Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2013, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #256
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
This place is starting to sound like dpreview. Just a bunch of whiners, many of whom have already left Pentax, but come back spitting venom over anything and everything done by a company who frankly is making smart business decisions. I guess the problem for many is Ricoh/Pentax isn't dying as fast as they had hoped.

Green or Red ring, seriously? Who gives a f#$k? There is a green ring on the kit lens and consumer lenses, its called differentiation. No more logo tackily glued on the front, its called cost savings, production efficiency and more elegant design. Nobody bitching in this thread would even want to buy these anyways as they already have the old versions, or a Nikon FF and guess what? They arent made for you anyways...they are made for new customers and new products to come. Prices are a bit high to start? Yeah its Pentax that is how every release starts off...

The problem with Ricoh and Pentax is not the company or their products it is the negativity of a bunch of cranky old whiners tired of their hobby with nothing better to do than put down progress and cry about everything that they have no intent on purchasing.
+1

People need to go out and take pictures.

08-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #257
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
This place is starting to sound like dpreview. Just a bunch of whiners, many of whom have already left Pentax, but come back spitting venom over anything and everything done by a company who frankly is making smart business decisions. I guess the problem for many is Ricoh/Pentax isn't dying as fast as they had hoped.

Green or Red ring, seriously? Who gives a f#$k? There is a green ring on the kit lens and consumer lenses, its called differentiation. No more logo tackily glued on the front, its called cost savings, production efficiency and more elegant design. Nobody bitching in this thread would even want to buy these anyways as they already have the old versions, or a Nikon FF and guess what? They arent made for you anyways...they are made for new customers and new products to come. Prices are a bit high to start? Yeah its Pentax that is how every release starts off...

The problem with Ricoh and Pentax is not the company or their products it is the negativity of a bunch of cranky old whiners tired of their hobby with nothing better to do than put down progress and cry about everything that they have no intent on purchasing.
couldn't say it better!
08-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #258

Next disappointment from Pentax

No real innovation. Only old stuff in new colours with minor improvements like it was with the Pentax K-5 II, K-50, MX-1 or the K-01.
08-28-2013, 09:20 AM   #259
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mamethot Quote
+1

People need to go out and take pictures.
I think we should respond to the negativity with photobombs

08-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #260
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by toldo Quote
No real innovation. Only old stuff in new colours with minor improvements like it was with the Pentax K-5 II, K-50, MX-1 or the K-01.
What innovations would you expect to see in small primes? Going with a wider aperture would require a larger lens. I think the only thing missing from the upgrade was weather sealing and that's also a minor improvement instead of an innovation. Lately all the innovative lenses seem to be coming from Sigma and Samyang, but none of their new lenses are ultracompact primes.
08-28-2013, 10:04 AM - 2 Likes   #261
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I conclude that responding to negativity just keeps the thread alive. Reading negativity just keeps me depressed. Why don't we just give all the negative complainers a thread to complain on and leave them in there to complain to each other?

This one will do for a start.
08-28-2013, 10:23 AM   #262
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by toldo Quote
Next disappointment from Pentax
More "Green eggs and ham".......

08-28-2013, 10:29 AM - 1 Like   #263
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I conclude that responding to negativity just keeps the thread alive. Reading negativity just keeps me depressed. Why don't we just give all the negative complainers a thread to complain on and leave them in there to complain to each other?

I think we also would need a thread for complainers complaining on complainers..
08-28-2013, 10:40 AM   #264

Why feel like that? For me it's ok with people having different opinions. If everybody would be only positive all the time it would be nothing but boring reading these threads so i welcome both negative, positive and neutral comments
08-28-2013, 10:42 AM   #265
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I think we also would need a thread for complainers complaining on complainers..
I think that's a lousy idea. Whom do I complain to about it?
08-28-2013, 10:48 AM   #266
Pentaxian

A K-5 with a silver HD Ltd would look cool on the PF banner at the top of the page.
08-28-2013, 10:51 AM - 1 Like   #267
Veteran Member

Is complaining about your favourite brand disappearing so quickly that strange then?
08-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #268
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
I think that's a lousy idea. Whom do I complain to about it?
You need a written complaint sent to all members of the secret PentaxForum committee..
08-28-2013, 11:12 AM   #269
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Is complaining about your favourite brand disappearing so quickly that strange then?
For Pete's sake, new Pentax branded products were announced today.
08-28-2013, 11:26 AM   #270
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Nothing is disappearing. That's just silliness. Who cares if every new product is targeted at the people who live in these forums? At least there is new stuff coming. How any one can read that as a death knell is beyond me.

Last edited by Rondec; 08-28-2013 at 05:53 PM.