Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-30-2013, 12:23 PM   #106
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
just use the flash at 1/180, what's wrong with it?
or grab the canon 5D classic for cheap (300-500usd)
you dont need high iso when use with flash, and got fast synch.
m42 lenses still work fine with the 5d, and in FF

can't understand why the complains (!)

08-30-2013, 01:41 PM   #107
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Does this mean I don't have to carry sandwich bags in the camera bag anymore?
08-30-2013, 01:57 PM - 2 Likes   #108
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ToyTank Quote
Does this mean I don't have to carry sandwich bags in the camera bag anymore?
That depends. Do you want sandwiches?
08-30-2013, 05:56 PM   #109
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
just use the flash at 1/180, what's wrong with it?
or grab the canon 5D classic for cheap (300-500usd)
:
Many will be surprised in a few days.

08-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #110
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
We need someone to chase him back under his bridge 'cause we don't pay no stinkin' tolls.

(Troll)
08-30-2013, 07:15 PM - 1 Like   #111
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
Your samples are pretty basic flash setup and dont prove nothing...try to shoot comples setup with. Model or fast event with people moving, trying to creating photo thatare different rrom thecrowd....pentax is.
They may appear to be simple but that isn't the case with some of those images, in my mind flash looks best when you can't really be sure it has been used in the first place. I have use the pentax wireless system to photograph people and groups in various situations and I haven't really run into any significant hurdles, sure the system isn't the quickest and easiest to use: some improvements would be welcome, but having said all that - as things are the flash system gets the job done.

Some people like to complain because it is the only thing they do well. It doesn't require a university degree to become an expert whinger.
08-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #112
Site Supporter

Does Rice Low have a new alias?
08-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #113
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
I thought I could smell thioacetone...

08-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #114
Veteran Member

There sure are a lot of AF540FGZ II and AF360FGZ II owners here that are perfectly qualified to comment on the handling and performance of those flashes...

08-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #115
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I thought I could smell thioacetone...
ROTFL at least I updated my ignore list
08-31-2013, 02:39 AM   #116
Veteran Member

They may appear to be simple but that isn't the case with some of those images, in my mind flash looks best when you can't really be sure it has been used in the first place. I have use the pentax wireless system to photograph people and groups in various situations and I haven't really run into any significant hurdles, sure the system isn't the quickest and easiest to use: some improvements would be welcome, but having said all that - as things are the flash system gets the job done.

Some people like to complain because it is the only thing they do well. It doesn't require a university degree to become an expert whinger.

Simple are referre to the setup and the subject not the result. Try to shoot a model with 3 4 flash with radio command and have to change every flash manually.
I repeat to you i nevre complaint and i could have done in the past considering all the sdm failure i had, the poor af and video implementation, but after 12 years this flash is nothin interesting.

Looks the spec of high end canon nikon sony and olympus.

This flash cost 620 dollar , the canon 600 rx that is simply not comparabale spec wise and has radio inside 520.
08-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote

Sure when. Somebody complain is a rice lowe.

I have more than 50 k of pentax gear and u?
08-31-2013, 02:42 AM   #118
Veteran Member

Some people like to talk of thing they don't have a clue on.
08-31-2013, 02:43 AM   #119
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by HawaiianOnline Quote
There sure are a lot of AF540FGZ II and AF360FGZ II owners here that are perfectly qualified to comment on the handling and performance of those flashes...

Well there are spec of the flash. They look like spec from a flash of ten years ago. But pentax can sleep sweet dreams.
08-31-2013, 02:52 AM   #120
Pentaxian

Try to shoot a model with 3 4 flash with radio command and have to change every flash manually.
I have done what you describe - however I had my flash units properly setup beforehand and I never had to change a thing. Being prepared is one of the most important things about being a professional. And in any case, if I was being paid for that assignment I would have used my nikon flash gear.

I have more than 50 k of pentax gear
Let me get this straight...you have 50K worth of Pentax gear and all you can do is complain? Forums like this are for the education of others through constructive criticism and sharing of ideas, not blatant hyperbolic criticism and arrogant chest beating. All the gear and no idea...that is just sad.

Last edited by Digitalis; 08-31-2013 at 02:59 AM.