Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
09-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #76
Forum Member

Hi,
I understand is difficult to believe. It's not official, but in one month you know who is telling lies or the truth.
Be patience.

09-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ricardoruca Quote
Hi,
I understand is difficult to believe. It's not official, but in one month you know who is telling lies or the truth.
Be patience.
It is the APS-C K3 that I am more interested in. Do you know whether it will have a new processor too?

Full frame will interest me only if the size is reasonable and they are able to implement a working sensor based SR in it. That it must come with WR is a given.
09-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #78
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
It is the APS-C K3 that I am more interested in. Do you know whether it will have a new processor too?

Full frame will interest me only if the size is reasonable and they are able to implement a working sensor based SR in it. That it must come with WR is a given.
Sorry, but I don't have this information. I only know 24 Mpx, new AF system with more focusing points, WR. Professional body, K mount. Will be called K3, not K5 III or similar.
Regards

09-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Hi,
Be patience.
I do believe you my friend.. As many of us here do too... But it's the ACTUAL DATE of launch that matters... I doubt it'll be anything remotely amazing if they do actually announce a FF to be launched... 2014 years down the road or to be launched in year 2041.

I wouldn't be surprised that many photographers have come and gone, forever holding onto their breath, even till their passing, for an ACTUAL DATE of launch of the unicorn.

Get what i mean? LoL!

09-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #80
Veteran Member

That there will be a K-3 with new crop sensor is no doubt true. It's looong overdue. So that's not a very bold prediction.
09-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SyncGuy Quote
2) More AF point with dinner plate sized AF area is still retarded
Good news: you can't increase the AF points count and still keep the same "dinner plate sized" AF points, within the same format. More AF points means smaller AF points (how small, we'll see).

For all you need a Full Frame camera, you'll have to wait to mid 2014.
Is this a "no FF planned for this fiscal year?
09-10-2013, 12:20 AM   #82
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Good news: you can't increase the AF points count and still keep the same "dinner plate sized" AF points, within the same format. More AF points means smaller AF points (how small, we'll see).

Is this a "no FF planned for this fiscal year?
Bad news: You CAN increase AF points and still keep the same "dinner plate sized" AF points. How? I wouldn't be surprised if they added more AF points OUTSIDE of the current area that we have now..

Yes, right up to the corners.. Don't tell me "why would they do that? That's ridiculous!".. It's not... Just look at the Theta 360.. LOL!
Pentax is innovative remember? Problem is, their definition of innovation is screwed up..

09-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #83
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi everybody!
In one month the k3 24 Mpx will be announced. New AF with more focusing points. It's a fact.
For all you need a Full Frame camera, you'll have to wait to mid 2014.

Best regards
Even sparrows under the barn roof know that.
What you say is a common knowledge. Tell us something we already don't know, say, how many AF points there will be in a new camera? And how the new AF system will be named?
09-10-2013, 12:41 AM   #84
Pentaxian

Bad news: You CAN increase AF points and still keep the same "dinner plate sized" AF points. How? I wouldn't be surprised if they added more AF points OUTSIDE of the current area that we have now..

Yes, right up to the corners.. Don't tell me "why would they do that? That's ridiculous!".. It's not... Just look at the Theta 360.. LOL!
Pentax is innovative remember? Problem is, their definition of innovation is screwed up..
My bad, I'll fix that in an instant:
Pentax can't increase the AF points count and still keep the same "dinner plate sized" AF points.
Because you can (assuming DSLR R&D and production capacities available); but you're no Pentax
09-10-2013, 12:46 AM   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
My bad, I'll fix that in an instant:
Pentax can't increase the AF points count and still keep the same "dinner plate sized" AF points.
Because you can (assuming DSLR R&D and production capacities available); but you're no Pentax
Hahaha! Pentax sure can.. ;P
At the end of the day, let's just go out and shoot with our gears and leave it to them whatever they wanna do.

When the time does really come, then we'll start another "dream" thread on what Pentax should do..
09-10-2013, 01:36 AM   #86
Pentaxian

Oh, yeah, mocking Pentax for things that can only happen in your imagination. You're a true Pentaxian!
09-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #87
Forum Member

Erm... Clarifications in some of the points:

1) Announcement don't mean s**t until the actual product is shown, especially coming from Pentax. (they can announce 1 gigapixel sensor, no one cares until it materializes)

2) More AF point with dinner plate sized AF area is still retarded

3) I believe you have it wrong here... Coming from Pentax or Ricoh or whatever related to Pentax, they mean year 2041 or it could actually mean you'll have to wait another 2014 years for it to come.

Summarily, just shoot with whatever you have and/or can afford. Be it crop, m4/3, FF or MF.

If you really want FF, it's here already but they have another name for it, Canon/Nikon or CaNikon in short.
I feel that you have 0 trust in my words.
I can understand it. There is only a rumor.
Remember my nick. When Ricoh announced the K3, you can ask me some news about the FF prepared for the 2014.

09-10-2013, 03:07 AM   #88
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The K-3 cannot have the same 16mp sensor as the K-5II - it's not commercially viable/marketable in an APS-C DSLR in late 2013/early 2014 to have a >three year old sensor. No matter how good it might be - it will get highlighted in reviews.

Equally it would only be slightly more acceptable for the AF system to remain entirely the same the as the K-5II.

From these two points it is not hard to predict 24mp and more AF points.

It's the extras that everyone is interested in - like body design, any new tricks with the SR mechanism, viewfinder bells and whilstles. The actually core photographic specs are not going to surprise.
09-10-2013, 03:24 AM   #89

I feel that you have 0 trust in my words.
...When Ricoh announced the K3, you can ask me some news about the FF prepared for the...
2XXX year? I will be too old
09-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Caat Quote
The K-3 cannot have the same 16mp sensor as the K-5II - it's not commercially viable/marketable in an APS-C DSLR in late 2013/early 2014 to have a >three year old sensor. No matter how good it might be - it will get highlighted in reviews.

Equally it would only be slightly more acceptable for the AF system to remain entirely the same the as the K-5II.

From these two points it is not hard to predict 24mp and more AF points.

It's the extras that everyone is interested in - like body design, any new tricks with the SR mechanism, viewfinder bells and whilstles. The actually core photographic specs are not going to surprise.
I'm sure you're right and those kind of specs have long been a good bet on a higher-level APS-C K series camera. One unknown, however, is on-sensor PDAF. Another could be whether Pentax introduce just one new camera or two. One to replace the K5 series at about that price and another one notch up. For example, the lower one could use a 20 mp sensor and the upper one could use a 24 mp sensor with lots of bells and whistles such as dual card slots, more focus points, et al. For myself, a really good 20 mp sensor in something very similar to a K5 design but with a new iteration of SAFOX would be plenty. The 16 mp sensor in the original K5 still produces amazing quality.