Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
08-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hoanpham Quote
can't understand why the complains (!)
We need someone to chase him back under his bridge 'cause we don't pay no stinkin' tolls.

(Troll)

08-30-2013, 07:15 PM - 1 Like   #107
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
Your samples are pretty basic flash setup and dont prove nothing...try to shoot comples setup with. Model or fast event with people moving, trying to creating photo thatare different rrom thecrowd....pentax is.
They may appear to be simple but that isn't the case with some of those images, in my mind flash looks best when you can't really be sure it has been used in the first place. I have use the pentax wireless system to photograph people and groups in various situations and I haven't really run into any significant hurdles, sure the system isn't the quickest and easiest to use: some improvements would be welcome, but having said all that - as things are the flash system gets the job done.

Some people like to complain because it is the only thing they do well. It doesn't require a university degree to become an expert whinger.
08-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #108
Veteran Member

Does Rice Low have a new alias?
08-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote
I thought I could smell thioacetone...

08-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #110
Veteran Member

There sure are a lot of AF540FGZ II and AF360FGZ II owners here that are perfectly qualified to comment on the handling and performance of those flashes...

08-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #111
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
I thought I could smell thioacetone...
ROTFL at least I updated my ignore list
08-31-2013, 02:39 AM   #112
Inactive Account

They may appear to be simple but that isn't the case with some of those images, in my mind flash looks best when you can't really be sure it has been used in the first place. I have use the pentax wireless system to photograph people and groups in various situations and I haven't really run into any significant hurdles, sure the system isn't the quickest and easiest to use: some improvements would be welcome, but having said all that - as things are the flash system gets the job done.

Some people like to complain because it is the only thing they do well. It doesn't require a university degree to become an expert whinger.

Simple are referre to the setup and the subject not the result. Try to shoot a model with 3 4 flash with radio command and have to change every flash manually.
I repeat to you i nevre complaint and i could have done in the past considering all the sdm failure i had, the poor af and video implementation, but after 12 years this flash is nothin interesting.

Looks the spec of high end canon nikon sony and olympus.

This flash cost 620 dollar , the canon 600 rx that is simply not comparabale spec wise and has radio inside 520.

08-31-2013, 02:40 AM   #113
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tanzer Quote

Sure when. Somebody complain is a rice lowe.

I have more than 50 k of pentax gear and u?
08-31-2013, 02:42 AM   #114
Inactive Account

Some people like to talk of thing they don't have a clue on.
08-31-2013, 02:43 AM   #115
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by HawaiianOnline Quote
There sure are a lot of AF540FGZ II and AF360FGZ II owners here that are perfectly qualified to comment on the handling and performance of those flashes...

Well there are spec of the flash. They look like spec from a flash of ten years ago. But pentax can sleep sweet dreams.
08-31-2013, 02:52 AM   #116
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Try to shoot a model with 3 4 flash with radio command and have to change every flash manually.
I have done what you describe - however I had my flash units properly setup beforehand and I never had to change a thing. Being prepared is one of the most important things about being a professional. And in any case, if I was being paid for that assignment I would have used my nikon flash gear.

I have more than 50 k of pentax gear
Let me get this straight...you have 50K worth of Pentax gear and all you can do is complain? Forums like this are for the education of others through constructive criticism and sharing of ideas, not blatant hyperbolic criticism and arrogant chest beating. All the gear and no idea...that is just sad.

Last edited by Digitalis; 08-31-2013 at 02:59 AM.
08-31-2013, 03:00 AM - 1 Like   #117
Pentaxian

Sure when. Somebody complain is a rice lowe.
The difference is made by constructive vs. baseless, destructive criticism - not by claims of loving Pentax, nor by claims of having so much Pentax equipment. A ricehigh would constantly engage in the later, eventually alternating with periods of trying to build "credibility" (e.g. by reiterating Chinese rumors to keep people interested).
There is no higher threat to a ricehigh than a brand new advanced Pentax product; as it would destroy his vision of Pentax being cr*p. Thus, with any such occasion he will instantly switch to attack-mode, bashing it to death - before relevant details are known.

But, leaving this matter aside, why are you still using Pentax if past, present and future Pentax products are inadequate for your needs? How did you get to "50 k" of such inadequate gear? It's a bit late to figure it out only now...
08-31-2013, 03:15 AM   #118
Inactive Account

I have done what you describe - however I had my flash units properly setup beforehand and I never had to change a thing. Being prepared is one of the most important things about being a professional.

Leget this straight...you have 50K worth of Pentax gear and all you can do is complain? Forums like this are for the education of others through constructive criticism and sharing of ideas, not blatant hyperbolic criticism and arrogant chest beating. All the gear and no idea...that is just sad.

First is clear you don't have a clue. Second. In a model shooting you start with a setup maybe you decide change something, that means movimg around and losing time and much more stress.
Third you are stating that pentax is not for serious job, because you can use dad's nikon camera system...i think that paragraph show exactly why you not complaint....pentax cannot do that? Ok let's take dad d4 or mom hassy. The best part you think of this seriously, so at the end you are stating what i was talking about. Pentax is not for serious job, while i have always used it for, and nikon flash system is serious. What i exatly was saying from. The beginning.
And this flash won't change nothing cause apart weather sealing and a small led light they have the same spec.
So let's take a serious video....pentax can do that...let's take a canon 5d3...easier..
So better not complaint and just change gear because i have 20 pelican of photo gear....Likeyou wrote once.
By the way all the gear you have to produce the photo you posting? That's crazy.
08-31-2013, 03:24 AM   #119
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The difference is made by constructive vs. baseless, destructive criticism - not by claims of loving Pentax, nor by claims of having so much Pentax equipment. A ricehigh would constantly engage in the later, eventually alternating with periods of trying to build "credibility" (e.g. by reiterating Chinese rumors to keep people interested).
There is no higher threat to a ricehigh than a brand new advanced Pentax product; as it would destroy his vision of Pentax being cr*p. Thus, with any such occasion he will instantly switch to attack-mode, bashing it to death - before relevant details are known.

But, leaving this matter aside, why are you still using Pentax if past, present and future Pentax products are inadequate for your needs? How did you get to "50 k" of such inadequate gear? It's a bit late to figure it out only now...

I use pentax cause i begin and grow up with it.when pentax innovated. I like my 645dand the quality i can have for thatmoney. I like the camera holding and the iq. But im not blind.
And i'm not complainerat all...i have probably had much more sdm failure and i have never blamed pentax in as ingle post.
I have special deal with. Pentax europe, i appreciate their help in many situation, but i' m not blind to see that in the last year hey have innovated nothing in terms of photographic idea.
This flash is patethic but to realize this you must use flash extensevely and not only in camera.
For example why not adding a solution to attach gel filter and the flash change automatically wb with diferentgel, like nikon sb800 do?
And the price of this flash? 629 dollar? Thisis a joke? Not alloweed to complain of a price that put this flash 100 more than a canon rx600, by far a much better unit.
08-31-2013, 03:28 AM   #120
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote

Personally i dont know wo is ricehigh, or your analisys of criticism. Probably knowing a lot of flash photography i understand , compared to other, the limit of the pentax flash system. You can use it, but is simply not on par compared to other system. And here we are agin...af , not on par,...video the same....lenses? Where are those fast sealed prime? Zero. Now a bunch of rebranded lenses and a 7000 dollar lens who nobody simply will buy.
In the last 2 years the only real good news is the sigma 18-35 and 35 in my opinion.

I use many brand , fujji oly pentax sigma...it' time to move on and realize the limit of thi system.