Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #226
Pentaxian




Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: East Bay Area
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 775
I wonder if those unreleased ones should be red color instead if they are moving everything to HD coating.

10-23-2013, 10:51 PM   #227
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
The DA 18-135mm WR would be a good candidate for the next HD batch, wouldn't it ?
Too recent IMO
10-24-2013, 04:01 AM   #228
Loyal Site Supporter
RockvilleBob's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lewes DE USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,548
At least the TC is still on the map. It was pointed out to me that the 1.4 TC has been on the map for 7 years. Let's hope this is the year!
10-24-2013, 04:15 AM   #229
Loyal Site Supporter
WPRESTO's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,558
I'm disappointed with no SFL lenses projected, and the lowermost zoom seems to overlap extensively with the 18-135 as well as the 18-270 and 17-70. Will one of the latter be discontinued? How many zoom lenses do we need, and how many covering the 18-100mm zone?? How about an EDIF 400 f5.6?? Or a really high quality 10mm rectilinear?? Phooey!!!

10-24-2013, 04:44 AM   #230
Pentaxian
Clavius's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: De Klundert
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,115
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
I'm disappointed with no SFL lenses projected, and the lowermost zoom seems to overlap extensively with the 18-135 as well as the 18-270 and 17-70. Will one of the latter be discontinued? How many zoom lenses do we need, and how many covering the 18-100mm zone?? How about an EDIF 400 f5.6?? Or a really high quality 10mm rectilinear?? Phooey!!!
+1 on the UWA! Or how about something really very fast? Or wide and fast, like a fast 30mm? I think lots of folks will appreciate those.
10-24-2013, 04:47 AM   #231
sTi
Forum Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 98
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
The DA 18-135mm WR would be a good candidate for the next HD batch, wouldn't it ?
According to this thread in a German forum, newer batches of the DA 18-135 (e.g. those sold with K-5II) already seem to have a better coating compared to the first ones (e.g. sold in K-5 kits). You can see the differently colored coatings in the first post:
DigitalFotoNetz.de :: Thema anzeigen - Coating bei neuer Serie vom DA 18-135 umgestellt, nun HD?
Apparently, the newer version offers better contrast and flare resistance. But If it actually uses the HD coating or if it's just a better version of the standard one, no idea...
10-24-2013, 04:49 AM   #232
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,583
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
How many zoom lenses do we need, and how many covering the 18-100mm zone??
I guess you probably won't to hear news like this then:
The latest lens patents from Canon, Pentax and Sony | Photo Rumors

QuoteQuote:
Pentax filed patents for 15-45mm f/2.8-3.5 (1/1.7" sensor), 18-70mm f/4-6 (APS-C), 16-70mm f/4 (APS-C) and 25-350mm f/3.5-6 (APS-C) lenses.
10-24-2013, 05:28 AM   #233
Loyal Site Supporter
WPRESTO's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,558
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I guess you probably won't to hear news like this then:
The latest lens patents from Canon, Pentax and Sony | Photo Rumors

Four new lens patents from Pentax, and ALL of them overlap the 18-100mm range, and no patents for a SFL lens. Double phooey!!

10-24-2013, 05:44 AM   #234
Loyal Site Supporter
WPRESTO's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Massachusetts
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,558
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
+1 on the UWA! Or how about something really very fast? Or wide and fast, like a fast 30mm? I think lots of folks will appreciate those.
Not quite 30mm, but the SIgma 35mm f1.4 appears to be a no-reservations winner, in case you haven't read the PF review. I would expect a 10mm rectilinear would be f4. Going to f2.8, much less f2 would boost size & cost beyond reason (how many PF members have not purchased the 560mm because of the price??). Personally, I'd rather have a compact lens and would be happy with a 10mm f5.6 IF the IQ were "as good as it gets."
10-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #235
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Not quite 30mm, but the SIgma 35mm f1.4 appears to be a no-reservations winner, in case you haven't read the PF review. I would expect a 10mm rectilinear would be f4. Going to f2.8, much less f2 would boost size & cost beyond reason (how many PF members have not purchased the 560mm because of the price??). Personally, I'd rather have a compact lens and would be happy with a 10mm f5.6 IF the IQ were "as good as it gets."
From what I saw till now I have only a couple things against the Sigma 35/1.4 which may be very goo d for others:
* Out of focus lights/bokeh can be harsh/disturbing.
* HSS AF (I mean, no screwdrive, HSS is clearly better than SDM)
* No aperture ring (yes I'm still using old bodies and that lens would be of no use on an LX/MX/KX ...)
10-30-2013, 05:23 AM   #236
Junior Member




Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rochester, Minnesota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 38
I contacted Ricoh, through its www.us.ricoh-imaging.com website, to ask about the status of the 1.4x teleconverter on the lens roadmap. I was delighted to receive a response that the inquiry would be forwarded to headquarters in Japan.

I enjoy bird and wildlife photography. While the K-5 and DA* 300 are a great combination, it doesn't offer quite enough reach. Also, the DA* 300 on the Q with the K to Q converter is interesting and fun, but doesn't offer the required IQ (and no AF, of course).
10-30-2013, 05:29 AM   #237
Loyal Site Supporter
RockvilleBob's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lewes DE USA
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,548
QuoteOriginally posted by rruntsch Quote
I contacted Ricoh, through its www.us.ricoh-imaging.com website, to ask about the status of the 1.4x teleconverter on the lens roadmap. I was delighted to receive a response that the inquiry would be forwarded to headquarters in Japan.

I enjoy bird and wildlife photography. While the K-5 and DA* 300 are a great combination, it doesn't offer quite enough reach. Also, the DA* 300 on the Q with the K to Q converter is interesting and fun, but doesn't offer the required IQ (and no AF, of course).
I look forward to see the reply from Japan. I also have the DA*300 but also use the Sigma 150-500 for birds/wildlife. A question is if the 1.4 if/when introduced will for with the f4 300? In the meantime I still have the Sigma 500 on my dream list but given the few times I really need it, probably a ways off in time.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
limiteds, pentax news, pentax rumors
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Lens Roadmap! Noisychip Pentax News and Rumors 21 02-02-2012 08:38 PM
New Pentax Lens Roadmap agkchang Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 16 04-27-2009 04:05 PM
New Pentax Roadmap ogl Pentax News and Rumors 67 03-04-2009 03:59 AM
New Pentax lenses roadmap ogl Pentax News and Rumors 19 02-02-2008 02:24 AM
new lens roadmap MJB DIGITAL Pentax News and Rumors 13 10-02-2007 11:33 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top