a reference was made to some sort of pants.)
08-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #250
Veteran Member

I suspect that Pentax is secretly preparing the launch of a 3D anaglyphic camera with dual K-mounts. We are going to use the red and green rings as an indication on which side of the camera they should be mounted; corresponding to the red and green of the 3D spectacles.
08-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #251
Pentaxian

Interesting.
Did anyone notice there is no more Pentax label on the top of the new limiteds ?
OK, i am faaaar away
08-28-2013, 08:28 AM - 15 Likes   #252
Site Supporter

This place is starting to sound like dpreview. Just a bunch of whiners, many of whom have already left Pentax, but come back spitting venom over anything and everything done by a company who frankly is making smart business decisions. I guess the problem for many is Ricoh/Pentax isn't dying as fast as they had hoped.

Green or Red ring, seriously? Who gives a f#$k? There is a green ring on the kit lens and consumer lenses, its called differentiation. No more logo tackily glued on the front, its called cost savings, production efficiency and more elegant design. Nobody bitching in this thread would even want to buy these anyways as they already have the old versions, or a Nikon FF and guess what? They arent made for you anyways...they are made for new customers and new products to come. Prices are a bit high to start? Yeah its Pentax that is how every release starts off...

The problem with Ricoh and Pentax is not the company or their products it is the negativity of a bunch of cranky old whiners tired of their hobby with nothing better to do than put down progress and cry about everything that they have no intent on purchasing.
08-28-2013, 08:35 AM   #253
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Actually, I have to say I am pretty happy that Pentax updated their limited primes first. It would have been a poor omen if they would be focusing on low-end zooms. This shows a commitment to quality lenses. I think the great, compact primes are one of the top reasons why people choose Pentax. Or at least stay with Pentax.
08-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #254
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
The problem with Ricoh and Pentax is not the company or their products it is the negativity of a bunch of cranky old whiners tired of their hobby with nothing better to do than put down progress and cry about everything that they have no intent on purchasing.
Yeah, OK, but what do you really think?

+11ty 7 BTW.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-28-2013 at 09:18 AM.
08-28-2013, 08:41 AM   #255
Pentaxian

I'd say DPReview's Pentax SLR Talk forum is better than Pentaxforums sections like this one; the moderators are doing a great job (while preserving the freedom off speech; censorship is not good, either).
Sad, because there are many nice&helpful people here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
Actually, I have to say I am pretty happy that Pentax updated their limited primes first. It would have been a poor omen if they would be focusing on low-end zooms. This shows a commitment to quality lenses. I think the great, compact primes are one of the top reasons why people choose Pentax. Or at least stay with Pentax.
I'd say Pentax will soon need those high grade APS-C lenses...