Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #166
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kozlok Quote
The KX doesn't support an internal AF assist light, so I'm sure it's an insurmountable problem. The camera probably lacks the basic ability to send a request to the AF assist light since it's not in the hardware to start with.
@Kozlok:
Hello, why you said this ?
For internal AF, It's true ( Kx has not Assis Led Include into K-x)
BUT, when i connect my Fgz 360 v1, you select SB Mode in your Kx
After you turn the selector go mode "Av"
And after you push EDGE in the shutter button, and you see the big led Red lighting (and no the flash) and Af runs ok
The average is 6 to 8Metres for this led red

You must be in low light for see this of your eyes, try (in Firmware 1.03)

And i waiting so the extended firmware update for K-x

Best regards

08-31-2013, 05:42 PM - 1 Like   #167
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have all the flashes I need, thank you very much. But I also am not so obsessed with hearing my own voice that I will complain about a flash I have never used based on a summarized half-page spec sheet from a retailer that doesn't even have it in stock yet. And hey, why bother reviewing the flash when you apparently have the psychic ability to review a product that isn't even on the store shelves?

I've seen you complain about the build quality of the new flashes, even though you've never held them in your hands, and it's clear from the significantly changed dimensions that it's been re-engineered.

I've seen you say that there are no changes in the P-TTL behavior even though the descriptions for the new flashes describe different modes that haven't been explained yet.

I've seen you complain that the weather sealing is useless when you yourself admit that you don't shoot in conditions where the feature might be useful.

You use a B+H web quote when B+H and Adorama are known to sell items at significantly lower prices than the MAP prices if you call them by phone rather than ordering online, so you don't even really know how much B+H will sell them for.

And finally, I've seen you hurl insults both at me and at the Pentax community in general and take a generally haughty attitude because you've allegedly spent $50k on Pentax equipment, before backtracking on the amount.

Like I said, we get that the new flashes don't meet your needs. So don't buy them. Switch systems. Do whatever. No one is making you buy these lenses, and it would be nice for the adults on this forum to be able to have a reasonable conversation about these new items rather than dealing with your whining and thread hijacking.

QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
so i hope to see a review by you when you buy this flash..because you wlll buy it?

street price?
the problem is that you don't even know what you are talking about.
bh have already listed the flash are pre order at the price listed in dpreview. the feature are already available in imaging resource pentax website.

Pentax AF540FGZ II Flash for Pentax DSLR Cameras 30439 B&H Photo

Pentax AF360FGZ II Flash for Pentax DSLR Cameras 30457 B&H Photo

seems they are real price. Pentax finally has first place in something...most expensive by a large margin hot shoe flash in the market. 2013 price with 2000 technology, well done....anyway i wait for the review of these flash cause i'm sure you will pull the trigger at this price..
08-31-2013, 05:47 PM - 1 Like   #168
Site Supporter

Hot and heavy on this thread... time to sit on a cooler full of ICE and chill your balls down a bit, give your brain a chance to catch up. Just saying
08-31-2013, 06:02 PM   #169
bxf
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yeah, well then maybe.

But Digitalis could have 50K worth of filters. In one thread size.

08-31-2013, 07:20 PM   #170
Pentaxian

Digitalis could have 50K worth of filters. In one thread size.
yep it's true - I have so many different sized filters a stacked them all together and painted PENTAX FA*600mm f/5.6 ED IF on the side to impress my clients.

From the Wikipedia discussion of trolls in Scandinavian mythology (Norse mythology). A Scandinavian folk belief that lightning frightens away trolls and jötnar appears in numerous Scandinavian folktales, and may be a late reflection of the god Thor's role in fighting such beings. Interesting, given this thread is about strobe flash.

Last edited by Digitalis; 09-01-2013 at 12:32 AM.
08-31-2013, 07:22 PM   #171
Pentaxian

johnmflores - nice bike, here is one of mine:

All done with wireless pentax flash too...

since you cannot say anything positive about the pentax flash system, or the people who use it well in spite of your complaints: you are going to have a visit to my otherwise empty blocked list jonny1986.

Last edited by Digitalis; 08-31-2013 at 07:32 PM.
08-31-2013, 11:56 PM   #172
Pentaxian

Nice!

By the way, did anyone notice the AF540FGZ II has the same MSRP as the EX600RT had at launch?
09-01-2013, 12:05 AM   #173
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote

since you cannot say anything positive about the pentax flash system, or the people who use it well in spite of your complaints: you are going to have a visit to my otherwise empty blocked list jonny1986.
I was not prepared for this bike race so I only got a bike hidden behind someone.

09-01-2013, 12:28 AM   #174
Pentaxian

Another interesting thing about the new AF540FGZ specs is the 1/1- 1/256 power setting range. I hope we get a custom function allowing for 1/3rd stop power increments, like Nikon do on their flashes.

To all those who complain about the 1/180th synch speeds - never underestimate the utility of a polariser:

Honda 650R, Pentax FA31mm f/1.8 with wireless AF540FGZ.
09-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #175

Would be nice to have a thread of examples of stuff done with speedlights and explanation of the setup used.
09-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #176
Pentaxian

Yes, and also with LED ligths please. Thank you in advance, and thanks for the photo bombing.
09-01-2013, 04:46 AM - 1 Like   #177
Forum Member

A plea here!

Can we just wait to see what these flashes can achieve on a potential new camera or current firmware upgraded ones before we descend into the bowels of slanging and slagging

As a committed Pentax user I love this forum
But working through this thread has been a "right royal pain in the derriere"
09-01-2013, 07:13 AM   #178
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
+100

I love your bike man
Thx. It's a press bike but it is nice!

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote

Love the Triumph triples. Torque curves as wide as the Sahara Desert..
09-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #179
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by climbertrev Quote
ROTFL luv that expression... will steal it for future use
09-01-2013, 12:13 PM   #180
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by climbertrev Quote
Can we just wait to see what these flashes can achieve on a potential new camera or current firmware upgraded ones before we descend into the bowels of slanging and slagging

+1
Many thanks for those who try to give some understanding in the matter.
It is a good news that Pentax decided to finally issue these two updated flashes.
Independently of AW properties, we await to see what exact improvements will be fulfilled, primarily as far as video lamp assist and hopefully better braketing potential are concerned.