Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 8 Likes Search this Thread
08-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
From Ricoh's description of the DA560:

The lens exterior is painted an elegant white to minimize heat haze generated inside the lens barrel, and a red ring is featured in the middle of the barrel to serve as a distinct, radiant symbol of the new HD (High Definition) lens series.

PENTAX - HD PENTAX DA 560mm F5.6ED AW
Thanks, I knew I read that somewhere

08-31-2013, 10:47 AM   #92
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dankoBanana Quote
http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/japan/products/lens/images/K_Mount_Lens.pdf

minor differences. DA* zoom has become a DA zoom and the HD Limiteds and the FA limiteds have been added to the list
I guess this is a good thing, they are standing by the decision to produce 4 new zooms and a TC
Come on "they" have updated a list, letters, numbers...

The changes only mean that they did not have any realistic plans. Also, I can only buy what I can find in a shop. No interesting new lenses and you will find my old Pnetax gear in a shop soon.
08-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #93

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Famous Pentax lens roadmap is one of best modern works of surreal fiction — Ed Woods meets Star Trek. It is especially thrilling when you are focused on a plot started in the beginning, but which is still unresolved, plenty of characters walk around with bags on their heads, and all of a sudden never before announced characters start appearing from the thin air, all in red and with posh accents, beaming away current cast and resuming their identities.
This roadmap comes from outer space

08-31-2013, 01:56 PM   #94
Veteran Member

Instead of solid colors for purposes of identification, I propose a multi-color arrangement. Mr. Malcolm's might be a good place to start:

http://www.tartanregister.gov.uk/tartanDetails.aspx?

Last edited by glanglois; 08-31-2013 at 08:25 PM.
08-31-2013, 02:53 PM   #95
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by TenZ.NL Quote
Thanks, I knew I read that somewhere
That spoils all the fun, lol. Clarified!
08-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #96
Dan
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tclausen Quote
Well, on that....am I alone in longing for the days when a "kit lens" meant a "high quality, fast 50mm", and not "a piece of plastic to throw at eBay as soon as possible"?
No, you're not alone in that. I tried the kit zoom once. Threw it at eBay lickety split! Pentax has so many nice primes. They should use them more often in kits.

Dan
09-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonto Quote
That spoils all the fun, lol. Clarified!
Haha, lol

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Quote
No, you're not alone in that. I tried the kit zoom once. Threw it at eBay lickety split! Pentax has so many nice primes. They should use them more often in kits.
Dan
Yeah, the kits are probably targeted at upgrading P&S users who are used to zooming. However, if Pentax would launch a new flagship, a packagedeal with, for instance, some of the limiteds would be very tempting.
I believe thet done that before, wasn`t that with the K30?

Last edited by TenZ.NL; 09-01-2013 at 01:33 AM.
09-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #98
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
Come on "they" have updated a list, letters, numbers...

The changes only mean that they did not have any realistic plans. Also, I can only buy what I can find in a shop. No interesting new lenses and you will find my old Pnetax gear in a shop soon.
I beg to differ, if Ricoh didn't have any specific plans other than refreshing the DA Limited line then they would have held off the release of the announcement and the new Roadmap for one of the upcoming Consumer Shows. I think it means that they are committed to the APSC format and that there are more announcements in the hopper. No need to announce the refreshing of the FA Limiteds as they are full frame and their refresh will probably be part of a future release.

I think that we are going to see Richoh make their move, it may not be as significant as folks hope, but a step forward none the less.
09-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #99
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobell69 Quote
I beg to differ, if Ricoh didn't have any specific plans other than refreshing the DA Limited line then they would have held off the release of the announcement and the new Roadmap for one of the upcoming Consumer Shows. I think it means that they are committed to the APSC format and that there are more announcements in the hopper. No need to announce the refreshing of the FA Limiteds as they are full frame and their refresh will probably be part of a future release.

I think that we are going to see Richoh make their move, it may not be as significant as folks hope, but a step forward none the less.
This is about doubling down on APS-C and adding a new ingredient to an already excellent product. Why gripe over a little improvement.

As for prices, all the camera manufacturers are doing it because the prices for bodies are falling and so revenue must be made up elsewhere. I suspect these prices will not last as a lower Yen and competition makes someone blink.
09-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Quote

Dan
Agreed, a nice 35mm on APSC or a 50mm on full frame would be nice.

However, I think this experiment failed with the 01 prime and Q kit. Otherwise they would still offer that option
09-01-2013, 06:38 PM   #101
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Agreed, a nice 35mm on APSC or a 50mm on full frame would be nice.
However, I think this experiment failed with the 01 prime and Q kit. Otherwise they would still offer that option
Horses for courses.
I think with Q they finally went for a zoom in the kit because it then clearly becomes a better than smartphone tool.
But in the beginning they offered 01 prime to show how well performing small sensor can be.
So 01 and Q was more for photo geeks, yet Q is intended for massive sale.
Now they're packing Q7 with 01 and 06 zooms in a kit, which perhaps proves the assumption.

But for a large sensor camera, say a possible FF, I bet many would love it with one, two, or three primes kit — if priced well.
Even if they make a limited number of sets; for example, Q7 limited set was sold out in Japan within days since introduction.
09-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #102
Veteran Member

oh, I saw someone say something about how he's gonna sell everything if Pentax does not come out with new interesting lenses?

what could be new and interesting that isn't available by Pentax or a third party? In my opinion the most ground breaking lens of recent is the Sigma f1.8 zoom. What is everyone hoping for expecting? The roadmap has nothing "ground breaking" on it.

How about some DA Limiteds with some faster apertures? That would make me jump up and down.
09-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #103
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote

How about some DA Limiteds with some faster apertures? That would make me jump up and down.
C'mon, you're asking way too much; that would be a genuine, new investment, not a rehash. Ricoh can't do it.
09-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #104
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
C'mon, you're asking way too much; that would be a genuine, new investment, not a rehash. Ricoh can't do it.
Can't be that hard... the FA limiteds are tiny and sub 2.0 apertures. Why do the DA's have to be so slow in comparison?
09-01-2013, 08:24 PM   #105
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RockvilleBob Quote
7 years! I feel crestfallen - I was hoping to see it this year.
I suspect that they tried it and found that their long lenses would barely focus without it, and not at all with. They probably will release along with a body that will be able to use it effectively on their 300 f4.