Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
09-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #181
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Actually, it's even better. I was confused at first, because no one else has such a lens (even equivalent) right now ...
17-135 f2.8?!

09-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #182
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
17-135 f2.8?!
Now that would be something, wouldn't it?
09-11-2013, 08:00 PM   #183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Sounds like October will be interesting. I hope the lens is WR or better. If it is, I will start saving and selling stuff away right away :-)
09-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #184
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Now that would be something, wouldn't it?
it would. but I already got that covered. :P

09-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #185
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
17-135 f2.8?!
Yeah, and it's in a pancake form, too!
09-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #186
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Yeah, and it's in a pancake form, too!
no really?! wow thats impressive
09-12-2013, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #187

Noones asking the hard hitting question!! Where are the strap lugs on the lens!

09-15-2013, 09:01 PM   #188
Veteran Member

Eggzactly.. what happened to the strep lug conversation?
09-16-2013, 04:51 AM - 1 Like   #189
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Eggzactly.. what happened to the strep lug conversation?
How's this: with the size and weight a 17-135 f/2.8 maybe it will have it's own strap lugs? There. Back on track.
09-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #190

I believe that :
1) Pentax/ricoh won't bring in an FF camera for at least a year since there is a long way to produce the camera and at least 2 zoom glasses for it.
2)The FF will defenately be oficially confirmed a long before of its debut at the retailer's shops. And i mean longer than usual.
3) An APS/C thus DA zoom lens will come out which will be intented to be something extraordinary (so pentaxians have something to hung on and ricoh has something new to sell) thus DA* .

Lets at least hope the new glass will be really good and not priced as an EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II.
A sigma price would be more convinient for a great lens by Pentax.
Have in mind that Pentax is not a very competitive company and needs to get on the map some way.
The BEST way is HIGHER QUALITY than others and REALLY low prices.
I personally will never again spend a dime for something that is not really better than what i have and is sold 10 times up from what i earn from it and it alone in a month.
when it comes to if i'll upgrade my primary zoom i really think that it is not worthy on going to 16-50* and i wish that i will cahange my mind when the new one takes its place.
Or eventually goodbye pentax . Eventually, the user of a dslr won't stay with pentax cause it won;t give him what others would (neither Uncoperable quality nor extra low prices nto even a fair balance between those). <-- And that's why i am the only profesional in a 250.000 person town who uses Pentax.

Think about it...
09-16-2013, 08:39 AM   #191
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by petros205 Quote
I believe that :
1) Pentax/ricoh won't bring in an FF camera for at least a year since there is a long way to produce the camera and at least 2 zoom glasses for it.
2)The FF will defenately be oficially confirmed a long before of its debut at the retailer's shops. And i mean longer than usual.
3) An APS/C thus DA zoom lens will come out which will be intented to be something extraordinary (so pentaxians have something to hung on and ricoh has something new to sell) thus DA* .

Lets at least hope the new glass will be really good and not priced as an EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II.
Have in mind that Pentax is not a very competitive company and needs to get on the map some way.
I personally will never again spend a dime for something that is not really better than what i have and is sold 10 times up from what i earn from it and it alone in a month.
when it comes to if i'll upgrade my primary zoom i really think that it is not worthy on going to 16-50* and i wish that i will cahange my mind when the new one takes its place.
Or eventually goodbye pentax . Eventually, the user of a dslr won't stay with pentax cause it won;t give him what others would (neither Uncoperable quality nor extra low prices nto even a fair balance between those). <-- And that's why i am the only profesional in a 250.000 person town who uses Pentax.

Think about it...
What.
09-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #192
Veteran Member

I believe that :

Think about it...
Just get what you need to do the job Pentax likes to play the waiting game. I've switched because of the same the line of thought you have, but kept DA 40 + K10D because I love the combo too much (want to add DA 15 sometime).

At the moment pentax equipment is not such great value for money. Being in pentax you better love using limiteds, K-5, or you're an entry level buyer (where pentax is still good value), or there's no real point. I really hope this will change soon with the new camera before Christmas
09-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #193
Pentaxian

Best for whom? Definitely not for Pentax, as they would lose money this way. Definitely not for me, as instead of growing, in the end they'll lose the capacity to provide the high end products I want.
IMHO it's "best" only for those wanting a much cheaper "canikon", not caring if the company would be destroyed in the process. To people wanting "REALLY low prices", I'd say: good bye!
09-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #194

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Best for whom? Definitely not for Pentax, as they would lose money this way. Definitely not for me, as instead of growing, in the end they'll lose the capacity to provide the high end products I want.
IMHO it's "best" only for those wanting a much cheaper "canikon", not caring if the company would be destroyed in the process. To people wanting "REALLY low prices", I'd say: good bye!
1)If the company was not going to be destroyed it would not become a ricoh company.
2)if thinks work the way were working so far, they won't earn the money the risk in beeing in the camera business demands.
3)Grow up
4)Don't say goodbyes to those who support your beloved camera company
5)the guy right above you said something about value for money you have not yet understood
6)It is a shame that profesional(wedings/ceremonis/...) photography cannot happen flawlessly without giving thousands of dollars and even then if we say that pentax does the job, you'll have to pray you'll get a good copy of the lens, or that the flash wont make 2 months (in the 12-month garanty) to come from the official pentax service. I had to buy a second 540fgz the last month cause of that.

whatever, it seems you won't think about it
09-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #195
Pentaxian

1) Pentax Corporation - the company - was destroyed by Hoya, Sparx and Mr. Fumio Urano, in a hostile takeover. What Hoya sold to Ricoh was a crippled, stripped down division. Ricoh is working hard at "fixing" it.
2) Money aren't made by offering "HIGHER QUALITY than others and REALLY low prices". That's how you lose money with every product you make - not an option for Pentax.
3) Hmm...
4) Good bye.
5) Value for money is not the same as "REALLY low prices". I (for example) value quality; and quality is expensive.
6) Nothing would be solved by "REALLY low prices". A better quality control costs money; better flashes costs money, better warranty costs money. I'm willing to pay money to see all sorts of problems solved.

You don't get to decide what and how I think. I saw the "low prices" approach being tried by Pentax, it didn't work; no significant gain in sales, and they still have to fight with the image of a cheap brand - with people asking for "REALLY low prices". And I know "HIGHER QUALITY" and "REALLY low prices" don't go together; reduce the prices, and you'd have to cut corners.
It's not like you just discovered the perfect solution