Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
09-21-2013, 06:07 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Seriously? I'm all for a good rumor but this is an obvious photoshop fake that was originally posted18 MONTHS AGO! And posted here by a first time poster. Can you spell TROLL?

09-21-2013, 06:12 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What interesting is, those two upward dots in the picture. Similer dots are present in the K-01 but downward. A very tiny detail, might be a real deal or very smart Photoshop.

Last edited by ultraviolet; 03-26-2017 at 09:15 PM.
09-21-2013, 06:14 PM   #33
Banned

Such a bad fake. AF assist list has an extra ridge, mirrorbox not in same plane as the rest of the camera, and it can't even mount a lens — it's too shallow. This s good for a "spot a flaw" in a quiz picture game.
09-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #34
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

This is as phony as that guy that sent me a Cold Fusion machine last month. I was mystified at the heat it produced, seemingly out of nothing but air, so I cut the thing open and it had a damn squirrel inside smoking a big fat cigar.
Jeffkrol, you should be ashamed!

Regards

09-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #35
Pentaxian

I've seen some pretty bad shots out of phones. Here is an example. This was with Samsung S3 from about 5 inches away from my Q. The perspective is off, the relative sizes are wonky. No photoshop involved. Shot slightly from above and to the right of the sensor.

Added: On the posted shot above, even the PENTAX label shows distortion from wide angle very close. I don't think you can determine anything at all from relative sizes in that shot, it is all wonky. It may not be a photoshop though.

09-21-2013, 09:08 PM   #36
Inactive Account

Before ordering my K5 iiS on Thursday, I simply called Pentax CS and explained that I was ready to purchase the K5 iiS, and didn't want to get caught with a new body that was outdated upon arrival. Bottom line, I asked if there was anything from Japan telling them of a new body being released. The answer was "no", and they too have been subjected to the rumor mill. I received my K5 iiS today, Saturday, via Great Lakes Camera and Amazon. The thought is that if another body is to appear, it will be early 2014. If a full frame camera hits the market earlier, my thought is that it'll be in the $1800 to $2200 range. I just paid $899 with no tax. I felt comfortable in my decision.
09-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #37
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Doh, I was just started saving money for that crazy sigma constant f1,8 zoom lens.
Anyway I hope k-3 ff is true

09-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #38
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by alsterling Quote
Before ordering my K5 iiS on Thursday, I simply called Pentax CS and explained that I was ready to purchase the K5 iiS, and didn't want to get caught with a new body that was outdated upon arrival. Bottom line, I asked if there was anything from Japan telling them of a new body being released. The answer was "no", and they too have been subjected to the rumor mill. I received my K5 iiS today, Saturday, via Great Lakes Camera and Amazon. The thought is that if another body is to appear, it will be early 2014. If a full frame camera hits the market earlier, my thought is that it'll be in the $1800 to $2200 range. I just paid $899 with no tax. I felt comfortable in my decision.
CS is generally not told about new products, or trained not to talk about them. It would be very surprising if Pentax didn't release a new flagship this year- after all, we've been waiting since 2010 to see a new sensor.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-21-2013, 11:24 PM   #39
Veteran Member

FotoForensics - Analysis

This suggests to me it was a photoshop job.
09-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #40
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
FotoForensics - Analysis

This suggests to me it was a photoshop job.
I'm confused by that.. looks like noise, but yet the details are removed.

QuoteQuote:
A real, camera-original picture, should have a lot of white, almost like noise, over the entire picture. As the picture is repeatedly resaved (not copied, but actually loaded into a program and saved again as a JPEG), high frequencies and fine details are removed. With each resave, more frequencies/details are lost until the picture cannot get any worse (returning a black ELA picture).
09-22-2013, 12:35 AM   #41
Veteran Member

Regarding the SDM contacts in the supposed new camera - I was going to point out the beveling along the edges that are present in the real-deal camera and absent in the rumor camera. The beveling is present in legacy digital Pentax cameras like my K200d. I would mention that the beveling is absent, however, on 35mm film bodies with the same contacts like the PZ-1p.
09-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #42
Pentaxian

I think it is a mix of Pentax cameras photoshopped. The area around the mount looks like K-01.
09-22-2013, 02:28 AM   #43
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Mehlsack Quote
and somehow i think the mirror is bigger, could recreate the same angle with my k5
not to mention the bottom lokks a bit different (maybe because of poor photo quality)
To support the APS-H sized sensor

09-22-2013, 02:28 AM   #44

we talked too much regarding the new K-3.

@adam can you verify this rumor?
Pentax K3 rumor from the plant... shhh...: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
09-22-2013, 02:33 AM   #45
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by sunkissedmanila Quote
we talked too much regarding the new K-3.

@adam can you verify this rumor?
Pentax K3 rumor from the plant... shhh...: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
No, but it would be funny if they branded it as a Ricoh.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: