Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-10-2008, 04:12 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmmmm...

"Pentax K20D (Body Only)
Special Gold Box Price: $1078.24 Free Shipping"

Looks like $960. is just around the corner - maybe by summer? When you consider the tax savings as well, it's definitely a possibility!

Getting to where it should have been priced from the start.

04-10-2008, 04:39 AM   #62
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Lusk Quote
"Pentax K20D (Body Only)
Special Gold Box Price: $1078.24 Free Shipping"

Looks like $960. is just around the corner - maybe by summer? When you consider the tax savings as well, it's definitely a possibility!

Getting to where it should have been priced from the start.
Heresy! How dare you suggest it's not worth what the gods from Pentax told us it's value is. It looks like more than a few of us will be buying at the $960 level.
04-10-2008, 05:17 AM   #63
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Note that Beach and Buydig are the exact same company. I've had no problem buying from them in the past, though.
i got my K100D and K10D and my dad got his K100D from Buydig and i have gotten cards ect.. from them also no complance hear.
04-10-2008, 07:42 AM   #64

QuoteOriginally posted by nathancombs Quote
i got my K100D and K10D and my dad got his K100D from Buydig and i have gotten cards ect.. from them also no complance hear.
I too bought my K100D from Beach Camera with no problems.

I bought mine 'body only' and ordered the Pentax 16-45 at the same time. The lens had focusing problems though and was returned to Beach... all without fuss or incident.

HTH.

Last edited by Cedar; 04-11-2008 at 06:53 AM.
04-10-2008, 08:41 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by panoguy Quote
I think I'd agree that Amazon and Cameta would meet that standard, but the others in the list (especially Beach) are pretty much like used-car dealers - your experience will depend greatly on how much you are spending overall and who you talk to. (I called Beach asking about a K10D backorder notification last year and got a "have you looked at the Canon 40D?")
That doesn't sound so bad to me. I mean, if the K10D were in stock and they tried to sell you something else, that's obnoxious, but if they don't have it in, I don't think I'd begrudge them trying to sell something.
04-10-2008, 01:04 PM   #66
Forum Member

In Defense of Buydig.com/Beach Camera

I’ve lost count of how many purchases I’ve made from Buydig.com, and I haven’t had any problem with their service whatsoever. In fact, I’ve made most of my purchases on Friday afternoons and have had the merchandise in my hands on the following Saturday afternoon (Buydig ships via FedEx Home who, as many already know, deliver on Saturdays).

I figured that this consistent speed was due to the fact that I'm in NYC and Buydig/Beach Camera is headquartered in New Jersey. But last December I bought a camera from them as a Christmas gift for someone in Charleston, South Carolina, and took a flight there the next afternoon. My purchase had beaten me there.

For me, it's been nothing but pleasant doing business with Buydig. If only I could make the same claim about a certain well-loved photography retailer here in NYC with a store layout conceived primarily as an anti-theft system.

-XM
04-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #67

You know, while there are probably a few good results from Beach/buydig, if you read the reviews from all of the results sites posted earlier, you are gambling by using them. And often the cheap Amazon price is from one of their partner resellers, not Amazon itself. Make sure you read the fine print.

04-10-2008, 01:32 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cygnet Quote
You know, while there are probably a few good results from Beach/buydig, if you read the reviews from all of the results sites posted earlier, you are gambling by using them. And often the cheap Amazon price is from one of their partner resellers, not Amazon itself. Make sure you read the fine print.

Okay.

Turns out, what you're saying is basically FUD.

Beach/buydig has over 9/10 at Reseller Ratings. I'm not scared.

Amazon's sold-by-Amazon price is, right now, $1134.99. (Not counting the "gold box" deal some people are seeing, which is also directly from Amazon.) So that includes the normal easy 30 day return and price matching, etc., etc.
04-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #69

QuoteOriginally posted by mattdm Quote
Okay.

Turns out, what you're saying is basically FUD.

Beach/buydig has over 9/10 at Reseller Ratings. I'm not scared.

Amazon's sold-by-Amazon price is, right now, $1134.99. (Not counting the "gold box" deal some people are seeing, which is also directly from Amazon.) So that includes the normal easy 30 day return and price matching, etc., etc.
Not sure what FUD is, but everyone has their own level of comfort dealing with buying online. I have had enough problems with a couple of the companies rated 9.6 - 9.9, so I won't really go below that to a company rated 9.1. But you're right, if I was buying a K20d today, I'd be on that Amazon site. Free Freight and no tax, you can't beat that.
04-10-2008, 02:27 PM   #70
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cygnet Quote
Not sure what FUD is, but everyone has their own level of comfort dealing with buying online. I have had enough problems with a couple of the companies rated 9.6 - 9.9, so I won't really go below that to a company rated 9.1. But you're right, if I was buying a K20d today, I'd be on that Amazon site. Free Freight and no tax, you can't beat that.
FUD: Fear, uncertainty, doubt based on little or no factual information.

Here is a snapshot of Buydig/Beach Camera customer feedback ratings (in addition to the one already cited).

PriceScan.com: Buydig and Beach both have 4.5 out of 5 stars.

Google Products: Buydig has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars from 6,765 reviews. Same rating for Beach Camera out of 3,691 reviews.

Pricegrabber.com: 5 out of 5 stars from 24,315 reviews.

BizRate.com: Buydig has an "Outstanding" rating with over 100,00 customer responses since 2000.

And I've never paid a dime for shipping (or tax for that matter) on products purchased from Buydig.

-XM
04-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #71

Just went into a camera shop here in Sydney to look at the K20D. Pretended to know nothing and asked the salesperson's opinion on it.

He recommeded that I stay clear and go for the K10D. Tried, tested and true.

Only thing holding me back is the Aussie price tag on these bad-boys. Might go back home, buy it there, and bring it back with me.
04-10-2008, 05:39 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zoomzoomfan Quote
Just went into a camera shop here in Sydney to look at the K20D. Pretended to know nothing and asked the salesperson's opinion on it.

Only thing holding me back is the Aussie price tag on these bad-boys. Might go back home, buy it there, and bring it back with me.
look online through shopbot and myshopping etc then get them to price match. If you dont live here cant you get exemption from gst? (I dont know???)
04-10-2008, 05:55 PM   #73

QuoteOriginally posted by philmorley Quote
look online through shopbot and myshopping etc then get them to price match. If you dont live here cant you get exemption from gst? (I dont know???)
But I do live here. I'm not really exempt from anything.
04-10-2008, 08:56 PM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zoomzoomfan Quote

Hmmm.... K10's discontinued basically. Should be at closeout pricing by now. If I was of a suspicious nature I'd think they were trying to clear old stock.
There is truth in their statement but the price should be down quite a bit (at least quite a bit from a K20)
04-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #75
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by codiac2600 Quote
The price is falling from these guys cause they don't sell Pentax cameras like most other dealers.

I've had no trouble selling them at 1299 and neither has any other "real" dealer.

Not too mention the dollar is worthless and the price has to drop because of the economic scare going on.

Watching these prices on Amazon is stupid IMO because it's just a camera and if you aren't willing to spend the money its worth then why eve buy the camera? It's definitely worth 1299 so I'm not seeing this fascination in stores who suck dropping prices...
Thank You for uncommon common sense.