Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 31 Likes Search this Thread
10-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #196
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cheekygeek Quote
Each new version of Fujitsu's Milbeaut image processor has opened the door to a whole new host of camera capabilities.
Worth waiting an extera year for - especially since the K5II/s is so good as it is.

In about 5 days I get to add, "See? Told 'ya" to my signature.

10-03-2013, 07:48 AM   #197
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Well getting PRIME III would be great, since the K-5 is a little slow in some things.
10-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #198
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well getting PRIME III would be great, since the K-5 is a little slow in some things.
a little?
my K7 was often more accurate then my K5, but then the k5 was better is some other areas.
10-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #199
Veteran Member

Amen, brother Cheekygeek...

We can only hope this is true, and that the camera does indeed come out next week. I'm REALLY anxious about the new 14/16-60/90 f2.8 lens....

Cheers,
Cameron

I don't think most of the people posting in this thread understand the significance of the original post. Regardless of whether RiceWhine has posted about Milbeaut in the past (and he has) it IS one of the most significant components of the camera system. Each new version of Fujitsu's Milbeaut image processor has opened the door to a whole new host of camera capabilities.

Milbeaut v3... *istD family
Milbeaut v4... K10D era (Pentax called PRIME)
Milbeaut v5... K7 through K-5/II/IIs (PRIME II - that was getting long in tooth - Focus Peaking not possible?)
Milbeaut v6... K30, K01 (PRIME-M - only seen on 12 bit cameras - Focus Peaking possible)
Milbeaut v7... K-3? 645DII? FF? (PRIME III)

READ the v7 specs: Fujitsu Releases New Milbeaut
What this new image processor can do is AMAZING. "the new chip enables roughly twice the processing performance of existing products"

It is worth noting that the early Sept. announcement means that they began producing in volume: First DDC. So Pentax engineers have probably been working with the prototype & specs for some time, as they designed the K-3.

There are really four big components to a DSLR: Sensor, Image Processor, Exposure System, AF system
I would suggest that the K-3 is going to be the most significant jump in a Pentax DSLR model EVER because it is upgrading not just ONE of those systems, but ALL of them.
24MP sensor, PRIME III, 2nd processor to help handle exposure & white balance, and SAFOX-XI.

I expect the K-3 to have butt-kicking FPS. The best video in a Pentax product EVAR, advanced in-camera HDR, the best AF ever in a Pentax DSLR, and a huge library of corrections possible for Pentax DA & DFA lenses. This is a camera that is actually going to make your lenses better. With no AA filter and a 24MP sensor, it also goes without saying that this will be the highest resolution APS-C camera on the market.

10-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #200

K-3

Have we seen this photo of the K-3 already?

Pentax K-3 | Camera News at Cameraegg

There is a new HD lens on the camera in this photo.
10-03-2013, 02:23 PM   #201
Pentaxian

You mean, this one?
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/238387-another-new-image-k-3-a.html
10-04-2013, 12:03 AM   #202
Veteran Member

I expect the K-3 to have butt-kicking FPS. The best video in a Pentax product EVAR, advanced in-camera HDR, the best AF ever in a Pentax DSLR, and a huge library of corrections possible for Pentax DA & DFA lenses. This is a camera that is actually going to make your lenses better. With no AA filter and a 24MP sensor, it also goes without saying that this will be the highest resolution APS-C camera on the market.
It remains to be seen if it has the best video in a Pentax ever. Will it be able to filter out hot pixels for videos too? Will it be able to shoot MJPEG? Will Pentax give back the ability to use the SR system while shooting video (they have taken it away with the K-30, K-50, K-01, ...)? Will we get manual gain control, or at least better automatic gain control? Will we get full manual controls? Many things could have been done to fix the K-5, and all it had taken would be to fix the damn firmware, ... so I'm not holding my breath yet.
In camera HDR... I'd rather have the camera shoot HDR at full resolution without having to move the shutter... i.e. take 3 exposures at different exposure times, and save them seperately, as fast as possible, as if you were shooting video, so you may do handheld HDR (unless exposure times get too long). The camera doesn't have to process anything, I can do that at home.
In camera lens correction? Again, provide good profiles for Lightroom instead. And feel free to develop lenses that focus on looking good AFTER processing in Lightroom. i.e. no need to properly correct them against distortions, vignetting and whatever else, just make them affordable, light, small instead. Provide a download/disc with profiles for Lightroom, done. I suppose for JPEG shooters in camera correction makes sense, just make sure it doesn't have to be applied to the RAWs if not wanted.

10-04-2013, 12:33 AM   #203
Pentaxian

Kadajawi, you seem to have your ideal paggage solved already. It is great that there will be a lot to solve in future. I'd love to have profiles for lightroom too. Let's see what we will have new in video department. What I'd love is more like ability to shoot longer videoclips(I do know that proper video cam would serve me lot better, but I can't afford for both . Ability to monitor sound and make adjustments so that I could usermy røde mic more optimum way. That would make my day.
10-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #204
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
In camera HDR... I'd rather have the camera shoot HDR at full resolution without having to move the shutter... i.e. take 3 exposures at different exposure times, and save them seperately, as fast as possible, as if you were shooting video, so you may do handheld HDR (unless exposure times get too long). The camera doesn't have to process anything, I can do that at home..
Thought it could do this already ?
10-04-2013, 12:58 AM   #205
Veteran Member

In camera lens correction? Again, provide good profiles for Lightroom instead. And feel free to develop lenses that focus on looking good AFTER processing in Lightroom. i.e. no need to properly correct them against distortions, vignetting and whatever else, just make them affordable, light, small instead. Provide a download/disc with profiles for Lightroom, done. I suppose for JPEG shooters in camera correction makes sense, just make sure it doesn't have to be applied to the RAWs if not wanted.
That is a very important point for some of us. I shoot only raw (DNG), and all my photos are imported into Lightroom where I always use lens profiles (if available). (Except for the DA 10-17mm Fisheye, where the lens profile de-fishes it!)

In effect, I never see the results of a lens in its native state. The lens profiles make my lenses appear to be more expensive than they are.
10-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #206
Veteran Member

In camera HDR... I'd rather have the camera shoot HDR at full resolution without having to move the shutter... i.e. take 3 exposures at different exposure times, and save them seperately, as fast as possible, as if you were shooting video, so you may do handheld HDR (unless exposure times get too long). The camera doesn't have to process anything, I can do that at home.
Itīs called bracketing, itīs under drive mode options, up to 5 shots spaced as much stops as you like. RTFM

Nothing is free, correcting distortions in PP will take resolution away. Same for all other aberrations. (see LensRentals.com - You CAN Correct It In Post, but . . .)
Also, you can download a profile generator from adobe and create your own profiles or others created by other users.

With all respect, I think you could really learn a lot from the manual that comes with the camera. And as for lenses, there isnīt a perfect lens or the best lens of all. There are some lenses that are better for some applications and so on.
10-04-2013, 03:01 AM   #207
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carrrlangas Quote
Nothing is free, correcting distortions in PP will take resolution away. Same for all other aberrations. (see LensRentals.com - You CAN Correct It In Post, but . . .)
Any lens corrections will take resolution away, even when this is done in the camerabody already. Developing RAW to JPG (or other) is no different when it is done by the camera right after the shot, from when you do it at home behind your PC. It's both PP. Only the in-camera PP uses autopilot, is less flexible, and uses valuable time.
10-04-2013, 03:36 AM   #208
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hey, here's an idea. Rather than wasting masses of forum bandwidth discussing what each of us *wants*, when it wont make any difference to what we *get*, why don't we wait and see what we *have*, and decide whether or not we want it....

If the rumours are to be believed it will be Tuesday. As I expect nothing I will not be disappointed.
10-04-2013, 03:45 AM   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Hey, here's an idea. Rather than wasting masses of forum bandwidth discussing what each of us *wants*, when it wont make any difference to what we *get*, why don't we wait and see what we *have*, and decide whether or not we want it....

If the rumours are to be believed it will be Tuesday. As I expect nothing I will not be disappointed.
LOL, I agree. Well because of the leaked information, my expectations cannot become any lower then they are right now. I hope this is all false information.
10-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Any lens corrections will take resolution away, even when this is done in the camerabody already. Developing RAW to JPG (or other) is no different when it is done by the camera right after the shot, from when you do it at home behind your PC. It's both PP. Only the in-camera PP uses autopilot, is less flexible, and uses valuable time.
Lens correction can be done in at least two ways: in the lens, (hardware) or in PP (software), be it in camera, smartphone, tablet, PC. Doesnīt matter (I never made this difference)
Now, the first method shouldnīt take resolution away as far as I know.. Correcting for aberrations (in lens design) is a trade off between themselves.