Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-28-2008, 07:02 AM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

If you ordered through Amazon (directly, not another seller), they have a price guarantee that says they will refund the price difference within 30 days of shipment. Right now, Amazon has the K20D listed for $1,153.93. I just put in my request for a refund. You have to ask because they will not do it automatically.

03-28-2008, 08:12 AM   #32

Photos: Gallery
Amazon - Quick rebate of price difference

I put in my request for a price difference rebate the first day I saw the price drop, and got the refund notice one day later. Sweet!
03-28-2008, 08:27 AM   #33
Veteran Member

So I wonder how many times you can do the price match/refund thing within the 1st 30 days. Either way, I probably wait till the end of the period to do the price match.
03-28-2008, 09:49 AM   #34
Forum Member

Low price on Ebay from Henry's, Canada.
Good company to deal with.

$1125 for body.

PENTAX K20D 14.6MP DSLR CAMERA BODY NEW/WARRANTY/$1 - eBay (item 280211131950 end time Mar-28-08 17:00:56 PDT)

03-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #35

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This is a bit off topic - but if if you purchase with Visa/MasterCard you get Extended Warranty -doubles warranty coverage on purchases.

Please correct me if cameras are not included.
03-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #36

QuoteOriginally posted by jbmiller Quote
If you ordered through Amazon (directly, not another seller), they have a price guarantee that says they will refund the price difference within 30 days of shipment. Right now, Amazon has the K20D listed for $1,153.93. I just put in my request for a refund. You have to ask because they will not do it automatically.

The Amazon reseller price (Willoughby's) is a bit lower than the Amazon.com price, so it is a bit of a gamble, but the price difference as of today is pretty much insignificant between the two.
Some cards such as American Express also (or at least used to) offer price protection.

From amazon.com:

Post-Order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us. Please click the Customer Service button on the right side of this page, and be sure to have your order number handy so we can assist you.

This Post-Order Price Guarantee is subject to the following restrictions:

* Applies only to products that have already been released. Products that have not yet been released but that are available for pre-order from Amazon.com are not covered by this guarantee, but do benefit from our Pre-Order Price Protection program (see section above).
* Applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
* Item prices that are affected by a promotion such as "Buy one, get one free" are not eligible, unless the same promotion is also offered at the lower price.
* The price of an item after rebate is not considered to be the Amazon.com price.
03-28-2008, 02:34 PM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by Mattp9 Quote
I put in my request for a price difference rebate the first day I saw the price drop, and got the refund notice one day later. Sweet!
Time for another price match request.

now $1,146.93 at Amazon

if you're buying one with a Amazon Visa Card, try using couponcode 2IK9E6R8, it might save you $20

Last edited by walter; 03-28-2008 at 03:24 PM.
03-28-2008, 08:50 PM   #38
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
Since I know that there are some fans of esoterism among the VIP pentax users. I will look through my crystal ball. Once the samsung, Canon XSI, Sony A350, hit the market for good (even if the Canon and Sony are "lower" level dslr); Canon releases their rebates for the 5d and 40d in the US; and Dpreview through a (Just) highly recommended valoration, I can see the sales for the K200and K20 dropping big time. Pentax executives will panic and the michigan lady will dissapear till the next announcement. After that first moment of panic the K20d will be next to 1000 (I will say in 2 months from now). Then Photokina will come and a nikon 90D will appear, Samsung/pentax will shoot their own foot and will announce a new slightly higher level camera, and then the K20d will be going for 900 (that will be in fall). Then christmas rebates and the camera will go for about 800 in December. At that price, the K20D will be one of the biggest steals ever and Hoya's executives will start to reconsider the 5 years period of grace for the camera division. In 2010 the sky will fall and Pentax camera division will be sold. Samsung will be the K-mount saviour, your NDA friends will be praising another products that pay better (Sony for fashion?) and Hoya/Pentax will be doing lenses under Schneider and Pentax name.
The Michigan Lady has not disappeared, she just arrived home from a week in Peru and prior to that after a short visit back home a week snorkeling and sunbathing topless (eat your heart out) on the Riviera Maya.

As for the price drop I was "NOT" referring to the "Body only" price. Flame me when the kit price drops below $1,159 as I stated before.

Back to the 6:45 wakeup time.

Of Course I put my four years in at A-squared many years ago and moved on in life, obviously your still stuck there.

Last edited by WendyB; 03-28-2008 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Dyslexic typing fingers
03-29-2008, 04:46 AM   #39
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'm confused

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
As for the price drop I was "NOT" referring to the "Body only" price. Flame me when the kit price drops below $1,159 as I stated before.
Gee Wendy, you have me confused. Since there are no retailers offering the K20D kit yet I think we are all referring to body only pricing. B & H has the new kit lens listed at $199 but not available yet. If I understand you right you are saying the K20D plus this lens will not go below $1,159. Hmm, That means the body only will drop to $960, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

$960 by the end of the year is getting very close to what Gruoso predicted. It's also getting to the price a lot of us poor folk will seriously consider it.

Regards,

Ken
03-29-2008, 05:57 AM   #40
Not Registered

Of Course I put my four years in at A-squared many years ago and moved on in life, obviously your still stuck there.
Sorry, I am affraid that I dont understand this. What it is A-squared?. Ann Arbor? Are you trying to intimidate me saying that you had a degree in U of M? If it is so, there have been 4 years now from the moment I had my PhD in Neuroscience and this is my second year as research associate in U of M to move next year to UCSF. Maybe you should check your notebooks back before use your vanity as an argument. Groisse pointe.....hah, that it is moving forward....head of rat or tail of lion you choose.
03-29-2008, 06:55 AM   #41
Not Registered

sunbathing topless (eat your heart out) on the Riviera Maya.
wow you are so bad. Please guys dont tell my mom that a mature woman was teasing me!!!

...human nature keeps surprising me.
03-30-2008, 12:04 PM   #42

price match time again.
now $1,132.93 at amazon.com
03-30-2008, 12:23 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Look at the prices of other cameras and youll see why they have to lower the prices. Canon 40D is at the same price of the K10D by now if you count the Canon cashback (almost 60% cheaper then K20D). Nikon D80 is 40% cheaper then the K20D. Nikon D300 is only 25% more expensive then K20D.

Prices in Sweden atleast. So it's not just Pentax, all cameras are dropping. I don't know if Pentax is Yen based and the others are Dollar based and thats why the others dropped so significantly. But my guess its because of the dollar dive.

Nowdays I can order lenses from USA for almost half the price I pay in Sweden, including taxes and other fees. A few years ago, it would have been as expensive if not worse.
03-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Precipitous Price Declines

QuoteOriginally posted by Zewrak Quote

1)
I don't know if Pentax is Yen based and the others are Dollar based and thats why the others dropped so significantly. But my guess its because of the dollar dive.

2) Nowdays I can order lenses from USA for almost half the price I pay in Sweden, including taxes and other fees. A few years ago, it would have been as expensive if not worse.
1) The declining dollar would allow foreign manufacturers to RAISE dollar-denominated prices (and allow any US-based competitors to raise theirs as well) for their products imported into the US. Look at the US price of a barrel of oil as an example.

2) Take advantage of the opportunity while you can - the current environment is not permanent.

FWIW, my opinion is global economies are slowing, skirting a recession. Manufacturers of high-ticket, consumer-discretionary items are cutting prices to stimulate sales - and it isn't working very well.

The US economy will be significantly stronger in 6 - 9 months, but until then things are very dicey here.
03-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #45
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
[INDENT]1)

The US economy will be significantly stronger in 6 - 9 months, but until then things are very dicey here.
Stronger in 6-9 months??? Mind sending me some of whatever you are smoking? A pair of those rose colored glasses would be great too.

Ken