Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 23 Likes Search this Thread
09-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #106
Pentaxian

Look around - where are those scraps?
Nope, I don't see any positive contribution. Until real leaks starts circulating, and then we're talking about information - not noise.

09-22-2013, 11:39 PM   #107
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Zero is an even number because it's divisible by 2 What it isn't, is negative or positive :P
But, is it a prime?
09-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
A positive of these kind of rumours (I guess) is that it may encourage Ricoh to feed us some scraps of real news soon. As it is, all the disinfo currently going around can only damage the brand.
Yes, that is usually the case. Leaving the forumguests to debate and sort out what rumors are real and which aren't. Actually, manufacturers usually do that BEFORE the fantasy rumors start in the first place. To prevent such damage. Damage prevention instead of damage control. We saw that with the launch of the K-01 and the K-30. But Ricoh can only actually leak their own rumors if there really is something leak.
09-22-2013, 11:59 PM   #109
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
But, is it a prime?
If it was a prime, it wouldn't be divisible by two, would it now?

Anyway, the best part of this rumour is google-translating the original Chinese forum thread. I think google struggles particularly much with Danish-Chinese - these are the first three replies from my google-translated thread (Google Chinese-Danish, my own retranslation to English):

QuoteQuote:
#1: Digging part also infuriating!

#2: Pentax isn't dead through?

#3: Again, P out full size. Unless lakes on the tree.
That is all very difficult to disagree with I suppose...

09-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote

Anyway, the best part of this rumour is google-translating the original Chinese forum thread. I think google struggles particularly much with Danish-Chinese - these are the first three replies from my google-translated thread (Google Chinese-Danish, my own retranslation to English):

That is all very difficult to disagree with I suppose...
I see from your translated quote that the Chinese are a bit surprised that pentax isn't dead after all. And then to think that the probability that this rumor is true is pretty low...
09-23-2013, 12:38 AM   #111
KX5
Forum Member

Lineup 2014

One thing is sure: Ricoh imaging is working on a FF (whatever the name, it's not important) and it's probably in the 2014 lineup. So the body might exist and will be revealed soon.
09-23-2013, 12:48 AM   #112

I'm surprised how quick the doom and gloom nay-sayers dismissed this very possible prototype of... (drum roll)... the K-02! For which Ricoh has addressed the weaknesses often cited with the K-01 - the lack of the view finder and SLR style grip. K-02 will focus much faster than K-01, thanks to the mirror, and looks much more like a "pro" camera than the K-01 thanks to an SLR style body. Same great specs otherwise. So for all who were disappointed in the K-01, Ricoh has made up to you, big time, by offering the K-02! Now save up and prepare to enjoy the K-01 in a whole new way!

09-23-2013, 12:51 AM   #113

Look at this on Ricehigh's blog !

link: RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Camera Name K-3 Accidentially Leaked at the Official Ricoh's Japanese Website!

QuoteQuote:
Camera Name K-3 Accidentially Leaked at the Official Ricoh's Japanese Website!
The following is the Official Japanese PPG (Pentax Photo Gallery), it once shown the name of K-3, together with the name of the "K-5 series", for photo submission under the same camera category! :-o

09-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by prime.partisan Quote
I'm surprised how quick the doom and gloom nay-sayers dismissed this very possible prototype of... (drum roll)... the K-02! For which Ricoh has addressed the weaknesses often cited with the K-01 - the lack of the view finder and SLR style grip. K-02 will focus much faster than K-01, thanks to the mirror, and looks much more like a "pro" camera than the K-01 thanks to an SLR style body. Same great specs otherwise. So for all who were disappointed in the K-01, Ricoh has made up to you, big time, by offering the K-02! Now save up and prepare to enjoy the K-01 in a whole new way!
Was it dismissed? I think it's only logical to make a follow-up. They tested the waters with the K-01, of course discovering a lot of improvable points with a very first model. It would be madness to not learn from it and improve.
09-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #115
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sunkissedmanila Quote
hi adam, ricehigh has confirmed it from his source.

RiceHigh's Pentax Blog: Latest K-3 Technical Details (from my Trustable Source)

is he trustable?
No, never !
09-23-2013, 01:21 AM   #116
Veteran Member

Transformed the picture to align the two red lines:

(Also compare the position of the screws: Compare camera dimensions side by side )
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
EX200  Photo 

Last edited by froeschle; 09-23-2013 at 01:30 AM.
09-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #117
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MetteHHH Quote
Yes: 2 itself is a prime. The definition of a prime is a number that may only be divided by 1 and itself. But having been taught that 2 is the only even prime number, I'm not at all sure (sorry to go off tack).
09-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #118
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Yes: 2 itself is a prime. The definition of a prime is a number that may only be divided by 1 and itself. But having been taught that 2 is the only even prime number, I'm not at all sure (sorry to go off tack).
(I would feel worse about going off track if this thread wasn't so wacky already! ) You say, correctly, "The definition of a prime is a number that may only be divided by 1 and itself". And just before, you acknowledged that 0 is divisible by 2. So, being divisible by 1, 2 and itself, it already isn't a prime. In fact, it is also divisible by 3. And by 4. By 5 too, actually. Oh, and a couple more.

So 0 is not a prime: No more than the posted photo is a Pentax k-3 (Did you notice how very subtly I managed to get the thread back on track? ).
09-23-2013, 02:51 AM   #119
Pentaxian

The K-3 however would have a Prime III processor. That's two primes in one camera. I that allowed?
09-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #120
IOO

Look at all the names used on digital kameras since they started with the K series. Compare with what they used on film cameraes from 1975 and forward. The only name not used yet is the K2, that will be the name of FF. K3 will be released soon and will be Crop.